Skip to main content

BB bumped to 8.30pm from next week

I don't think we expected it to be resurrected after Nine cancelled it, but then Seven eventually picked it up. Never say never.

…haha!… you’re obviously more optimistic than me timmy my friend… either you’re way smarter than me (we’ve established this before now) or… you’ve been standing too close to ‘always look on the bright side of life’ Mr bleachy dude himself lol!… cheers.

…who the fuck will pick it up again?… Channel 10?… nobody will take on the job of trying to resurrect a bastardised flop like it is now… nobody tried to raise the Titanic after it sank did they?…
The nice thing about reviving BB at this point is that there’s actually a very clear roadmap forward. All it’s going to take is a network other than 7 willing to follow it.

The nice thing about reviving BB at this point is that there’s actually a very clear roadmap forward. All it’s going to take is a network other than 7 willing to follow it.

…actually Kingston… you have a good point there… some Channel on pay TV might do it (Netflix/Prime or Stan etc) because we’re running out of options on free to air TV … there’s only the ABC and SBS left… the ABC are too goodey goodey and prissy to touch it, SBS are too smart to touch it… Channel 10 are becoming too ‘family orientated’ nowadays to be brave or riske’ as they used to be so I think that pay TV would be the way to go maybe?… so the people that don’t have pay TV will miss out no doubt unfortunately… but yes… you’re right… there’s definitely a very clear roadmap forward indeed… but someone’s got to be brave enough to take it and try and restore it back to it’s glory days… THAT…I’d love to see…

…I’d love to be able to watch Big Brother and talk about how good it is and spout on about how funny and entertaining the housemates are etc instead of actually taking extreme pleasure in now shitting on every aspect of the show and generally picking shit out of the Big Brother corpse like a Vulture but… it’s SO MUCH FUN to do so now… thanks to Channel 7’s hatred of the show… bastards!… but yes Kingston… a great point… cheers.

I doubt BB will never come back.

They ruined it be having all the so called beautiful people, with personalities of a rock. And having the format it's now.

It will have to go back to what it was, though I thought after Tim (2013) took charge, BB wasn't the same.

Whether you liked Tim or not, he brought fun to the game. (as it should have been)

…actually Kingston… you have a good point there… some Channel on pay TV might do it (Netflix/Prime or Stan etc) because we’re running out of options on free to air TV … there’s only the ABC and SBS left… the ABC are too goodey goodey and prissy to touch it, SBS are too smart to touch it… Channel 10 are becoming too ‘family orientated’ nowadays to be brave or riske’ as they used to be so I think that pay TV would be the way to go maybe?… so the people that don’t have pay TV will miss out no doubt unfortunately… but yes… you’re right… there’s definitely a very clear roadmap forward indeed… but someone’s got to be brave enough to take it and try and restore it back to it’s glory days… THAT…I’d love to see…

…I’d love to be able to watch Big Brother and talk about how good it is and spout on about how funny and entertaining the housemates are etc instead of actually taking extreme pleasure in now shitting on every aspect of the show and generally picking shit out of the Big Brother corpse like a Vulture but… it’s SO MUCH FUN to do so now… thanks to Channel 7’s hatred of the show… bastards!… but yes Kingston… a great point… cheers.
it is sad but you make it so funny.
I wanted to leave a smiley that agrees with you, but I also wanted to leave the laughing smiley but you can't leave two smileys, so here I am explaining all to you, lol

I swear I’m baffled as to the decisions they have made over the years with this show. It isn’t that hard to make a show that everyone would like if they just cast interesting people and stayed with the basic format.

It would be easier to stick with the proven formula than to spend time and energy with their pointless twists.

and stayed with the basic format
Honestly, the show wouldn't be so bad if they had fully adopted the North American format. The main issue with the current format is that it is trying to be both (mainly to make it still feel like Big Brother as Australia knows it) and it just doesn't work. At all.

As it stands, they play a competitive game to get to the final 3 where it then turns into the OG format's popularity contest. Australia never votes for the person who played the best game, they vote for who they like as a person. This then makes every episode except the finale pointless to watch because it ends up being completely irrelevant to the outcome.

Just look at last year, Reggie had absolutely no impact on the game as it unfolded but then still walked away as the winner. Not because of anything she did in the house that time - but purely because of who she is and what people think of her.

It's weird the influencer thing. Is it in part because they think it'll be a small built in audience? Is it because they think this is what people like to look at?

This got me thinking, are they even all that popular? Look up a few random ones.

Gracie Mae has around 1,700 followers. Lewis is similar. No idea what the BB bump is.
Jake as 10,000
Zach 2,800
TeeJay 8,800
Bella 15,000
Let's look at one more. Louis. 186,000 followers. WTF?

I guess if you're good-looking enough, people just pay you to post modelling shots on insta. Does that translate much to viewers though?

