Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

…as we all know… I’m not the type of guy to go on a rant for the least reason (har har!… joke)… but I saw an Ad from the WWF on adopting a Koala… now I’m all for that idea… it’s a great cause…

70CB50E9-E927-4707-A4AA-CBC330A1C1DF.jpeg

…as you can see… you can donate various amounts… even for other wildlife which is great…

DCFA38A6-8C55-4DAB-A918-604075A92CBD.jpeg

…I think that it’s a great cause… BUT!… here’s what gets me…

B599276E-E296-4E7C-AEC4-62D13179B057.jpeg361E866B-25EC-45E7-A165-B1673C3A2535.jpeg

…when you adopt a Koala or Platypus or whatever… they send you an ’adoption pack’… which includes a FLUFFY KOALA TOY or a FLUFFY PLATYPUS TOY or whatever… why?????… even if it only cost $2 per toy to make… wouldn’t that $2 be better off being spent on saving the animals themselves?… are people so fickle about donating/adopting an animal that they won’t do it unless they get SOMETHING for doing it then they won’t bother?… then they aren’t worth worrying about as far as I’m concerned… so WHY send a fluffy toy?… actually spend the money saving the animal itself!…

…I actually wonder at times when I watch different charities asking for donations on TV on just how much of… say $100 actually gets to the person/animal itself after ‘administration costs’ are taken out… hmmmmm!… I wonder?… maybe I’m just becoming too cynical in my old age?… 👀🧐😏☹️😇… cheers.

I agree that you shouldn't need a toy koala to entice you into sponsoring saving one.
But the company knows what people are like, and that they do indeed need something to acknowledge how generous they are, so I don't really blame them for having a marketing strategy.
At the end of the day, the koala pack probably does raise more money than simply asking for a donation.

I agree that you shouldn't need a toy koala to entice you into sponsoring saving one.
But the company knows what people are like, and that they do indeed need something to acknowledge how generous they are, so I don't really blame them for having a marketing strategy.
At the end of the day, the koala pack probably does raise more money than simply asking for a donation.
…yeah I guess so but I bet that %95 of those fluffy toys probably end up in a drawer somewhere or end up as a toy for the pet dog to tear to bits … still… the $2 for the fluffy toy could’ve been put towards saving more Koalas… simply multiplying $2 by 100 people donating money could probably have saved about 6 Koalas in itself… if they sent an official certificate stating that you adopted a Koala for instance (something that you could frame and proudly display to impress others)… then that should be enough to satisfy someone’s ego…

…I know that when I was working that I used to make an automatic donation from my wages each week to the ‘Kids for Cancer’ charity for instance… nobody except me knew about it… as my company sent the donation directly to the charity… I didn’t need a fluffy toy or the equivalent to please my ego… I was more than happy that all the money was being used to help the kids with Cancer… (at least most of it I assume)… (I’ve donated money to various charities since I started work at 15 years old)… none of them had to send me anything to get me to start donating to them… so it must be a new form of marketing strategy or something?…

…still… to me at least… I think that the $2 could do more good to somewhere else instead of making people feel good about themselves… it’s way more practical to look after the animals… not the donators to me… anyway… they are my thoughts… cheers.

…great!… one of my favourite shows on TV is ‘The Curse of Oak Island’ (after 10 years of searching for treasure… they are soooooooo close lol!)… I saw an Ad on SBS that a new show called ‘Beyond Oak Island’ is starting soon… I can’t wait!… apparently Rick and Marty show other treasure seekers elsewhere hunting for other treasures everywhere around the world and sometimes sit in on the hunts while the discoveries ate happening… shit I love this kind of stuff!… as I said… I can’t wait!… cheers.

…as I said in the post above… I was soooo looking forward to the latest season of ‘The Curse of Oak Island’…but the first 4 episodes for the last 2 weeks have been of that ‘Matty Blake’ dickwad recapping the ‘top 10 finds’ or ‘top 10 discoveries’ type of shows… not the actual shows themselves… what a bloody shonky waste of time throw away episodes those 4 episodes were!… they’re time wasters… that Matty Blake dickhead always tries to steal the limelight from the other cast members… he’s always asking obvious… stupid questions just to get the cameras onto him… he’s an Oxygen thief… they should never had put him on the show in the first place… this Thursday night coming better be the actual show itself or.. or.. or… cheers.

…I watched the latest 2 episodes of Oak Island last night… grrrr!… the 1st episode was that fuckwit Matty Blake again!!!!!… another completely wasted episode!… thank god that the second episode was a more or less ‘normal’ one!… I just hope that the rest of the episodes this year are ‘normal’ ones too… they better be!… cheers.

