Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened you are all so nice to me
yeah it's been real delight to have join us here:)

In Priya's 'Ask Prisus' thread, it appeared to be more bickering between fans than actual attacks on Priya...posts were deleted and thread closed....
Hopefully now if other HM's start posting, it will be lesson learnt, to try and not ask the HM's questions that will likely cause flame wars. Be positive, and ask what the HM's are up to now, or have planned for their future etc
David had joined up last week, and he's not here to cause dramas...so far, so good:)

Last edited:
realheidi
4 minutes ago
A bloody awesome day in #ubud & surrounds. Swan in natural springs, ate lunch overlooking volcano & hung out in rice terrace...even with a bit of Bali belly I ❤️ this place. he he x

10843907_352991384888612_1273695551_n.jpg

Travis & Aisha travels (Bali) - Day 1
Its 1pm and baby aish & I have just landed at depensar, bali - pwoahhh! Its humid and muggy! Smiles on the both of our faces excited for the next 7 days. As we embark on our first holiday away together and head towards customs, Aish cant help herself and dishes out her first and hopefully final dis to me.
‘Trav you’re wearing trackies on trackies, with socks sticking out the bottom of your vans. Im only letting you get away with it cause we’re travelling’ - i personally thought she might have been admiring the indonesian officers in there uniform or the unique olden arcitecture of the airport but i guess not.
After a few near fatal misses with a couple of scooters as they fly past occupied by talented balinese women balancing all kinds of foods on their heads, we finally arrive at our villa in Bali - Villa Mahasari located in the heart of Seminyak, a tucked away wonderland!
After a quick swim, where all areas of the pool were tested… for chlorine, it begun to bucket down! MONSOON SEASON! - that didnt detur us as we continued to splash around in the pool for a further hour! The sun fell, and so did our hearts - a great warm welcoming for our trip to come.
Aish is yelling out to me from the outdoor shower ‘travvii hurry up ya stallion’.. whips cracked already, i best be off… Burritos and tacos await the two of us at Mexicola for an amazing dinner to compliment an even better first day.
Until next time.. - thats MASSIV!

tumblr_ngo7k2qxFT1u61n8jo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ngo7k2qxFT1u61n8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_ngo7k2qxFT1u61n8jo4_400.jpg
tumblr_ngo7k2qxFT1u61n8jo3_400.jpg

I enjoyed that :)

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 1h
Today I threw myself a 'Happy 6 Months in @Melbourne" anniversary. CHECK IT: http://youngbloodtravel.tumblr.com/post/105427241749/happy-6-months-in-an-ideal-world-id-be-saying… @TramRestaurant @ArtSeriesHotels

[DOUBLEPOST=1418811741][/DOUBLEPOST]
tumblr_ngpy8idg2p1tqgbf3o10_500.jpg

tumblr_ngpy8idg2p1tqgbf3o7_500.jpg

Happy 6 Months!

In an ideal world, I’d be saying that to my loving partner. In reality- I’m saying it to myself and my new BFF, Melbourne.

It’s crazy to think six months ago today I drove 9 hours from my home of 26 years, Sydney to embark on a new adventure in Melbourne.

Initially playing it month by month, it wasn’t long before the city of amazing coffee and graffiti-filled streets lured me here on a more permanent basis.

If you asked any of my past lovers, they would all tell you how big I am on celebrating anniversaries, so it seemed only fitting that I take myself out on a day of adventures.

EAT

The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant is one of those things Melbournities have seen drive through the city their entire lives but have never got around to checking it out.

As a (relative) newbie, I thought I’d take my friend Zoe for a lunch about town.

We met the rest of the diners on the corner of Normanby Road and Clarendon Street, South Melbourne. As suspected, we were the youngest there by about 15 years but the excitement from the tourists and cute little old couples was infectious.

We hopped onboard and were both surprised at how spacious the restaurant was. I’m a sucker for anything themed so I was all doe-eyed about the scarlet velvet booths, beautiful brass fittings which cast a cosy glow and classical background music.

The air-con and bathroom were also two welcomed modern amenities Zoe and I had concerns about before boarding but we needn’t have worried.

