Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

IMG_5976.jpeg

^^THIS^^… would be my worst nightmare!… for some reason unbeknownst to me the Monopoly guy scares the living shit out of me… (it must be a kind of clowns scaring the hell out of people thing I guess?)… especially when he does this…

IMG_5977.jpeg

…when he’s playing the drums I actually have to look away from the TV… weird eh?… like I said… I have no idea why it happens… **shudders looking at the two images**… cheers.

…ha!…I just love that new ‘Budget Insurance’ Ad with all those E bikes chasing that guy in the car after he accidentally knocks a stack of them over lol!… the best line in the Ad is “they’re in trouble… they’re not using the bike lane” lol!… here it is… cheers.

…in the latest Referendum Ad it says “don’t worry if you make a mistake in the voting… just ask an attendant and they will supply you with another ballot paper”… (or something like that)… if you make a mistake?… you only have to write or tick ‘yes’ or ‘no’ ffs!… if you are that moronic… YOU SHOULDN‘T BE ALLOWED TO VOTE!… sheesh!… 🙄… cheers.

…isn’t it amazing… the Virgin Australia Ad doesn’t have a single Australian in it… they’re all Americans… what?… are they too cheap to make one featuring Australian's?… if so… you can shove your Airline up your arse you cheapskates… cheers.

…in the new ‘bat bowl Dettol’ Ad this guy is in a full on dive to catch whatever he is trying to save… so momentum is obviously carrying him so fast forwards that he has no choice but to fall to the ground… BUT

IMG_1413.jpeg

…this is the next shot… he is fully stopped as he catches the Dettol bottle… no falling to the ground whatsoever…

IMG_1415.jpeg

…um… to the people that made this Ad… you can’t beat the laws of physics just for a good shot of your product… it makes the ad look stupid… here’s the Ad… cheers.

…I’m all for helping the homeless and giving them tents etc… the new Ad for the tents is a tad bit confusing for me though… where you see the yellow arrows at each end of the tent… it looks like those cords are attached to some of those columns in the overpass… so that must mean that the tents must need a hook or something to attach the cords to in order to make them stay up… where will homeless people be able to attach them somewhere and they obviously won’t be able to afford hooks or even be able to install them on public buildings etc will they?… so… how are those tents practical for the homeless?… just curious… cheers.

IMG_1700.jpeg

…it always cracks me up when Channel 7 or 9 do a report on ‘cyber crime‘… they ALWAYS show images like these to represent a cyber criminal…

IMG_1759.jpegIMG_1760.jpeg

…what?… do they REALLY think that the ‘cyber criminals’ sit in a room with a ‘hoodie’ on to hide their identity?… who are they ‘hiding‘ from when they’re in (what I imagine) a locked room all by themselves?… are they surrounded by walls of computer screens?… they can only type on one keyboard at a time so why would they have so many screens?… their faces are always in the dark…why?… is it just in case he accidentally activates his webcam and reveals himself to the whole world?… if he does because he’s THAT stupid… he shouldn’t be allowed to have a computer in the first place… does he still wear wear the hoodie in mid summer?… again… why?… they are ridiculous depictions of these low life shitbags and are so cliche’… cheers.

…it always cracks me up when Channel 7 or 9 do a report on ‘cyber crime‘… they ALWAYS show images like these to represent a cyber criminal…

View attachment 62375View attachment 62376

…what?… do they REALLY think that the ‘cyber criminals’ sit in a room with a ‘hoodie’ on to hide their identity?… who are they ‘hiding‘ from when they’re in (what I imagine) a locked room all by themselves?… are they surrounded by walls of computer screens?… they can only type on one keyboard at a time so why would they have so many screens?… their faces are always in the dark…why?… is it just in case he accidentally activates his webcam and reveals himself to the whole world?… if he does because he’s THAT stupid… he shouldn’t be allowed to have a computer in the first place… does he still wear wear the hoodie in mid summer?… again… why?… they are ridiculous depictions of these low life shitbags and are so cliche’… cheers.
I remember watching the movie Hackers back years ago (1995) and they had data flying all around - and it made it look like hacking must look so cool with all this swirling information and almost like you are walking though someone else's computer. And the people that did the hacking and that movie we all good looking (Angelna Jolie, Johnny Lee Miller, Matthew Liilard etc) and wore really out there amazingly weird stuff.