…as I said in the post above… I was soooo looking forward to the latest season of ‘The Curse of Oak Island’…but the first 4 episodes for the last 2 weeks have been of that ‘Matty Blake’ dickwad recapping the ‘top 10 finds’ or ‘top 10 discoveries’ type of shows… not the actual shows themselves… what a bloody shonky waste of time throw away episodes those 4 episodes were!… they’re time wasters… that Matty Blake dickhead always tries to steal the limelight from the other cast members… he’s always asking obvious… stupid questions just to get the cameras onto him… he’s an Oxygen thief… they should never had put him on the show in the first place… this Thursday night coming better be the actual show itself or.. or.. or… cheers.
I gave up on that show years ago... It's like a 'scam' or click bait, maybe watch bait :p... They never find the treasure & its been going on for years.. But the producers (like every other show these days) go ape shit over some minor discovery...
"Ooooh they've found something on the metal detector, watch next weeks episode as they uncover the MYSTERY object, is it the treasure FINALLY???"

Noooooooooooooo, its a fucking bottle top :rolleyes::D

If they took all the $$$ they'd sunk into that project and invested it on the stock exchange over the last 10 years, they'd be able to buy their own treasure at Southerby's Auctions :p

It's almost as bad as watching Outback Truckers.... "Stay tuned as Bob drives through a life changing water hazard"

k.jpg

"Phew, HE MADE IT... " :rolleyes:

I gave up on that show years ago... It's like a 'scam' or click bait, maybe watch bait :p... They never find the treasure & its been going on for years.. But the producers (like every other show these days) go ape shit over some minor discovery...
"Ooooh they've found something on the metal detector, watch next weeks episode as they uncover the MYSTERY object, is it the treasure FINALLY???"

Noooooooooooooo, its a fucking bottle top :rolleyes::D

If they took all the $$$ they'd sunk into that project and invested it on the stock exchange over the last 10 years, they'd be able to buy their own treasure at Southerby's Auctions :p

It's almost as bad as watching Outback Truckers.... "Stay tuned as Bob drives through a life changing water hazard"

View attachment 59444

"Phew, HE MADE IT... " :rolleyes:

…but… but… they’re sooooooo close to making a major discovery at the Money Pit!… hence why I HAVE TO watch it!… it would be so funny if they finally get to where the treasure was and they see a hand written scroll that says “sucked in me hearties… we’ve already nicked it!… signed… The Pirates”… I would spit chunks from laughter if that happened lol!… but still… it’s way better watching Oak Island rather than 95% of the other shit on offer on TV at the moment so that’s why I persevere with the show I guess?… lol!… cheers.

…but… but… they’re sooooooo close to making a major discovery at the Money Pit!… hence why I HAVE TO watch it!… it would be so funny if they finally get to where the treasure was and they see a hand written scroll that says “sucked in me hearties… we’ve already nicked it!… signed… The Pirates”… I would spit chunks from laughter if that happened lol!… but still… it’s way better watching Oak Island rather than 95% of the other shit on offer on TV at the moment so that’s why I persevere with the show I guess?… lol!… cheers.
hahaha you've been conned Sticky... you're like the people that have their favourite numbers in lotto. They can never stop, in case their numbers come up that week.. You've invested too much viewing time & have to keep watching in case they find the loot... :bawling:

…hahaha!… we’ve had the same Lotto numbers since we started playing Lotto!… you’ve got me pegged pretty well lol!… but… still… they MIGHT find the treasure next week… they just might!… oh dear!… I see what you mean… about being a sucker for this show… aw hell… I might aswell still watch it as there is fuck all else to watch lol!… hmmmmm!… I wonder if the treasure is in the swamp?… ha!… yet another theory!… and I thought of it!… wow!… who woulda thunk it?… cheers.

…the latest NRMA ad for road assistance is so annoying at the moment because of major flaws in the ad… a woman is stranded in the middle of a paddock on top of a hill… she has apparently ‘lost her keys’… okay… let's do a C.S.I type of investigation into this part of the ad will we?…

…the NRMA guy strolls up to her with her car keys in his hand to where she is stranded in the middle of a paddock on top of a hill…she then says “I lost my keys” and then laughs and thanks him… okay…

1;… how did she get there in the first place without her car keys?… even with push button starting cars you still have to have your keys close to you for the car to even start…

2;… where did the NRMA guy even find her keys?… did she leave them in a petrol station when she filled her petrol tank up?… still… how did she get to the paddock without her keys?…

3;… did she leave her keys at home?…. did he break into her home to retrieve them?… how did he know where they were in her home?… again… how did she get to the paddock?…

4;… did she lose them within the car itself?… well… the fact that the NRMA guy is walking towards the car with the keys in hand rules that scenario out… (besides… why couldn’t she have found them herself instead of ringing for road assistance in the fist place?)… is she a total moron?…

5;… did the keys fall out of her car window while she drove 50 Kilometres to the paddock?… if so… did the NRMA guy scour the road inch by inch for 50 Kilometres until he found them?… again… how did she get to the paddock?…

…the last scenario is quite ridiculous I know but not as ridiculous as the rest of the possible scenarios in my opinion… in each scenario… how did she even get to the paddock?… are we being treated like complete idiots having to swallow this shit?… to completely suspend logic altogether?… how stupid do you think we are… don’t treat us like morons… we do have brains… cheers.

