Skip to main content

Channel 7 upfronts live chat

I'm hoping for some massive separate reveal that BB is coming back in all it's former glory. At this stage, not so much because it would be the best fucking thing to happen to Australian TV this decade... but more so someone could rub it in the face of these self-important Black Box wanks

Control. Evict. Win. Something about evicting friends. That was was in the video linked to that weird 7 article. BBUS format confirmed!

New article, not a whole lot of new information if you've been following this thread:

OK, it's about the dumbest move in television to pre-record it, but what makes even less sense is if you're selling it on the gameplay route, you don't go and schedule it at the same time of year as Survivor, which just gets stronger and stronger for Ten and frankly head to head even as a massive fan of the US/Canadian format, there is no way it beats Survivor. The only thing it would have going for it is it is unfolding live as it airs, but Seven are stripping that from it too.

Not really - TV Tonight reported the information first and then didn't spend the next month gloating about an "exclusive" which wasn't even theres.

Yep, this guy seems to be addicted to bragging and claiming exclusives. Wanker alert.

2A330169-54BE-48D2-B4BB-E65F6E1F8345.jpeg21BE5477-A41A-435C-83AA-DB0E2D842818.jpeg6C990855-8AAE-432C-90BB-FF1C71666E17.jpeg

I honestly think the pre-recorded warehouse version with people voting each other out sounds like an AWESOME reality show. Survivor but in a house. Only problem is that it's not Big Brother... It'd be really low of Seven to basically make a brand new show but put it under the Big Brother name for brand recognition, since more people would tune in to Big Brother than a brand new reality show they've never heard of.

I like the idea of a strategy based BB with housemates voting, but only if it airs live-ish like Love Island at least, and only if there's still audience participation in some way.

I honestly think the pre-recorded warehouse version with people voting each other out sounds like an AWESOME reality show. Survivor but in a house. Only problem is that it's not Big Brother... It'd be really low of Seven to basically make a brand new show but put it under the Big Brother name for brand recognition, since more people would tune in to Big Brother than a brand new reality show they've never heard of.

I like the idea of a strategy based BB with housemates voting, but only if it airs live-ish like Love Island at least, and only if there's still audience participation in some way.

Wrong. It is Big Brother.... Most like the USA version.

I just can't imagine it would be very healthy to lock people away inside a building without any outside for 90 odd days, so I assumed they would make some kid of yard somehow. If it was a warehouse, take a bit of the roof off or something. I haven't watched any of the overseas ones so maybe they do just lock them in all that time, but cannot imagine that working too well in Australia.

I'm also curious about this. For those that watch the overseas version - are they locked inside the entire time?

Back