I honestly don't understand all that much who'd follow any of these people. I almost entirely just follow people I know. The handful of ones I don't know would be BBAU. Or some nature photographers etc. Definitely, no one just because they are hot. Most of my feed is currently recommended ones of cute animals. I just look at some and wonder why anyone would follow. I can get the fashion ones to an extent. To me, Jake Insta just looks like someone who loves himself posting pics of himself.

I had to go back about 15 posts on my occasionally used Instagram to find a picture of me. All those since then are things like sharks, whales, ship wrecks. Other random interesting shots I've taken. Some short videos.

I follow three hot guys on Insta purely for being hot. One has 121k followers, the other two have 21k & 28k. The're sexy and funny and look good in speedos and as a bonus they aren't flogging anything so it's no big deal. It's not like I follow T*lly or anything.

I follow three hot guys on Insta purely for being hot. One has 121k followers, the other two have 21k & 28k. The're sexy and funny and look good in speedos and as a bonus they aren't flogging anything so it's no big deal. It's not like I follow T*lly or anything.

I just came back to edit my post (if I could) because I was thinking about it more and realised I was too focused on my perspective, how I think about and engage with Instagram. Some part hetero-normative thinking, but mainly I just don't think of Instagram like that. It's not how most of the people I follow tend to engage with it. I just don't think of it really as a platform for that. That's relegated to how I engage with for other places online. Which is me just being dumb.

Interestingly enough, I think I could understand a guy following someone like Jake more than the woman on BB because his is way more just a happy dude living what looks like a pretty active and cool life. Not just artificial in "that world."

Having said that, I do follow Tully BUT that's just left over from when they'd go live after episodes last season.

Honestly, the show wouldn't be so bad if they had fully adopted the North American format. The main issue with the current format is that it is trying to be both (mainly to make it still feel like Big Brother as Australia knows it) and it just doesn't work. At all.

As it stands, they play a competitive game to get to the final 3 where it then turns into the OG format's popularity contest. Australia never votes for the person who played the best game, they vote for who they like as a person. This then makes every episode except the finale pointless to watch because it ends up being completely irrelevant to the outcome.

Just look at last year, Reggie had absolutely no impact on the game as it unfolded but then still walked away as the winner. Not because of anything she did in the house that time - but purely because of who she is and what people think of her.
Honestly Johnson, Alicia and Taras actually played pretty well last year but their decision not to vote out Reggie was just odd and bizarre really and kind of killed this format in Aus for me. If you aren't willing to take out the one player that no one else can possibly beat in the public vote, what are you doing even playing?

Honestly Johnson, Alicia and Taras actually played pretty well last year but their decision not to vote out Reggie was just odd and bizarre really and kind of killed this format in Aus for me. If you aren't willing to take out the one player that no one else can possibly beat in the public vote, what are you doing even playing?
They knew how beloved Reggie was by the public. Anyone that took her out had no chance of winning because they took out the public's winner and so people would have been determined to see them lose. None of them were willing to bite the bullet to give the other two a chance.

They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

It's weird the influencer thing. Is it in part because they think it'll be a small built in audience? Is it because they think this is what people like to look at?

This got me thinking, are they even all that popular? Look up a few random ones.

Gracie Mae has around 1,700 followers. Lewis is similar. No idea what the BB bump is.
Jake as 10,000
Zach 2,800
TeeJay 8,800
Bella 15,000
Let's look at one more. Louis. 186,000 followers. WTF?

I guess if you're good-looking enough, people just pay you to post modelling shots on insta. Does that translate much to viewers though?

I honestly don't understand all that much who'd follow any of these people. I almost entirely just follow people I know. The handful of ones I don't know would be BBAU. Or some nature photographers etc. Definitely, no one just because they are hot. Most of my feed is currently recommended ones of cute animals. I just look at some and wonder why anyone would follow. I can get the fashion ones to an extent. To me, Jake Insta just looks like someone who loves himself posting pics of himself.

I had to go back about 15 posts on my occasionally used Instagram to find a picture of me. All those since then are things like sharks, whales, ship wrecks. Other random interesting shots I've taken. Some short videos.
I honestly don't understand this trend of casting people who have a few thousand insta followers over a normie who has 100 or whatever. Like if you cast entertaining people, they will get more followers and become more popular anyway?

Now Lewis with 186000, that's more understandable. That's a bunch of people who might actually tune in. But Zach with 2.8k? I could find you 10 people more interesting than him walking down the street any day of the week lol.

They knew how beloved Reggie was by the public. Anyone that took her out had no chance of winning because they took out the public's winner and so people would have been determined to see them lose. None of them were willing to bite the bullet to give the other two a chance.

They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.
Well yes but they could have played around that by all agreeing at 4 to take her out. Sure of course it backfires sometimes but it's always better than a zero per cent to win for me

Back