25-54 (not in the top 5)
18-49 #2
16-39 #2

25-54 #9

Last week
Corrected overnight 690,000
Consolidated 763,000
Change 73,000 10.6 %

5th most time shifted show (Under the Dome was #1 with a 114,000 48.7% increase)

Shame the numbers dropped. Was a really good episode all round!
That's what I was thinking, it was a very good episode last night. I'm enjoying the series a lot this year, despite some flaws... it's a shame it's not rating that well. I do think it's mainly because of the late timeslot, though. It'll be interesting to see how things go once it moves back to 7:30, if it does...

That's what I was thinking, it was a very good episode last night. I'm enjoying the series a lot this year, despite some flaws... it's a shame it's not rating that well. I do think it's mainly because of the late timeslot, though. It'll be interesting to see how things go once it moves back to 7:30, if it does...
You spoke my mind @Caleska

It's not like the slot after the Block every night isn't bad enough... That they have to go way overtime and start late...

It's all going downhill from here. Friends of mine who watched it last year have just given up altogether.

617,000 overnight, it wont be returning next year, with these numbers. 9 has shot itself in the foot on too many occasions. Moving the start and finish times about, switching channels on some nights, plus I don't think the people who watch programmes like The Block are the same audience for Big Brother, so no lead in viewers either. Its a pity, because its still a good concept, done properly, but they need new people behind the scenes. Maybe a 20-30 year old producer, that's more akin with what that demographic will tolerate, or watch. Some new ideas wouldnt go amiss either, instead of recycling the old ones. Plus, send the editing staff to school, to learn how to do it properly.

617,000 overnight, it wont be returning next year, with these numbers. 9 has shot itself in the foot on too many occasions. Moving the start and finish times about, switching channels on some nights, plus I don't think the people who watch programmes like The Block are the same audience for Big Brother, so no lead in viewers either. Its a pity, because its still a good concept, done properly, but they need new people behind the scenes. Maybe a 20-30 year old producer, that's more akin with what that demographic will tolerate, or watch. Some new ideas wouldnt go amiss either, instead of recycling the old ones. Plus, send the editing staff to school, to learn how to do it properly.

Yep... bad timeslots, and no ways to get involved apart from their punted around tv schedule (ie, live updates/live feeds, etc).

I like the people in the house, but I kinda wish they would just pull it off tv now. Too much wrong with this year.

Hey maybe they can pull it off air and just leave it with an online paid live feed. I could probably be up for that.

Dancing down but Seven still wins the night

Renovation may have pipped dancing for the top spot of the night, but that didn’t stop Seven from winning the night.
The Block (1.18m) defeated Dancing with the Stars‘ return (1.04m), but the latter’s average was across a 2.5+hr broadcast. This time it wasn’t just multichannels that got Seven over the line -it won on the primary channel share too.

Seven network share was 33.5% then Nine 28.9%, TEN 18.1%, ABC 15.4% and SBS 4.2%.

Seven News (1.12m / 1.07m) was best for Seven. Season 14 of Dancing with the Stars, now produced by FremantleMedia, had the odd Live technical hiccup and its return is the lowest season premiere yet at 1.04m. The show is still performing best with older viewers despite casting moves to engage a younger crowd and giving Ricki-Lee the bigger promo push. Home and Away was 962,000 and Million Dollar Minute was 544,000.

The Block (1.184m) continues its winning streak for Nine. Next were Nine News (1.08m / 1.05m) and A Current Affair (941,000). Big Brother‘s eviction of Katie was 617,000 a loss of 100,000 on last Tuesday, but it still managed second place in younger demos (interestingly, the schoolyard-pick eviction has been abandoned after negative feedback last week). Hot Seat was 595,000 and Arrow was 223,000 / 156,000.

The Project was 628,000 / 418,000 for TEN. Next were the return of NCIS (611,0000, TEN Eyewitness News (607,000) and Jamie’s Comfort Food (418,000). An NCIS: LA rpt was 394,000.

ABC News (807,000) topped ABC then 7:30 (677,000), Foreign Correspondent (623,000), Four Corners (512,000), QI (409,000) and At the Movies (326,000).

The Sixties led SBS ONE on 209,000 then Insight (167,000), SBS World News (130,000) and Dateline (117,000).

That Peppa Pig again ruled multichannels on 293,000. Don’t mess with the pig.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/dancing-down-but-seven-still-wins-the-night.html

Someone asked David Knox:

smit0847 October 1, 2014 at 11:00 am -
600k for a BB eviction. Is it safe to say BB is a flop this year? It must be an expensive show to produce?

David's response:
David Knox October 1, 2014 at 11:02 am -
BB is still working in demos and as cost it is value for money because of the output. I asked Nine last week to confirm if eviction style would change (they could have still made them choose btw bottom 2) but did not hear back.

Okay look at it this way; name one show that hits the top 5 demos that go from 8.40-10.10. Like David from Tvtonight.com said, Big Brother is good value for money.

No, that means because it is consistently rating HIGHLY in the two younger demos then advertisers are willing to pay $$$ for the spots.

I'm convinced you work for Endermol or Channel 9, the way you keep trying to talk up the shit ratings.

I'm convinced you work for Endermol or Channel 9, the way you keep trying to talk up the shit ratings.
Hahaha. :sneaky:

What are the demos and why are they reported on? It is so that adertisers can target their advertising to the highest spending members of society.

Seriously, how is rating number two in two of the three most important demographics for advertisers a bad thing?? Also it is second behind a show on the same network. That kind of result makes nine in an enviable position of dominating the ratings that matter from 7:30pm until whatever time Big Brother finishes.

I do not work for channel 9 or Endemol. I admit I could be wrong, I do love the show so maybe at times I am wearing my rose coloured glasses. The proof will be in the pudding and I will admit that I am wrong if the results in the demos stay as strong and the show is still cancelled.

Hahaha. :sneaky:

What are the demos and why are they reported on? It is so that adertisers can target their advertising to the highest spending members of society.

Seriously, how is rating number two in two of the three most important demographics for advertisers a bad thing?? Also it is second behind a show on the same network. That kind of result makes nine in an enviable position of dominating the ratings that matter from 7:30pm until whatever time Big Brother finishes.

I do not work for channel 9 or Endemol. I admit I could be wrong, I do love the show so maybe at times I am wearing my rose coloured glasses. The proof will be in the pudding and I will admit that I am wrong if the results in the demos stay as strong and the show is still cancelled.

Stick your neck out, will it be back next year? I say on these figures that unfortunately, it wont.

Back