Skip to main content

BB bumped to 8.30pm from next week

Yeah. Don't think they bothered to unpack the stage for VIP and just filmed it all inside the house.

I vaguely remember the winner announcement being made on top of the pool.

why are tv networks so quick to can /or burn off poorly rating tv shows?
It is a lot to do with money. The channels can't demand as much per commercial in a TV program that people are not watching. More companies want their commercials to run during a high rating program therefore the tv channels can charge a premium rate for the privilege. Eg in America superbowl Sunday is known for its commercials and to advertise then would cost squillions more than just advertising on any other regular day.

Maybe this year in anticipation of the absolute ratings failure that it is they decided to let housemates pick the winner getting rid of the very last part of what made this bb in Australia. But would what viewers of this season are left watching even care?

They advertised the show with the 'You Decide' tagline, so public still decides the winner.

So channel 9 has also now bumped My Mum Your Dad to a later timeslot and taken it off Sundays altogether. All networks very trigger happy even though the non ratings period is almost here.....

So channel 9 has also now bumped My Mum Your Dad to a later timeslot and taken it off Sundays altogether. All networks very trigger happy even though the non ratings period is almost here.....

What were its numbers? I think both networks just want to avoid (further) humiliation.

Ok never mind, seems like it was just bumped off Sunday and replaced with a Bee Gees doco to counteract the premiere of Masterchef Dessert Masters. All other episodes are still airing at 7:30, just a day later. So instead of the finale being this Tuesday, it will likely be next Monday.

That's because it would go up against Dessert Masters which is premiering on 10 this Sunday.

It's still on Mon, Tues at 7.30 on my epg, also.

Last edited:
This 10 June article from the Daily Mail (yes I know) didn't say much we didn't know except to remind us that this season is the last of Seven's contract. For which we can be thankful.

The upcoming season will fulfil Seven's contract, leaving Big Brother licensing up for grabs again. However, the network doesn't seem optimistic about the future of the show and have already demolished the house where it's filmed.

So according to Lewis profile seems like Uncut will now be released 7:30 pm Thursdays on 7plus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111_211834_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_211834_Instagram.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 20
Too much BB for one day. I'll watch the 8.30 show live and the others at leisure, ad free.
The BB daily show will no longer be on Thursdays, so it's only Uncut that day. 2 hours of daily show BB on Wednesday will be too much though

why are tv networks so quick to can /or burn off poorly rating tv shows?

…total embarrassment maybe?… knowing that THEY finally killed OUR once beloved show perhaps?… they’ve mangled and mutilated a great show to the point that it is now another show altogether… there are no more remnants of the once great show WE first fell in love with… Producers have moulded the shows around THEIR twisted ‘personalities’ and perceptions of what WE want… they don’t give a fig a what WE want… they’re only interested in ‘making their mark’ and ‘leaving their everlasting imprint’ in the show…

…they’re totally out of touch with what audiences WANT due to their over inflated ego’s… then after having had totally fucked up OUR show they then bury the evidence of their crimes to get rid of the evidence by shifting them to later time slots and eventually canning them altogether… they then move onto another show that we love to destroy that too… it will always go on and on the same…

…then of course Sonia adds to the show’s demise by being a wooden mannequin with absolutely no personality whatsoever that has absolutely no thought processes of her own but is just a ventriloquist dummy mouthing the words of the producer… so let’s all thank Sonia too for killing our beloved show… it’s bloody disgusting on what they’ve done to our show and us too… well… that’s my two cents worth anyway….

They advertised the show with the 'You Decide' tagline, so public still decides the winner.

…we DID decide… fuck watching that drivel… so they got their wish after all…

This 10 June article from the Daily Mail (yes I know) didn't say much we didn't know except to remind us that this season is the last of Seven's contract. For which we can be thankful.

The upcoming season will fulfil Seven's contract, leaving Big Brother licensing up for grabs again. However, the network doesn't seem optimistic about the future of the show and have already demolished the house where it's filmed.

…who the fuck will pick it up again?… Channel 10?… nobody will take on the job of trying to resurrect a bastardised flop like it is now… nobody tried to raise the Titanic after it sank did they?…

…as I said in the other post… they’re covering up their crime… cheers.

…who the fuck will pick it up again?… Channel 10?… nobody will take on the job of trying to resurrect a bastardised flop like it is now… nobody tried to raise the Titanic after it sank did they?…

I don't think we expected it to be resurrected after Nine cancelled it, but then Seven eventually picked it up. Never say never.

Back