Skip to main content

<<< AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TIPPING COMP 2018 >>>

Oh yeah true! Mistaken identity! One year the tipping Comp was done by the blue guy right? 😬
No. But i does shit me just a teensy bit that I'm actually trying and failing so badly compared to randomly drawn tips.

When I first moved to Sydney I took part in footy (NRL, well, Superleague at that stage I think) tipping comp at work. I never followed it but I had a vague idea which teams were better (dog knows how). Anyway the money mysteriously got "stolen" from the desk of the guy running it, and the manager very kindly stumped it up. Then that guy left the company and nobody thought to ask to take over the game, and he left the company taking the money with him! (Probably stealing it for the second time) And I was winning!!! :(

I personally love it Hans is kicking arse......
if I get shitty with my shitty picks......it is comforting,
it is mostly chance with an occasional little bit smarter stabs.

it is mostly chance with an occasional little bit smarter stabs.
There are occasional clues, like a confessional where Fenella was wearing a black buff way before the merge, and similarly a scene where Benji's eye injury was rather more healed than it should have been at that point. So it was easy to tell that neither of them was going anywhere for a couple of weeks. Conversely, Russell's absence from social media for only one month signalled he didn't last more than maybe three weeks (although no clue as to how short his stay would be though). Promos sometimes give away a bit - but sometimes they deliberately misdirect. If you focus on the machinations of their alliances, voting history (and dare I say it actually search for spoilers online) these things could theoretically help your game. Or you can just go with your gut. My gut has no idea though.

OK here is the leaderboard.

Congrats to @sav0001 on scoring top this week with 38 points and jumping to third place.

Commiserations to seven players for tanking completely and sharing the Barry award.

And likewise to @Affable @GrantGotGold @sav0001 and @delcan for losing their sweeps.

Samuel ruined tonight's ep for most of us, it must be said.

I think the discombobulator is all fixed so please let me know if anything looks wrong.

tips.jpg

I suck at this :D My votes were swayed by my certainty that Steve was wearing an immunity necklace in the promos, so I tipped him both nights - and it turned out to be the cord of his hoodie! UGH.
He was wearing a hidden immunity idol in one of the promo shots, which I stupidly thought was the immunity idol even though they look nothing alike and tipped him for immunity both nights too, so don't feel so bad.

...okay... this is a list of who I like to the ones that I loathe in the EXACT order that I rank them for me... (some of them are really rank when you think of it)... from my best to worse... here goes...

(1)... Shane:... a true 'champion' (of the past)... seems oblivious to what's going on her around to the others in camp but is a cunning old biddy that does know when people are targeting her... so far she has dodged the 'ageism' that normally happens up until this point... I hope that she wins it...

(2)... Shonee:... seems a bit shy to me and is quite cute most times... she seems pretty clueless when it comes to tactics and needs to make some stronger alliances with people that count for her own survival as far as I'm concerned... doesn't have a nasty bone in her body...

(3)... Fenella:... a bit of a mystery to me but as above... she seems pretty clueless with tactics too... again... not a single nasty bone in her body either... I think that she'll be one of the next easy targets to go to be honest... I don't mind her at all...

(4)... Monika:... she's quite clued up at times and is quite good at times in some challenges but I think that she is an easy target too so it's a bit of a toss up on who goes first between her and Fenella methinks!... I don't dislike her... I just don't particularly like her much that's all...

(5)... Sharn:... I don't like her much at all... she's way to 'palsy' with Mat for me... she seems very ruthless at times to me too... of all the females I really would like to see her go first...

(6)... Steve:... when it comes to anything physically challenging he's like a flaccid penis... he doesn't do what he always used to tell the people in 'The Biggest Loser' what to do... he just cannot be bothered... it actually shocks me that he is so useless in all areas of this competition... he's such a big disappointment to me... I never liked him before this show and like him even less now...

(7)... Brian:... what a boring lump of Camel shit this guy is... (and smells like it too apparently)... if I was on the Island I would probaly swim into the Ocean until I drowned because of the total boredom of having to be anywhere near him... he needs to go... sooner than later...

(8)... Mat:... I cannot stand this twonk as all of you may know and for what reason too I imagine... the way he is behaving in this just shows his smug and arrogant manner to me... it just confirms what I thought about him before his appearance on this show... with them promoting him as the 'Godfather' on the Island shows that he believes that he really is to me... he looks like he's aged about another 10 years with his time on the Island... I cannot stand the mongrel...

(9)... Benji:... this total fugwit is the most vile and disgusting little turd that I've ever seen on this show... to say that I loathe and detest this slimy little shit is an understatement of humongous proportions... the way that he dribbled his food into those Nachos and and handled all of the food with those hands after having them in his mouth made me want to vomit chunks... what a truly disgusting pig of a man... I so hope that they are all smart enough to get rid of this horrid wretch... as you've most likely figured out... I don't like him...

...well there you go folks... that's what I think anyway... cheers.

