Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

So Gogglebox starts on the Lifestyle channel tonight at 9.30 ahead of 10 tomorrow. Bit strange?

So Gogglebox starts on the Lifestyle channel tonight at 9.30 ahead of 10 tomorrow. Bit strange?

No it's always been that way, but I agree it is strange. It's a collaboration between the two networks and it airs on foxtel first as if it aired on 10 then no one would need to watch it on lifestyle. A bit weird and needlessly confusing IMO.

Did anyone here watch "Heroes Reborn" last night? I watched the first hour and then switched off as I was bored to tears with it.

Thank goodness "Scream Queens" was on at 9.30pm. Not as funny as last weeks episode but still had its good moments.

Jamie Lee Curtis as Dean Munsch (or Munch Box as Chanel calls her) is bloody brilliant in her role. Very much a Sue Sylvester type character for any old Glee fans here.

Really disappointed about Heroes Reborn as I was a huge fan of the original series.

Last edited:
And so the Big Bang Theory War begins. 7 are running 1.5 hours of BBT prior to 9's BBT new episode tonight.

Might be leftover hostility over The Hot Plate.

I'm watching Tom Hiddleston being utterly charming, what a gorgeous man -via Graham Norton

WWWHHHYYY!!!!!! Please tell me Scott Cam doesn't have a son

He did all this on his own and on merit': Eddie McGuire's son Xander, 12, follows in his father's TV footsteps and lands a debut role on Neighbours
By Chloe-lee Longhetti For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:46 EST, 14 October 2015 | Updated: 17:32 EST, 14 October 2015

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...eps-lands-debut-role-Neighbours.html#comments
    Eddie McGuire is no doubt one of the most recognised faces on Australian television.

And now the 50-year-old's son, Xander, 12, is also heading onto screens, with a debut guest role on the long-running soap, Neighbours.

According to the Herald Sun, Eddie couldn't be happier, telling the publication he took Xander to the screen test but didn't have any further input.

Scroll down for video

2D6315D900000578-3271347-image-a-13_1444778702860.jpg

+6
    Taking after his father! Eddie McGuire's son Xander, 12, has scored a debut guest role on the long-running soap Neighbours

'I’m not going to be a stage dad. He did all this on his own and on merit,' he explained.

Eddie revealed his son took a liking to acting after performing in a school musical, and the pair thought they'd try the screen test for the 'experience.'

Interestingly enough, Eddie first kicked off his career at Channel Ten and said after taking Xander to the screen test, remembered when he went to the studio for his first interview all those years ago.

Xander will play Charlie Hoyland in the show, who is the son of Carla Bonner's character Steph Scully.

2D631E3E00000578-3271347-image-m-17_1444778891845.jpg

+6
    Proud dad: According to the Herald Sun, Eddie couldn't be happier, telling the publication he took Xander to the screen test but didn't have any further input

2D63183800000578-3271347-image-m-19_1444779239620.jpg

+6
    Castmate: Xander will play Charlie Hoyland on the show, who is the son of Carla Bonner's (pictured) character Steph Scully

The youngster told the newspaper just how much he's looking forward to it, saying: 'Now that I have a small role, I feel very lucky to be part of an amazing team.'

Eddie has hosted several shows throughout his long career, including the current Millionaire Hot Seat on Channel Nine.

He has also appeared on the radio, including a gig on Triple M's The Hot Breakfast in Melbourne.

The businessman and author has two children, Xander, whose real name is Alexander, and son Joseph, with wife Carla.

2D62F7EE00000578-3271347-image-a-15_1444778744121.jpg

+6
    Family: The businessman and author has two children, Xander, whose real name is Alexander, and son Joseph, with wife Carla

Eddie also insisted that Xander will need to focus on schooling and sporting activities amid his acting debut.

His youngest son will start filming this week for scenes to be aired early next year.

He will join the likes of Holly Candy's sister Olympia Valance on the show, as well as Ryan Moloney, who plays long-running character Jarrod 'Toadfish' Rebecch.

Some of Australia's finest actors first started their careers on Neighbours, including Russell Crowe and Chris and Liam Hemsworth.

Singers Delta Goodrem and Kylie Minogue also starred on the soap.

