Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

…the latest NRMA ad for road assistance is so annoying at the moment because of major flaws in the ad… a woman is stranded in the middle of a paddock on top of a hill… she has apparently ‘lost her keys’… okay… let's do a C.S.I type of investigation into this part of the ad will we?…

…the NRMA guy strolls up to her with her car keys in his hand to where she is stranded in the middle of a paddock on top of a hill…she then says “I lost my keys” and then laughs and thanks him… okay…

1;… how did she get there in the first place without her car keys?… even with push button starting cars you still have to have your keys close to you for the car to even start…

2;… where did the NRMA guy even find her keys?… did she leave them in a petrol station when she filled her petrol tank up?… still… how did she get to the paddock without her keys?…

3;… did she leave her keys at home?…. did he break into her home to retrieve them?… how did he know where they were in her home?… again… how did she get to the paddock?…

4;… did she lose them within the car itself?… well… the fact that the NRMA guy is walking towards the car with the keys in hand rules that scenario out… (besides… why couldn’t she have found them herself instead of ringing for road assistance in the fist place?)… is she a total moron?…

5;… did the keys fall out of her car window while she drove 50 Kilometres to the paddock?… if so… did the NRMA guy scour the road inch by inch for 50 Kilometres until he found them?… again… how did she get to the paddock?…

…the last scenario is quite ridiculous I know but not as ridiculous as the rest of the possible scenarios in my opinion… in each scenario… how did she even get to the paddock?… are we being treated like complete idiots having to swallow this shit?… to completely suspend logic altogether?… how stupid do you think we are… don’t treat us like morons… we do have brains… cheers.

…that McDonalds Monopoly ad where Mr Monopoly is doing a drumroll and is coming closer and closer really creeps me out… it’s like if a clown comes towards me (I know… I sound like a big old wuss) but they freak me out too… (I’m actually terrified of them to be honest)… this is the same feeling to me… such a creepy ad… cheers.

Bad ads aside, one I do like (or did like), was the Boating Camping Fishing one.
That was so catchy, I was singing it without realising it, until I was told! 😀

Though I didn't rush off to buy anything from them.

Bad ads aside, one I do like (or did like), was the Boating Camping Fishing one.
That was so catchy, I was singing it without realising it, until I was told! 😀

Though I didn't rush off to buy anything from them.
…those ads are a crack up… lol!… the one where he is fishing and a speedboat goes past and he gets dragged into the water is the funniest lol!… cheers.

It's really stupid but I find myself saying "woof" every time the Beaurepaires dog does. It's the way he just says "woof" without trying to make it sound like an actual dog.
…thank god that I’m not the only one that is subconsciously reacting to those types of ads lol!… I can’t stop myself singing jingles like the Electro-dry or Boating Camping Fishing ads lol!… cheers.

…I must admit… I’ve never seen these ads Meglos my friend so I can’t comment lol!… cheers.
I don't think I've seen that one either. It must be on at a time that I'm fast forwarding.
Mind you, my partner is always amazed when I notice an ad for the first time, and he says that it's been on for months. Sometimes I can look at the TV and be in another zone.

…I must admit… I’ve never seen these ads Meglos my friend so I can’t comment lol!… cheers.

I don't think I've seen that one either. It must be on at a time that I'm fast forwarding.
Mind you, my partner is always amazed when I notice an ad for the first time, and he says that it's been on for months. Sometimes I can look at the TV and be in another zone.
I realised afterwards that the Haggle ads (for furniture) are probably only a South Australian store, so you won't get the very annoying ads.

Last edited:
Then there is tv shows like that one called "Undercover Boss". Seriously how fake is this show as if the other employees have absolutely no idea that the new worker is some sort of suspect worker? LOL! Umm here's the major problem with the whole concept of this show. When a new worker is being followed around by someone filming them while they work don't you think that just a bit sus? LOL! Oh course the other employees know there is something going on with the new "disguised" worker! Now if it was all secret with hidden camera's then I might actually believe the other workers know nothing about it. But sadly it's not the case with this show.

Then there is tv shows like that one called "Undercover Boss". Seriously how fake is this show as if the other employees have absolutely no idea that the new worker is some sort of suspect worker? LOL! Umm here's the major problem with the whole concept of this show. When a new worker is being followed around by someone filming them while they work don't you think that just a bit sus? LOL! Oh course the other employees know there is something going on with the new "disguised" worker! Now if it was all secret with hidden camera's then I might actually believe the other workers know nothing about it. But sadly it's not the case with this show.
I used to watch that and used to think that.
The disguises were pretty dodgy.
I used to think the employees must be pretty dim not to notice, although some of them had quizzical expressions on their faces.
I seem to be drawn to terrible TV 🤭

…haha!… everything you say is so true about that show… of course… the cameras would be a dead giveaway lol!… they must be so gullible to think that we would fall for it lol!… cheers.

Another one I have been recently watching on channel 96 is a car restoration show called "Overhaulin'". It's a great show I love watching these old classic muscle cars getting fully restored but I noticed a thing with this show which I think is a bit dodgy. They seem to try and take the owners car away by lying to them saying the car has outstanding fines or some other crap etc. The problem I have noticed is they are filming the owners of these cars at the front of their house in the street while they are talking to them. Now i'm sure they can see someone across the street filming all of this while they are being "tricked" into their car being taken away by a tow truck? lol.

Anyway apart from that it's actually a great show it's possibly from around the mid 90's but it's a good show. Cheers!

Another one I have been recently watching on channel 96 is a car restoration show called "Overhaulin'". It's a great show I love watching these old classic muscle cars getting fully restored but I noticed a thing with this show which I think is a bit dodgy. They seem to try and take the owners car away by lying to them saying the car has outstanding fines or some other crap etc. The problem I have noticed is they are filming the owners of these cars at the front of their house in the street while they are talking to them. Now i'm sure they can see someone across the street filming all of this while they are being "tricked" into their car being taken away by a tow truck? lol.

Anyway apart from that it's actually a great show it's possibly from around the mid 90's but it's a good show. Cheers!
..I don’t understand as to why they don’t go straight to the cops to report their cars as having been stolen... that’s what I would do… it’s obvious that it’s a set up and that they’re aware of it too… cheers.

...the BUPA Insurance ad where that black girl is moving a wardrobe down an outside set of stairs on her own is quite ridiculous… she never cleared any plants in pots off the stairs… she has a small dog running around her feet… she’s doing it on her own… and it’s an ad for insurance?… um… yeah… real safe practices indeed…quite a silly ad methinks!… cheers.

…words like ‘closure’‘fur babies (for pets)… and ‘vale’ (instead of R.I.P) (when somebody dies)… should never been heard or seen on TV again… this is not the U.S.A… cheers.

Back