Skip to main content

BB bumped to 8.30pm from next week

CH 7 should have never tried to pit old players against new players when public are voting - It would not have mattered which old school player was at the end they were still more well known than what you got to know of the newer players.

I feel like the decline of BBAU is down to:
  • Television producers increasingly out of touch with young people (possibly because the industry is so small here, not much new blood is getting in?)
  • The rivalry between 7 and 9 has circled the drain so much, no one is prepared to take a chance on anything with a modest budget or new ideas. Instead they recycle formats and hosts ad nauseam. Why would they think Gen Z is in any way interested in Sonia Kruger, who is a literal baby boomer?
  • The BBAU brand has possibly been tainted so much that they are only getting hot duds applying to be on the show.

I honestly don't understand this trend of casting people who have a few thousand insta followers over a normie who has 100 or whatever. Like if you cast entertaining people, they will get more followers and become more popular anyway?

Now Lewis with 186000, that's more understandable. That's a bunch of people who might actually tune in. But Zach with 2.8k? I could find you 10 people more interesting than him walking down the street any day of the week lol.
I think it's less to do with how many followers (even "normal" folk are likely to have some social media presence) and more to do with what they post - which in the case of these producers it's the pictures of them showing they're comfortable flashing the flesh which got them interested.

Although this series is cast very one dimensionally for me that is on the producers rather than the cast - they're only focusing on one side of their personality rather than showing us whether they actually have a personality. Individually they probably have the characteristics that makes them a decent HM beyond just their looks, but collectively they all look the same and share one personality according to the edit.

I feel like the decline of BBAU is down to:
  • Television producers increasingly out of touch with young people (possibly because the industry is so small here, not much new blood is getting in?)
  • The rivalry between 7 and 9 has circled the drain so much, no one is prepared to take a chance on anything with a modest budget or new ideas. Instead they recycle formats and hosts ad nauseam. Why would they think Gen Z is in any way interested in Sonia Kruger, who is a literal baby boomer?
  • The BBAU brand has possibly been tainted so much that they are only getting hot duds applying to be on the show.

They specifically went out of their way to cast 'sexy singles' for this season, so I don't think that's it. There are enough normal people willing to go on BB if you look hard enough.

It's also like Brekkie said above by the producers choosing to focus on looks above all else in the edit, we are probably not seeing their true personalities shine through.

They also clearly have instructed them to go into the house and act like Drew. Immediately start coupling up. Imagine if that is why we got this? They thought, "what it everyone was Drew?"

Considering my one thought I came out of last season with was Drew is a twat that was not the best inspiration for them. He obviously cannot handle being anywhere for any length of time without someone paying attention to him.

I feel the biggest reason Big Brother has failed miserably is due to the show feeling completely contrived & scripted, lack of diversity, lack of real personalities and the public not being able to connect with the housemates (aka contestants).

I feel the biggest reason Big Brother has failed miserably is due to the show feeling completely contrived & scripted, lack of diversity, lack of real personalities and the public not being able to connect with the housemates (aka contestants).

I feel represented.

Although this is literally me.
literallyme.jpg

So tonight are we getting a standard episode and then an eviction episode? I’m confused…
The 2nd episode tonight is the one that would have aired tomorrow. 7 is no longer showing BB on Thursdays apart from BB Uncut on 7plus at 7:30

The 2nd episode tonight is the one that would have aired tomorrow. 7 is no longer showing BB on Thursdays apart from BB Uncut on 7plus at 7:30
Yeah I get that. But my question was more around the content. They really only advertised the double eviction…

So the advertised double eviction will be one of the 3 nominated who weren't saved, with another eviction featuring different nominees later?
I expect they'll get rid of Bella first, on a last in first out basis.

It is a charisma-free zone. The cast on the current season of Love Island have more charisma, which is a low bar, but still.

So the advertised double eviction will be one of the 3 nominated who weren't saved, with another eviction featuring different nominees later?
I expect they'll get rid of Bella first, on a last in first out basis.
Basically yes. Luke will go first as he was nominated by every single HM so it's hardly a cliffhanger, and the house seems to want a guy out after the eviction of three women.

It is a charisma-free zone. The cast on the current season of Love Island have more charisma, which is a low bar, but still.
Love Island* has more banter and vibin', with additional fanny flutters.

*not that I watch that trash. Well not this season

Back