2D62F7F600000578-3271347-image-a-16_1444778752551.jpg

+6
    Juggling it all: Eddie said Xander will also need to focus on his schooling and sporting activities amid his acting debut

2D21131900000578-3271347-image-a-21_1444779293520.jpg

+6
    Colleagues: Xander will join the likes of Holly Candy's sister Olympia Valance on the show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ands-debut-role-Neighbours.html#ixzz3oWacU6WK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WWWHHHYYY!!!!!! Please tell me Scott Cam doesn't have a son

He did all this on his own and on merit': Eddie McGuire's son Xander, 12, follows in his father's TV footsteps and lands a debut role on Neighbours
By Chloe-lee Longhetti For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:46 EST, 14 October 2015 | Updated: 17:32 EST, 14 October 2015

• Eddie McGuire is no doubt one of the most recognised faces on Australian television.

And now the 50-year-old's son, Xander, 12, is also heading onto screens, with a debut guest role on the long-running soap, Neighbours.

According to the Herald Sun, Eddie couldn't be happier, telling the publication he took Xander to the screen test but didn't have any further input.

Scroll down for video

2D6315D900000578-3271347-image-a-13_1444778702860.jpg

+6
    Taking after his father! Eddie McGuire's son Xander, 12, has scored a debut guest role on the long-running soap Neighbours

'I’m not going to be a stage dad. He did all this on his own and on merit,' he explained.

Eddie revealed his son took a liking to acting after performing in a school musical, and the pair thought they'd try the screen test for the 'experience.'

Interestingly enough, Eddie first kicked off his career at Channel Ten and said after taking Xander to the screen test, remembered when he went to the studio for his first interview all those years ago.

Xander will play Charlie Hoyland in the show, who is the son of Carla Bonner's character Steph Scully.

2D631E3E00000578-3271347-image-m-17_1444778891845.jpg

+6
    Proud dad: According to the Herald Sun, Eddie couldn't be happier, telling the publication he took Xander to the screen test but didn't have any further input

2D63183800000578-3271347-image-m-19_1444779239620.jpg

+6
    Castmate: Xander will play Charlie Hoyland on the show, who is the son of Carla Bonner's (pictured) character Steph Scully

The youngster told the newspaper just how much he's looking forward to it, saying: 'Now that I have a small role, I feel very lucky to be part of an amazing team.'

Eddie has hosted several shows throughout his long career, including the current Millionaire Hot Seat on Channel Nine.

He has also appeared on the radio, including a gig on Triple M's The Hot Breakfast in Melbourne.

The businessman and author has two children, Xander, whose real name is Alexander, and son Joseph, with wife Carla.

2D62F7EE00000578-3271347-image-a-15_1444778744121.jpg

+6
    Family: The businessman and author has two children, Xander, whose real name is Alexander, and son Joseph, with wife Carla

Eddie also insisted that Xander will need to focus on schooling and sporting activities amid his acting debut.

His youngest son will start filming this week for scenes to be aired early next year.

He will join the likes of Holly Candy's sister Olympia Valance on the show, as well as Ryan Moloney, who plays long-running character Jarrod 'Toadfish' Rebecch.

Some of Australia's finest actors first started their careers on Neighbours, including Russell Crowe and Chris and Liam Hemsworth.

Singers Delta Goodrem and Kylie Minogue also starred on the soap.

2D62F7F600000578-3271347-image-a-16_1444778752551.jpg

+6
    Juggling it all: Eddie said Xander will also need to focus on his schooling and sporting activities amid his acting debut

2D21131900000578-3271347-image-a-21_1444779293520.jpg

+6
    Colleagues: Xander will join the likes of Holly Candy's sister Olympia Valance on the show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ands-debut-role-Neighbours.html#ixzz3oWacU6WK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Noooo. This means there are TWO. Unfortch Scott Cam does have a son. He also has a daughter who I've seen many a times coming out of the ocean with her dad in Daily Fail and the like, so now doubt she is at risk of coming on our screen too.

And as if Eddie didn't give him a leg up. Different network yes, but considering that the cast currently includes the little sister as well as the son of former cast members it's pretty clear that some nepotism is going on there.

Back