…there’s a new show coming to Channel 7Mate that is just pure shit… it’s called ‘Kings Of Pain’…

IMG_2130.jpeg

…it involves two wankers getting bitten / stung / injected and drinking poisonous venoms from various insects or animals ‘all in the name of Science’… yeah riiiiiiight!… why would I possibly watch a piece of shit TV that involves two idiots subjecting themselves to these horrors?… so they get stung by a Scorpion and then we watch them screaming in pain… what’s the big deal about that?… seriously… what’s ‘entertaining’ about that?…

IMG_2132.jpeg

...I remember the stupid ‘Jackass’ movies with Johnny Knoxville and the others in the early 2,000’s… there was not one funny thing or entertaining thing about it in watching them deliberately hurting themselves… how puerile… as far as I’m concerned… this show will be too… I won’t be watching this crud… that’s for sure… what a waste of airtime… cheers.

…there’s a new show coming to Channel 7Mate that is just pure shit… it’s called ‘Kings Of Pain’…

View attachment 62767

…it involves two wankers getting bitten / stung / injected and drinking poisonous venoms from various insects or animals ‘all in the name of Science’… yeah riiiiiiight!… why would I possibly watch a piece of shit TV that involves two idiots subjecting themselves to these horrors?… so they get stung by a Scorpion and then we watch them screaming in pain… what’s the big deal about that?… seriously… what’s ‘entertaining’ about that?…

View attachment 62769

...I remember the stupid ‘Jackass’ movies with Johnny Knoxville and the others in the early 2,000’s… there was not one funny thing or entertaining thing about it in watching them deliberately hurting themselves… how puerile… as far as I’m concerned… this show will be too… I won’t be watching this crud… that’s for sure… what a waste of airtime… cheers.
they wanna know pain - have them live with ongoing chronic pain. pain that never goes away. dull aching gnawing pain.
Or migraine pain - The throbbing head - the nausea, the dizziness, the numb face or extremities, the extreme sensitivity to light, smells, sounds.
Or the feeling of an ovarian cyst bursting, or an ovarian cyst growing so big it causes the the ovary to twist (ovarian torsion).
Or the arthritis pain - that feeling of glass in your joints as you take a step.
Or nerve pain - the jackhammer, the electric shocks, the sharp stabbing.
Or.... the list goes on

Too many people live with real pain that medical professionals do not understand or take seriously. Dickheads pretending like pain is nothing do not help people who need to be treated with more empathy and respect to be.

they wanna know pain - have them live with ongoing chronic pain. pain that never goes away. dull aching gnawing pain.
Or migraine pain - The throbbing head - the nausea, the dizziness, the numb face or extremities, the extreme sensitivity to light, smells, sounds.
Or the feeling of an ovarian cyst bursting, or an ovarian cyst growing so big it causes the the ovary to twist (ovarian torsion).
Or the arthritis pain - that feeling of glass in your joints as you take a step.
Or nerve pain - the jackhammer, the electric shocks, the sharp stabbing.
Or.... the list goes on

Too many people live with real pain that medical professionals do not understand or take seriously. Dickheads pretending like pain is nothing do not help people who need to be treated with more empathy and respect to be.
…Isee… that is one of the best posts that I have read in a long time… I wish that I had written it… well said you… you nailed it perfectly… and… you’re right… they’re complete dickheads in pretending is like pain is nothing… people that suffer long term… permanent pain are the true heroes… great post Isee… cheers.

