Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

Angelina should write a Dear Channel Nine letter...and thank them for their condolences then.

but it does raise issues of how we view celebrities in this age of instant media. i mean i am only just a reepbot doing my reepboot thing but even i sometimes stop and think under the moonlight about how weird it must be to be a celebrity. always in the paper or the magazine or on the old time radio with cameras in your face every day. and i am sure some famous people might not mind being followed everywhere with all the attention. i mean you see like wannabe celebs like tully or skye would kill to have the same level of attention that someone like brad and angelina have, and by kill i don't mean metaphorically. anyway being a high famous celeb where everyone knows your every single move out in public must be tough to deal with. i mean sure you have like million dollar pools filled with honey, a house that can fly nd 24 hour robot butler serviice but what good is that is if you are always being harrassed by creeps stalking you with their cameras and mobile phones always saying "oh please miss i loved you in that movie" or "oh no fair mister i want you to stop eating dinner with your family and take a photo of me right now!". i mean to deal with that kind of stuff year after year, month after month, week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second and moment after moment would be horrifying. no amount of money or successs could make up for that, just the thought of it is so awful. it makes me feel sick young bluefin, very sick indeedy doo. and having watched snowden i am now very vifgilant about privacy or at least trying to better myself about that stuff. but i suppose it is too late for someone like me. anyway back to brad and angelina and their celebritiness. yeah i believe that sometimes we can go, and by we i mean society, too far in what we expect from celebrities. the burdens we place on them is far greater than what any materialierism can throw at them. all the money or the fancy golden cars are nothing simply nothing if you have to deal with every move you make being scrutinised by an hungry and shameful people who want to just monopolise your time over and over again and feel like they own you forever and there is nothing you can do about it and you just feel so trapped.

but it does raise issues of how we view celebrities in this age of instant media. i mean i am only just a reepbot doing my reepboot thing but even i sometimes stop and think under the moonlight about how weird it must be to be a celebrity. always in the paper or the magazine or on the old time radio with cameras in your face every day. and i am sure some famous people might not mind being followed everywhere with all the attention. i mean you see like wannabe celebs like tully or skye would kill to have the same level of attention that someone like brad and angelina have, and by kill i don't mean metaphorically. anyway being a high famous celeb where everyone knows your every single move out in public must be tough to deal with. i mean sure you have like million dollar pools filled with honey, a house that can fly nd 24 hour robot butler serviice but what good is that is if you are always being harrassed by creeps stalking you with their cameras and mobile phones always saying "oh please miss i loved you in that movie" or "oh no fair mister i want you to stop eating dinner with your family and take a photo of me right now!". i mean to deal with that kind of stuff year after year, month after month, week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second and moment after moment would be horrifying. no amount of money or successs could make up for that, just the thought of it is so awful. it makes me feel sick young bluefin, very sick indeedy doo. and having watched snowden i am now very vifgilant about privacy or at least trying to better myself about that stuff. but i suppose it is too late for someone like me. anyway back to brad and angelina and their celebritiness. yeah i believe that sometimes we can go, and by we i mean society, too far in what we expect from celebrities. the burdens we place on them is far greater than what any materialierism can throw at them. all the money or the fancy golden cars are nothing simply nothing if you have to deal with every move you make being scrutinised by an hungry and shameful people who want to just monopolise your time over and over again and feel like they own you forever and there is nothing you can do about it and you just feel so trapped.
Reepbot's up to something....

does anyone have some recommendations for good or interesting reality tv shows beyond the obvious?

holy moly daylight savings has started. i'll have to keep that in mind if i ever go over to Tweed heads.

Queen's birthday today for us Queenslanders. The queen gets too many birthdays for my liking. She must be sick of all the cake she eats.

"Keys to the VIP"

Junk food TV - Entertaining and extremely cringe worthy.

Thank you for that. I just looked it up. Seems very sleazy lol.

I also saw snippets of some other show on Googlebox called 'Find my First Love'. About people trying to meet up with their first love. So this tv show tries to track them down.

Back