Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

Hmmm.. so, what beat it in it's timeslot ?

4 Corners ( 857,000 and 4th overall ) and Media Watch (786,000 and 13th overall) and Q & A ( 730,000 and 17th overall) SMASHED Big Brother, yet none of them appear in ANY of the demographics and people wonder why I'm suspicious about those being touted as good to be in. Whenever you read a news media article on a particular programme, 99% of the time, they will tell you the viewing audience, not break it down into age demographics.

4 Corners ( 857,000 and 4th overall ) and Media Watch (786,000 and 13th overall) and Q & A ( 730,000 and 17th overall) SMASHED Big Brother, yet none of them appear in ANY of the demographics and people wonder why I'm suspicious about those being touted as good to be in. Whenever you read a news media article on a particular programme, 99% of the time, they will tell you the viewing audience, not break it down into age demographics.
You are repeating yourself so I am allowed to.

They are important because that's where the $$$ is. Most advertisers don't want to spend lots of money promoting shows where mainly older people (55+) are watching. Also the ABC doesn't have much advertising. So you can basically take ABC and SBS largely out of the ratings.

4 corners and media watch and Q&A skew very old.

Also the news articles aren't the one spending money on advertising.

Tuesday, 18th November 2014 - Eviction

Overnight viewers: 525,000
Ranked in total people: #15

Demographics:
25-54 (not in the top 5)
18-49 #3
16-39 #1

Last night
25-54 #6

Previous Tuesday - original 519,000 adjusted to 500,000
Consolidated + 73,000 +14.6% 5th most time shifted show.

Wednesday 19 November

Overnight viewers 295,000
Ranked in total people #28

25-54 #18
18-49 #16
16-39 #15

(All above incl GO! in four cities plus on ch 9 in Perth)

Previous Wednesday
Original overnight adjusted from 463,000 to 445,000
Consolidated +75,000 +16.8% 6th most time shifted show
(Even with consolidated added, BB still missed the top 20 shows)

Wednesday 19 November

25-54 #18
18-49 #16
16-39 #15

Previous Wednesday

That is so weird - people really cannot find a double digit channel, or be bothered going beyond the known old school channels (or keep up with the schedule changes, or recall what was said about where it was on, or read a TV guide, and so on and so forth). Creatures of habit equals big ratings, I guess.

How sad - it really backs up why 9 did not put the show on at a regular time on Go!, though. (I hate writing that exclamation mark in, even though I love an exclamation mark.)

Wednesday 19 November

25-54 #18
18-49 #16
16-39 #15

Previous Wednesday
Go on, tell me it was beaten by - the cricket.

IE, what were people watching in it's timeslot ?

Wednesday 19 November

25-54 #18
18-49 #16
16-39 #15

Previous Wednesday

OMG! That is truly horrific!

I don't get it. Ratings simply don't add up to me. I live in Perth and yet last night even though I watched BB the ratings show a clean 0 for Perth. How is that?

I ask if there is anyone else here from WA or Perth who watched BB last night.

I know when it gives a figure of such and such a number of people watch a show you can't suggest that is a error, but when you know you watched it and yet the ratings show 0 for Perth, how do they calculate that?

That is so weird - people really cannot find a double digit channel, or be bothered going beyond the known old school channels (or keep up with the schedule changes, or recall what was said about where it was on, or read a TV guide, and so on and so forth). Creatures of habit equals big ratings, I guess.

How sad - it really backs up why 9 did not put the show on at a regular time on Go!, though. (I hate writing that exclamation mark in, even though I love an exclamation mark.)

Yeah, I saw a bunch of comments from people on twitter thinking Big Brother wasn't on last night.

With digital tv plenty of people now have built in tv guides so if they looked they would have seen it on Go. Also Sonia mentioned it at the end of Tuesday's show to watch Go (except in WA) and pretty sure the official twitter/facebook/instagram pages were posting about it on Go, yet it seems for many nothing exists outside of channels 2,7,9 and 10.

So if they don't watch it on the replay then I think that's a bummer as I actually quite liked it last night. Though Penny was the highlight and Travis and Ryan brought some laughs too.

I don't get it. Ratings simply don't add up to me. I live in Perth and yet last night even though I watched BB the ratings show a clean 0 for Perth. How is that?

I know when it gives a figure of such and such a number of people watch a show you can't suggest that is a error, but when you know you watched it and yet the ratings show 0 for Perth, how do they calculate that?

It doesn't register you as having watched it. Only those who are given a ratings box get counted. So they take that small sample size and multiply it to account for the rest of the population.

Do you have an OzTam box?
In any case, I'd bet it's a glitch with OzTam collecting the data overnight from Perth.

I should add the figures all up show as 4th place on GO at 251,000 for all of Oz and yet it was broadcast on Ch 9 over here and shows no one in WA watched it. So what was I watching?.

Even so, that CAN'T be right.

Something wrong in OzTam land. :wideyed:
It's happened before. I remember Paul Henry's breakfast got a 0 in Melbourne one time. Or maybe it was Brisbane.

Anyway, what it means is that no one with a box watched it and statistically that means only a few thousand tops watched it.

It's happened before. I remember Paul Henry's breakfast got a 0 in Melbourne one time. Or maybe it was Brisbane.

Anyway, what it means is that no one with a box watched it and statistically that means only a few thousand tops watched it.
Ummmm, but but but -
How does that compare to "usual" Perth ratings for BB for a Wednesday?

And yeah, wasn't there a similar glitch this year for BB already?

Back