Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

HAHAHAH!! of course you did!

It's been fun, Ted... I'm gonna miss this!

Never get me wrong, I WANT it to be back next year, but I also want to see it and the viewers treated better. Either they want the franchise and make the most use of it, or let someone else have it. I'm sure we would watch it, no matter which channel its on. I honestly dont have a lot of interest in the final 6. Out of them, I hope Penny is the first intruder ever to win, just to shoot some of the smartarses up the backside, are you l;istening TEFLON, PRIYA and SKYE? Barring that, I wouldnt mind Travis winning. ANYONE except Teflon. Did I ever mention that I dont like him :).

Thursday night

Total viewers 516,000
Ranking #17

25-54 #7
18-49 #3
16-39 #2

Last Thursday
Consolidated +78,000 +14.3% Number 6 most time shifted show

I blame the weather. :geek:
It was below freezing here last night. That plus the winter storms may have pushed up tv viewing here in the states. If you didn't see the pictures, areas near Buffalo new york got 6 feet of snow in one continuous storm and they are expecting more.

Question: more and more people I know don't have cable or watch anything on tv. Everyone watches online or Netflix or something. Is that happening in Australia too? A few years ago everyone had cable but now more people are finding they don't watch tv at all...maybe sports events.

I know Australia doesn't seem to have cable like the U.S. does, but are people just not watching tv,but watching shows online or not at all?

It was below freezing here last night. That plus the winter storms may have pushed up tv viewing here in the states. If you didn't see the pictures, areas near Buffalo new york got 6 feet of snow in one continuous storm and they are expecting more.

Question: more and more people I know don't have cable or watch anything on tv. Everyone watches online or Netflix or something. Is that happening in Australia too? A few years ago everyone had cable but now more people are finding they don't watch tv at all...maybe sports events.

I know Australia doesn't seem to have cable like the U.S. does, but are people just not watching tv,but watching shows online or not at all?

I think people are still watching TV shows but just not on TV. Most torrent them so they can watch it when they want and in time with the US/UK.

This is ratings related, and of interest, I thought:

REALITY TV ZEROES IN ON GRAND FINAL WEEK

The final week of television ratings is underway, with Reality shows reaching their crescendo.

Big Brother, The Big Adventure, Dancing with the Stars and Beauty and the Geek Australia are all waiting in the wings with Reality TV grand finals.

If pre-publicity is to be believed The Big Adventure will give away one million dollars tomorrow night, in a double episode on Seven. Only two other shows have ever given away that kind of cash prize on Australian television before: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (twice) and Big Brother (once). Unlike Seven’s ambitious new format, both were big rating drawcards at the time. Ratings-wise, Seven will be hard-pressed to improve on a value of $2 a viewer.

Dancing with the Stars has no cash at stake, but there is still a title and trophy to be won by either Ricki-Lee, Lynne McGrainger or David Rodan. While ratings have been down on previous years the show still has a decent following. Tip Rodan for the win as the act that best represents the show’s true premise.

Big Brother will give away $200,000 on Wednesday night, in a 3-way finale expected to be drawn from Skye, Travis, Ryan or Priya. At least one of them will be evicted on Tuesday night, probably with Penny and Lina. The initial prize of $250,000 has seen some of the loot already distributed in previous challenges. Starting at 8:30pm (including delayed in several states) the show won’t match previous finales and goes up against TEN’s ARIA Awards, including with Molly and Countdown inducted into the Hall of Fame. That said, the ARIAs has also not been a ratings blockbuster, so tip Big Brother to beat it.

Finally three couples will battle for $100,000 on the Beauty and the Geek Australia grand final on Thursday night: Nicole and Alexander, Oliver and Frances, Tate and Emily and Nick and Candice. At least Seven’s 90 minute finale will be without heated competition on Thursday night.

Meanwhile TEN’s Recipe to Riches will stretch past the end of ratings, for its grand final in December (who planned that one?).

But the real question for these shows won’t be who will win.

It will be ‘Will any of these shows actually return in 2015?’

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/reality-tv-zeros-in-on-grand-final-week.html

There is but it is grossly overpriced and on the whole the content is substandard. There's no point in getting cable unless you're interested in Australia sports as most of the content that forms a large part of their schedule are reruns of old tv shows from decades ago. There are some top cable shows with a 'cult like' following such as GoT that get 'fast forwarded' but other than that it is basically dated overpriced junk tv.

Monday, 24th November 2014 - Final Daily Show

Overnight viewers: (not in the top 20)
Ranked in total people: (not in the top 20)

Demographics:
25-54 (not in the top 5)
18-49 (not in the top 5)
16-39 #3

Last night 573,000 - lowest Monday audience of the year
Ranking #26

25-54 #9
18-49 #6
16-39 #3

Last Monday
Original overnight of 653,000 was adjusted down to 618,000
Consolidated +63,000 + 10.1% 6th most time shifted show

Last edited:
Last night 573,000 - lowest Monday audience of the year
Ranking #26

25-54 #9
18-49 #6
16-39 #3

Last Monday
Original overnight of 653,000 was adjusted down to 618,000
Consolidated +63,000 + 10.1% 6th most time shifted show
Now this really surprises me. I thought more people would watch the last week. Why would the last week be the lowest? Was it fantastic weather last night or was something else happening?

Pretty obvious that it would be that low...
What is the draw
We barely know these housemates
I wouldnt be suprised if tonight is also below 600,000
The show has been on a ratings burn out since the 4 new housemates

1. Its on so rarely that people forgrt
2. Last week was pretty awful
3. People keep hoping that it will be better but its hard to keep caring

Back