You're very generous Mr Sticky. The only one I rate at all is your #1.
The rest I find very unpleasant in one way or another, though Sharn only for her ruthlessness, she is a fierce competitor.
I disagree strongly with your assessment of Shonee and Fenella "not having a nasty bone in their body(ies)".
IMO you are being won over by their youth and apparent bubbly personalities. I don't see them as endearing at all, with Shonee in particular exhibiting schadenfreude and coming across as quite taciturn and dismissive of others.

For me Shonee/Fenella/Monika/Brian/Steve are all equally useless disappointments. The others have at least made an effort. Shonee in particular is just a ditz who most likely has an eye on a social media future. Can't stand Benji. So that only leaves Mat, Sharn and Shane, so if one of them wins I can live with that.

For me Shonee/Fenella/Monika/Brian/Steve are all equally useless disappointments. The others have at least made an effort. Shonee in particular is just a ditz who most likely has an eye on a social media future. Can't stand Benji. So that only leaves Mat, Sharn and Shane, so if one of them wins I can live with that.

Yes. As distasteful as I find Mat, in the absence of anyone nice to root for, he probably deserves to make it to the end based on gameplay and determination. A top three of those you named would be much more palatable than any of the other goats.

Monika is the best!!

You're very generous Mr Sticky. The only one I rate at all is your #1.
The rest I find very unpleasant in one way or another, though Sharn only for her ruthlessness, she is a fierce competitor.
I disagree strongly with your assessment of Shonee and Fenella "not having a nasty bone in their body(ies)".
IMO you are being won over by their youth and apparent bubbly personalities. I don't see them as endearing at all, with Shonee in particular exhibiting schadenfreude and coming across as quite taciturn and dismissive of others.

...to be honest Meglos I think that you're completely right about me being won over by their "youth and apparent bubbly personalities"... I think that it's because I'm looking for something that will take me away from the drearyness and sulleness that all of these people are bringing to the show this year... Matt and Benji and Brian in particular... Steve is just behind them... so yes perhaps their outward attitudes are the glistening sparks that I am looking for now that Sam is gone... I relied on him to brighten my day until he overthunk everything and went into a downward spiral of Paranoia... so yes... I think that you hit the nail on the head my friend... cheers.

...to be honest Meglos I think that you're completely right about me being won over by their "youth and apparent bubbly personalities"... I think that it's because I'm looking for something that will take me away from the drearyness and sulleness that all of these people are bringing to the show this year... Matt and Benji and Brian in particular... Steve is just behind them... so yes perhaps their outward attitudes are the glistening sparks that I am looking for now that Sam is gone... I relied on him to brighten my day until he overthunk everything and went into a downward spiral of Paranoia... so yes... I think that you hit the nail on the head my friend... cheers.

And that's quite ok. You're a nice person and family man so you probably look at it as if it were your granddaughter or someone playing, you like to see the best in them.
I'm a bit more cynical and I'm not buying what they are selling.

OK here we go again, same ol' same ol'

Overall Winner:
Individual Reward Winner*:
Individual Immunity Mon:
Voted Out Mon:
Individual Immunity Tue:

Voted Out Tue:

*bearing in mind the Individual Immunity challenge will probably be in Tuesday's 90 minute episode

Squillions of points up on offer again. Gotta be in to win etc. PM me by 3pm AEST Monday.

And that's quite ok. You're a nice person and family man so you probably look at it as if it were your granddaughter or someone playing, you like to see the best in them.
I'm a bit more cynical and I'm not buying what they are selling.

...haha!... you're reading me quite well my friend... I am a very family orientated man indeed and always look for the best in them lol!... you may be right yet again about liking them and wanting to see them in the light that I do... even though I can be a cranky old fart and am **cough cough** obviously tough and macho on the outside I'm probably a soft fluffy Kitten on the inside at times lol!... but let that be our little secret eh?... lol!... cheers.

I'm with you on Mat, Sharn and Shane. Biddy, Mr S? She's 61. Not a particularly nice way of describing Shane. For the record, she's less than a decade and closer to five years older than at least two of us females on here.

I'm with you on Mat, Sharn and Shane. Biddy, Mr S? She's 61. Not a particularly nice way of describing Shane. For the record, she's less than a decade and closer to five years older than at least two of us females on here.

...haha!... it wasn't meant as a term to insult Shane sweet Fiona... in our family my sweet darling wife has always been called 'an old biddy' by our sons since she was in her 40's so it's just a term of endearment with them calling her that in the last 30 years or so... I just referred to Shane as an 'old biddy' in the same way of endearment not even thinking that people may get niggled by it... I guess that your kids do rub off on you at times eh?... lol!...

...translating an 'in joke' into the post was probably remiss of me because obviously nobody else would be getting it... it didn't really occur to me that it would be taken that way but I do see your point sweet lady... **slaps myself on the wrist**... I'll make a note not to put 'in jokes' into my future posts without thinking about it or thinking it out first next time... lol!... sorry if I offended anyone... Shane's been my favourite almost all of the way through this season and I hope that she wins it... actually... anyone but Mat or Benji would be great but Shane will make my day if she does that's for sure... cheers.

Back