Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

Now this really surprises me. I thought more people would watch the last week. Why would the last week be the lowest? Was it fantastic weather last night or was something else happening?

It was on against the Finale of The Big Adventure, another Reality TV show where some gronk won a million dollars.

It doesn't matter what's on against it. Nine have screwed the show so much that pretty much anything would beat it , I mean last week a NCIS repeat rated higher and a show such as Wonderland nearly outrated it, that tells you everything you need to know.

Overnight viewers: tedfthis (not in the top 20).

Its because of the shit housemates and none of them deserve to win $200,000. The Big Brother programme didnt engage with the audience in the first couple of weeks and have gone downhill from there. Bringing in the 4 latecomers was a sheer act of desperation, to try and shore up the ratings, but as with everything else that this production crew tried, it was another miserable failure. I cant remember a series when I didnt like at least one of the last 6. R.I.P. Ch9 version of BB.

DWTS is one of the oldest skewing shows on TV. That audience would have minimal crossover with Big Brother.

And the Arias don't rate that well, hence why Nine dumped them on GO!.

DWTS is one of the oldest skewing shows on TV. That audience would have minimal crossover with Big Brother.

And the Arias don't rate that well, hence why Nine dumped them on GO!.

One Direction are appearing at the Arias. That's kind of the demo that allegedly watches BB, and votes.

One Direction are appearing at the Arias. That's kind of the demo that allegedly watches BB, and votes.

Not to mention 5 Seconds of Summer and Justice Crew are also performing. Katy Perry is also presenting an award. BB finale is going to get destroyed.

Were they on ACA last night? There were ads for them appearing on it this week (don't think a specific day was mentioned but I would have guessed Monday) and ratings for that show were the same as usual.

Not to mention 5 Seconds of Summer and Justice Crew are also performing. Katy Perry is also presenting an award. BB finale is going to get destroyed.

I wouldn't be too sure. Biggest Loser was getting around 250-300k this year, yet the finale got 700k and the winner announced got 950k.

In 2013, TBL was getting 500-600k (same as BB right now) and thr finale cracked this million.

Last year's Big Brother finale rated about 400k higher than regular episodes.

These shows generally have quite a few casual viewers who can't commit to every episode, but all tune in for the finale.

Although I'm not sure what impact the timeslot will have. Given last year's final dragged on for 3 hours but started at 7:30pm. An 8:30 start this year could push the show past 11pm, which may be too late for a lot of the audience.

Whilst it might seem obvious, what beat it in IT's timeslot ? And by the Demos ? @IRT5 @maggot007

It was 4th in its timeslot beaten by

FOUR CORNERS-EV Network ABC 792,000
TERRITORY COPS Network TEN 722,000
MEDIA WATCH-EV Network ABC 719,000
THE BIG ADVENTURE-WINNER ANNOUNCED Network 7 649,000
Q&A-LE Network ABC 647,000
TERRITORY COPS Ep 2 Network TEN 643,000
THE BIG ADVENTURE-Ep 1 Network 7 628,000
THE BIG ADVENTURE-Ep 2 Network 7 628,000
BB had 573,000

Ten won the 8.30 timeslot in 25-54 and 18-49

I wouldn't be too sure. Biggest Loser was getting around 250-300k this year, yet the finale got 700k and the winner announced got 950k.

In 2013, TBL was getting 500-600k (same as BB right now) and thr finale cracked this million.

Last year's Big Brother finale rated about 400k higher than regular episodes.

These shows generally have quite a few casual viewers who can't commit to every episode, but all tune in for the finale.

Although I'm not sure what impact the timeslot will have. Given last year's final dragged on for 3 hours but started at 7:30pm. An 8:30 start this year could push the show past 11pm, which may be too late for a lot of the audience.
The final will probably be broken down into at least three parts as well with the "Celebration" part after the "Winner Announced" usually the highest rated.

2013 final official results (final adjusted numbers - not the ones published the next morning)

BIG BROTHER -WINNER ANNOUNCED Network 9 1,525,000
BIG BROTHER -CELEBRATION Network 9 1,289,000
BIG BROTHER -GRAND FINAL Network 9 1,153,000

The final will probably be broken down into at least three parts as well with the "Celebration" part after the "Winner Announced" usually the highest rated.

2013 final official results (final adjusted numbers - not the ones published the next morning)

BIG BROTHER -WINNER ANNOUNCED Network 9 1,525,000
BIG BROTHER -CELEBRATION Network 9 1,289,000
BIG BROTHER -GRAND FINAL Network 9 1,153,000

I don't expect this year's final to rate higher than 700-800k.

Tuesday triple eviction

Overall 552,000
Overall Ranking #15

25-54 #10
18-49 #1
16-39 #1

Other programs last night
DANCING WITH THE STARS Network 7 1,063,000
NCIS Network TEN 700,000

Last week
overnight 529,000
Consolidated +68,000 + 12.9% 6th most time shifted show

Ruddy hell. Kitchen Cabinet outrated it.

Oh, well. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

Wednesday, 26th November 2014 - Grand Finale

Overnight viewers:
Winner announced- 737,000
Grand Final - 693,000
Celebration - 662,000

Ranked in total people:
Winner announced - #9
Grand Final- #12
Celebration - #13

Demographics:
Winner announced -
25-54 #1