Skip to main content

Channel 7 upfronts live chat

So the show is going to be “Survivor in a warehouse” and probably pre-recorded months before it airs.

Housemates will be evicting each other. No public vote. All of the show will be based around strategy and strategy talk.

Probably won’t have a host because they won’t need one since it will be pre-recorded. Just a narrator. No eviction interviews.

Winner will be leaked on betting websites as soon as the show begins.

Sounds incredibly boring. I’m out before it begins. 😫
We still don’t know all this... will need more info. Upfronts was very vague

Hmmm. I get why they are doing this.

The only thing I don’t get is why can’t they just film in after the Olympics live. Then audience can have some influence like in Big Brother Canada.

I just don’t see the point of filming it in feb for it to play out nothing like Big Brother months afterwards.

I saw the whole video of the announcement. Was pretty vague but called it big brother revolution and said they want to use digital and reach people on devices and over 30,000 people have applied already

Sorry but I can't find anything that definitively says that Big Brother is broadcast after the Olympics.

TV Tonight also made a poorly worded tweet about it being housemates voting each other, but it seems like a prediction rather than what was being announced at the event.

Sorry but I can't find anything that definitively says that Big Brother is broadcast after the Olympics.

TV Tonight also made a poorly worded tweet about it being housemates voting each other, but it seems like a prediction rather than what was being announced at the event.
It's not definitive, but you would imagine the top two bars, the 7:30 and 8:30 slots are in the order they will be screened

The only reason I can see that they would want to film it earlier is because the location is in Melbourne and they want to be able to film when the weather is warm enough for people to go outside and swim etc? but that is a rather sad reason to film it ahead of time. besides it sounds like it is more likely going to be in Sydney.

If we're going L-R on the upfronts sheet, it would mean Farmer Wants a Wife would be going up against MAFS, Farmer hasn't even begun casting yet and MAFS is filming right now, idk how that's going to work out.

The only reason I can see that they would want to film it earlier is because the location is in Melbourne and they want to be able to film when the weather is warm enough for people to go outside and swim etc? but that is a rather sad reason to film it ahead of time. besides it sounds like it is more likely going to be in Sydney.

Outside to swim inside a studio?? I imagine there will be no outside area.

If Big Brother does indeed start right after the Tokyo Olympics won’t they be in direct competition with the second season of Australian Survivor next year on 10?

If Big Brother is going to go up against Survivor with the similar format won’t Survivor win? Survivor has been building for years and with the mess 7 was in this year it doesn’t look likely to succeed.

Big Brother Revolution, a cross between Big Brother and Dance Dance Revolution - more housemates dancing just as everyone requested.

It will be a pretty sad revival if it is prerecorded. Let us hope they have the sense not to do that.

Back