…I wrote this back in September 11 in 2021 on page 2 of this thread… the Ad was on tonight… it’s really continuing to piss me off as to where the keys were found to this day… I’ve been trying to let it go but I hate an unsolved mystery!… where were those friggin’ keys?????… they must’ve been somewhere… but where?…

…maybe the NRMA guy and her hooked up the night before and had wild rampaging sex all night and she left her keys on the bedside table next to the bed… perhaps thats why the NRMA guy knew where the keys were?… but still… how did she get to the paddock without her keys?…

…maybe that while she was on her way to the paddock she was abducted by Aliens and when they finished probing her with their instruments and let her go they kept her keys as a memento?… maybe the NRMA guy was abducted next and probed too and when they were releasing him he happened to notice her keys and picked them up on the way out of the spacecraft?… but still… how did she get to the paddock without her fucking keys in the first place?…

…it’s doing my head in!… I have to know!… please… if anyone knows … please tell me… it’s like what that guy said in the ‘Dirty Harry’ movie said… “I gots to know!”… cheers.

…on a promo Ad for the TV show ‘60 minutes’ they are showing all different stories on the show… one is of a reporter who is about to interview a woman… he says to her “can you tell us what happened?”… she replies… “it’s so hard to talk about…”…………… THEN WHY ARE YOU THERE THEN?

…it really pisses me off when people do that to make the story ‘more dramatic’… you’ve agreed to do the damn interview… just do it!… sheesh!… cheers.

…why is it that when they show you an Ad about a new miracle bed or pillow or whatever that will guarantee to give you the best sleep of your life… they show you someone sleeping with a SMILE on their face as they’re sleeping?… it’s ridiculous… peoples face muscles naturally relax when you sleep… it looks stupid!… shit it irritates me!… cheers.

…”I’m Jason Bull… I’m not a lawyer… I’m an expert in what they call ‘Trial Science’…”
…”so what’s the plan?”… asks the obvious stupid underling…
…”WIN!”… Bull says like a total smug git…
…”the harder cases are what turns him on!”… says the obvious stupid underling…
…wearing a big smug arrogant grin on Bulls face he says… “I hate to win and run but I need to go…”

…with just these few words it has proved to me that I should never watch this pathetic premise of a show… it’s called ‘Bull’… having to watch a smug arrogant shitball personality like that would do my head in… as a former Union Delegate for about 26 years I have dealt with people like this many times… they are vile types of people… so sure of themselves that they would step on people on the way up the ladder just to improve their position… no matter if they hurt them or not… so why would I watch this shit show glorifying a person like that as ‘entertainment’?… no thanks… even the promo Ad makes me feel sick to the stomach… cheers.

…I’ve solved the ‘missing keys’ mystery in that NRMA Ad!… I think… it’s in this Ad at the 19 second part…

…the NRMA guy is seen slamming the door of the car… so he must have found those bloody lost keys… UNDER HER SEAT!… yes… under her friggin’ seat!… so… is that woman a complete moron?… she never thought to look under her seat?… the most obvious place on the planet Earth to look?… she got him to drive endless Kilometres to a remote paddock because she’s so fucking stupid?… what a dumb flosshead!… seriously… that is so stupid… well… at least I’ve solved it at last… I think… cheers.

…by the way… I forgot to mention in the above post that my sweet darling wife was the one that noticed the door slam in the Ad… not me… so credit is due to her in helping me to solve the ‘missing keys’ mystery… (I just thought that I better mention it lol!)… cheers.

…”I’m Jason Bull… I’m not a lawyer… I’m an expert in what they call ‘Trial Science’…”
…”so what’s the plan?”… asks the obvious stupid underling…
…”WIN!”… Bull says like a total smug git…
…”the harder cases are what turns him on!”… says the obvious stupid underling…
…wearing a big smug arrogant grin on Bulls face he says… “I hate to win and run but I need to go…”

…with just these few words it has proved to me that I should never watch this pathetic premise of a show… it’s called ‘Bull’… having to watch a smug arrogant shitball personality like that would do my head in… as a former Union Delegate for about 26 years I have dealt with people like this many times… they are vile types of people… so sure of themselves that they would step on people on the way up the ladder just to improve their position… no matter if they hurt them or not… they ignore your opinions or suggestions as if you are a mere underling showing a complete lack of respect to you as a person… so why would I watch this shit show glorifying a person like that as ‘entertainment’?… no thanks… even the promo Ad makes me feel sick to the stomach… cheers.

…haha!… I didn’t realise that I had already posted this last post a few posts back… at my age… I’m calling it a ‘Senior moment’… let’s leave it that eh?… lol!… cheers.

…why are there more and more and bloody more American Ads on our TV now?… why can’t we give our actors the work in making them for Australians?… I know… I’ve complained about this several times before but it is getting worse now… it’s ridiculous… cheers.

Back