Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

That is true. Do you think there is such a thing as an addictive personality?
Hm. Interesting question. I guess yes to an extent. I think your genetics have an influence, your early experiences have an influence. But possibly just as importantly your later Xperience also have an influence. And even if you have managed not to have an addictive personality due to lucky genetics and early experiences, if you nevertheless then start chemically lighting up the pleasure centre of your brain in later life I think you can adjust the brain chemistry and develop an addictive personality later on. I guess the same sort of endorphin rush can happen with repeated gambling or shopping or sex or chocolate or whatever too.

(I think we are pretty much all 'addicted' or semi-addicted to various things to a certain extent. Try deliberately abstaining from coffee, or the Internet or even your regular tv show or hot shower or something. It's unsettling!! I guess most of our addictions don't devastate though).

Hm. Interesting question. I guess yes to an extent. I think your genetics have an influence, your early experiences have an influence. But possibly just as importantly your later Xperience also have an influence. And even if you have managed not to have an addictive personality due to lucky genetics and early experiences, if you nevertheless then start chemically lighting up the pleasure centre of your brain in later life I think you can adjust the brain chemistry and develop an addictive personality later on. I guess the same sort of endorphin rush can happen with repeated gambling or shopping or sex or chocolate or whatever too.

(I think we are pretty much all 'addicted' or semi-addicted to various things to a certain extent. Try deliberately abstaining from coffee, or the Internet or even your regular tv show or hot shower or something. It's unsettling!! I guess most of our addictions don't devastate though).

That is true. There are more serious addictions with a greater framework of consequentiality. Alcholism, like that article posted for one.

I think I would prefer a mystery trend. I wish I was smart enough to write a mystery. That would be cool.

Like a murder happens in Toastmasters! And i try to solve it!

I can be a detective. I think I would be good at that.

and that is having a huge dig at me. You have no understanding of my circumstances and to chuck that at me, is like a kick in the gut. I am lucky to have a roof over my head atm. No fricken spondooleys here! AND UNLIKE YOU - I don't have a mummys tit or the government to leech off. So FUCK off with your smart arse comments towards me now and in the future. I tried to understand you and sent positive vibes etc, but I can see now what others did - you are just a horrible and vindictive piece of work, that maybe WB groomed you to be!

AND, NO IT IS NOT OBVIOUS that YOU would outsmart Tim!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just trying to have some fun here. So please don't misinterpret my words.

Also WB never groomed me.

And of course I would outsmart Tim.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just trying to have some fun here. So please don't misinterpret my words.

Also WB never groomed me.

And of course I would outsmart Tim.
Goodness! What is going on here?! Calm down ? Is that possible? I don't know where this was but I missed it if it was in this thread. I'm a bit random at the moment about my logging in.... Gonna have to track it down. But this is supposed to be the Be Nice version of Off Topic thread....?? (Hopefully).

Goodness! What is going on here?! Calm down ? Is that possible? I don't know where this was but I missed it if it was in this thread. I'm a bit random at the moment about my logging in.... Gonna have to track it down. But this is supposed to be the Be Nice version of Off Topic thread....?? (Hopefully).

Mooseface. I had the funniest thought the other day pop in my head about you. Your style of writing reminds me of a character out of an Agatha Christie novel.

We need to recruit more members for this forum! It has been getting far too incestuous here lately.

And the only one that can make this work is me.

Back