We were offered a complimentary glass of bubbles to kick things off while we drooled over the menu. For an all-inclusive price of $85 p/p (lunch menu, 4 courses including all beverages) - we were super impressed at the offerings (see below!)

APPETISER

Hummus dip
A smooth blend of chickpea and tahini with a hint of mint, served with crisp lavosh

Roasted Red Capsicum Dip
Fresh roasted capsicum blended with Australian cream cheese and tapenade, served with golden baked water crackers

ENTRÉE

Duck Terrine
Tender confit duck terrine wrapped in prosciutto, accompanied by a wild berry relish and cornichons

Smoked Salmon & Avocado
Smoked Tasmanian salmon and avocado mousse, dressed with baby capers, red onion and tomato salsa

MAIN

Grilled Chicken Breast
Marinated in herbs on a bed of sautéed spinach served with seasonal vegetables and a rich reduction

Victorian Farmed Eye Fillet of Beef
Paired with a rosemary and thyme scallop potato, fresh seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and red wine jus

CHEESE TASTING PLATE

Chef’s Selection of Local Cheese
Matched with a quince paste, golden crisp water crackers, and a spiced fruit loaf

The food was delicious and of much higher quality than you’d expect from such a ‘touristy’ venue.

Highlight of the whole lunch however had to be the chef who made frequent trips back down to the dining cart, personally checking in with everybody and singing up a storm- sometimes opera, other times feel-good classics such as ‘Amore’. We may or may not have joined in by the end of the meal (after a few wines!)

It was hard not to leave the tramcar with a huge smile on your face (and an extremely full belly!) Definitely recommend it as a cute date night (maybe not a first date as nobody wants spilt red wine on them as the tramcar lurches forward) or the perfect present for the parents (perhaps alongside tickets to a theatre show). Was also really lovely to get a bit of a scenic tour around Melbourne CBD, all the way down to beautiful St Kilda - from the comfort of a cushy booth.

SLEEP

Another favourite thing about my new home-town, Melbourne (apart from the food and bars) are the little hidden boutique hotels.

Although not exactly ‘hidden’, the Art Series Group have just opened their 5th hotel in Melbourne- The Larwill Studio.

Situated on Flemington Rd- just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Melbourne CBD, Melbourne Zoo and Flemington Racetrack- the Larwill Studio is dedicated to the very loveable Australian artist David Larwill.

As with all of the Art Series hotels, it draws inspiration from his studio with bright playful Larwill works complementing it’s contemporary design and breathtaking views of green parklands and the city.

You feel about 80% cooler just from checking into an Art Series hotel and the Larwill is no different.

I often fight the urge to smuggle out the furnishings- be it the “Put Your Heart In It” quote pillowcase or the quirky bedside table lamps…the Larwill looks like something you’d pin on your Pinterest board labeled “Beautiful Homes I’ll Never Own”.

Unfortunately, I’m so early at checking the Larwill out that the restaurant hasn’t opened yet- however there is a cute cafe down in the lobby and fully stocked bar fridge and snack basket (complete with Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, ON CALL!)

As I type this, the sun is setting over the parklands and I’m snuggled up on my king size bed with burnt orange geo-metric blanket, drinking a wine and pampering myself with a million different beauty products as I swan around my room in the fluffy white robe.

Melbourne- you’re alright. I might just hang around.

more photos here
http://youngbloodtravel.tumblr.com/post/105427241749/happy-6-months-in-an-ideal-world-id-be-saying

It's definitely bad in LA lol. The first time I used it there was a homeless man sleeping on the seats that had defecated his pants. The smell was so bad nobody could be in a nearby carriage so everyone had to pack into one. The second time I took it a man was going going around telling everyone they need to "listen to Jeaus" and another guy pulled a gun out and threatened him. That was my las time on the subway there to say the least lol.

Lol. I enjoyed waking up to this post. Well, you definitely had some serious adventures on the LA trains. I can honestly say I've never seen a gun pulled out. I've had the guy, or gal, telling us to listen to Jesus. Thankfully, no one ever got violent. lol. I think you've earned the right to stay away forever.

On another topic, when did Travis become likable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back