…I can’t believe just how much I’m so addicted to the new versions of ‘Tipping Point Australia’ and ‘Deal Or No Deal’!… our TPA is so much more fun and livelier and easier to watch than the British version by far and DOND with Grant Denyer is so much fun… he is the perfect host for the show… I really like Grant… but yeah!… two great shows… cheers.

…I can’t think of anyone else that would be any better than Grant Denyer for the host of Deal or no deal… he makes that show… I am often stumped as to why people don’t like him… I think he’s great fun… cheers.

…I can’t believe just how much I’m so addicted to the new versions of ‘Tipping Point Australia’ and ‘Deal Or No Deal’!… our TPA is so much more fun and livelier and easier to watch than the British version by far and DOND with Grant Denyer is so much fun… he is the perfect host for the show… I really like Grant… but yeah!… two great shows… cheers.
Tipping Point and the chase (UK) is on several times a day in NZ - probably more soon because they have just announced cost cutting measures which will see them removing most of the news broadcasts from TVNZ (The other channel had their news cut a week or so ago).

I used to find both TPUK and TCUK not too bad but I am over it - although give me the choice of 4 hours of that or 10 mins of Eddie McGuire with his stupid face I will pick the hours thanks! I haven't seen grant denyer, but i imagine he wouldn't be a bad host.

…every time I hear the Channel 10 news theme I think that it’s the UK or Aussie version of ‘Tipping Point’… to me they sound so similar… it’s probably just me because I’m an old fart but it drives me mad lol!… here they both are… what do you reckon?… it’s just me isn’t it?… lol!… it’s fun growing old… cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers - Grant Denyer is an acquired taste. I don't mind his enthusiasm, but I can see why other people find him irritating.
Todd Woodbridge on Tipping Point is a revelatiion - I'd never have thought a former tennis player and regular commentator would make a decent game show host.
Larry Emdur is much quieter, but that approach works on The Chase, when he's refereeing big personalities in terms of the Chasers panel.
Finally, is anyone else sick of Hard Quiz? Maybe it's because the ABC just endlessly repeats those episodes, again and again.

Mr Stickyfingers - Grant Denyer is an acquired taste. I don't mind his enthusiasm, but I can see why other people find him irritating.
Todd Woodbridge on Tipping Point is a revelatiion - I'd never have thought a former tennis player and regular commentator would make a decent game show host.
Larry Emdur is much quieter, but that approach works on The Chase, when he's refereeing big personalities in terms of the Chasers panel.
Finally, is anyone else sick of Hard Quiz? Maybe it's because the ABC just endlessly repeats those episodes, again and again.

…Evan… what a great summation of all those guys…

…I like Grant Denyer because of his over exuberance… he pokes fun of the banker and the contestants when they do stupid things… he has a funny over exaggerated energy similar to a small dog that jumps up and down craving attention when his owner gets home from being at work all day lol!… he’s actually my favourite host…

…Todd Woodbridge is a more quieter stick-to-the-script type of host that looks a bit too scared to have some fun type of host to me… but it might just be early days… he could ‘loosen up’ a bit more as he does it a bit longer… and as you said… being an ex tennis player… he does make a decent game show host… who woulda thunk it?…

…Larry Emdur has always been one of my favourite hosts too… he uses his quick-witted quips to his great advantage… I used to watch his early morning show on Channel 7 to enjoy his humour… he is real fun… I think that he’s a very brainy person too…

…I could never take to Hard Quiz because of Tom Gleeson… I can’t stand him… I never have… I think he’s a total prick…

…but yeah… Grant as my #1… Larry as my #2… and Todd as my #3 … Gleeson doesn’t even qualify for my list… but as I said Evan… a great summation of them all my friend… cheers.

Larry Emdur is my favourite male tv host by far. Also Bradley Walsh on The Chase who is effortlessly funny.

…Bradley Walsh is really funny when he loses control and begins uncontrollably laughing… he’s hilarious when that happens lol!… cheers.

Back