Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

What is the Australian bar like?
A bit 'meh'. Just a bar. With not very good Australian themed food really in my opinion, and with a big screen showing slides of Australian landmarks etc. I think some get projectedonto the ceiling also.

A bit 'meh'. Just a bar. With not very good Australian themed food really in my opinion, and with a big screen showing slides of Australian landmarks etc. I think some get projectedonto the ceiling also.

That is most unfortunate.

for some reason i keep on thinking this is a friday. not that it matters much. all the days seem to blur into one big nothing. just an endless cycle of this and that.

No I did not. My attenion span is far too short.

What did you think of it?
Well it was Trump - his attention span is practically non-existent so I think you would probably have been fine.

I thought it was ridiculous. I was texting with a couple of friends, one in Australia, one here. It's hard to believe what comes out of that man's mouth. I think my favourite part when he suddenly said appropos of nothing that his ten year old son was really good wih computers.
Have you been reading about him lately? He speaks utter garbage.

Well it was Trump - his attention span is practically non-existent so I think you would probably have been fine.

I thought it was ridiculous. I was texting with a couple of friends, one in Australia, one here. It's hard to believe what comes out of that man's mouth. I think my favourite part when he suddenly said appropos of nothing that his ten year old son was really good wih computers.
Have you been reading about him lately? He speaks utter garbage.

I have been reading a bit about him. Seems he is trying to outdo himself in awfulness. I am more worried about his supporters though.

A friend of yours?
No. I don't know whether anyone I would be friends with would be a trump supporter. I don't think those things could go together. The ex boyfriend of my housemate. He's nice enough in a superficial kind of way when you first meet him but he seems a bit insecure and naive. He seems to actually believe what trump says.

No. I don't know whether anyone I would be friends with would be a trump supporter. I don't think those things could go together. The ex boyfriend of my housemate. He's nice enough in a superficial kind of way when you first meet him but he seems a bit insecure and naive. He seems to actually believe what trump says.

That is scary. The believing about what Trump says.

I don't think I could be friends with someone with such different political beliefs either. I am not that desperate for friends. Though I guess friends are important.

That is scary. The believing about what Trump says.

I don't think I could be friends with someone with such different political beliefs either. I am not that desperate for friends. Though I guess friends are important.
Well I don't know that I am desperate for friends. I like friends. I have a few here but I could do with a few more actually. Most of them are in Australia. But even if I was desperate for friends I couldn't actually make a real proper friendship with someone who supported trump I don't think. That would kind of contradict my concept of friendship. I could talk to them. But not actually be FRIENDS with them!

Well I don't know that I am desperate for friends. I like friends. I have a few here but I could do with a few more actually. Most of them are in Australia. But even if I was desperate for friends I couldn't actually make a real proper friendship with someone who supported trump I don't think. That would kind of contradict my concept of friendship. I could talk to them. But not actually be FRIENDS with them!

That is very wise of you. I personally don't think I could handle too many real life friends. Internet friends I could probably handle dozens. But real life friends? Maybe one I guess.

What is your concept of friendship?

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...m-louise-delage-profile-highlights-alcoholism

i wonder how effective that is going to be? i just thought i post it because it kind of reminded me of all the instagram posts we see in the hm thread. plus it had an intersting twist.
Interesting. I think it's worth a shot because I think addiction IS difficult to identify even in people you are close to until/unless it gets really quite bad. And the onset is not that obvious I think.

That is very wise of you. I personally don't think I could handle too many real life friends. Internet friends I could probably handle dozens. But real life friends? Maybe one I guess.

What is your concept of friendship?
Well... It's probably pretty simple! I think mainly you like each other...!

You find each other interesting and fun to be with. You share interests and things about your life. You bring out the best in each other - hopefully - or at the least the relationship allows you to relax and be yourself without pretence but there is also something dynamic/creative that keeps things fresh and interesting. And developing/evolving (at a pace you are both good with). And there is an acceptance and absnce of unnecessary judgement. Not that you will always agree on everything. But you are 'bigger' than the random differences of opinion you have.

Interesting. I think it's worth a shot because I think addiction IS difficult to identify even in people you are close to until/unless it gets really quite bad. And the onset is not that obvious I think.

That is true. Do you think there is such a thing as an addictive personality?

Well... It's probably pretty simple! I think mainly you like each other...!

You find each other interesting and fun to be with. You share interests and things about your life. You bring out the best in each other - hopefully - or at the least the relationship allows you to relax and be yourself without pretence but there is also something dynamic/creative that keeps things fresh and interesting. And developing/evolving (at a pace you are both good with). And there is an acceptance and absnce of unnecessary judgement. Not that you will always agree on everything. But you are 'bigger' than the random differences of opinion you have.

That kind of is what that was like with Brisbane lady.

Back