Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to enter the whole argument about Ryan and the #illridewithyou concept, but at least Ryan knew what it was about, whereas Skye seems to think it is some joke about exercise. Despite that, I think her sister is lovely and far more mature than her years.

Have you missed the lovely posts from Syke? Several were posted here, but you can go to her instagram and see for yourself. She didn't miss the point

skye.m.w.y
9 hours ago
My heart goes out to those who lost their loved ones last night In Sydney's unfortunate tragedy, my prayers are with you Sydney #illridewithyou#martinplace#prayforsydney

skye.m.w.y
1 day ago
Everyone light a candle for the hostages in Sydney please pray that they all get out safely and that angels will look over them and their families xx

ryanginns
1 hour ago
Take two.. too much nipple. Really sorry. NYE... tick! Mental lineup and glamping... Sydney, I'm out. Who's coming to @lostparadiseau? @nathanjolliffe@tomckeown#freethenipple#NYE#lostparadiseau#thepreatures#touchsensitive#softwar

10848173_1391957114431292_2012936371_n.jpg

Not sure what any of this is about, but what does he mean with his comment about Sydney? "Sydney, I'm out. "

I have to tell you, the bold part genuinely made me laugh. I've said, "I'm not a fan of public transportation," my whole life. Lol. I've used those exact words. And trust, growing up in NY, there were some people who loved the subway. So, now you know someone who isn't wealthy (damn), or a fan of public transportation.

Haha I tell people all the time I'm not a fan of public transport. I don't think I'm above it, I've just had a couple of horrific experiences on Sydney buses which I don't really want to relive. The train also isn't practical for me usually given there's no stations too close to where I live and work. I've always just preferred driving and do as much as possible...even into the city. That's just my preference. If that makes me a wanker so be it lol.

I actually quite liked the NYC subway but I was only there for like 2 weeks so I probably didn't see the full extent. The LA subway though...holy crap.

Last edited:
Haha I tell people all the time I'm not a fan of public transport. I don't think I'm above it, I've just had a couple of horrific experiences on Sydney buses which I don't really want to relive. The train also isn't practical for me usually given there's no stations too close to where I live and work. I've always just preferred driving and do as much as possible...even into the city. That's just my preference. If that makes me a wanker so be it lol.

I actually quite liked the NYC subway but I was only there for like 2 weeks so I probably didn't see the full extent. The LA subway though...holy crap.

As long as you don't unnecessarily include your 'dislike' of PT in a one of those gimmicky social media hashtag 'movementst' for all and sundry to see, I think the majority of people would take that criticism at face at value depending on the tone of voice in which it's said of course.

I'm not willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Ryan in this instance because it was totally irrelevant in this context (who the fuck cares he doesn't use PT?) and I'm aware of his tosserish 2kool4skool pretence and that comments is a continuation of the tossbag he was in the house.

As long as you don't unnecessarily include your 'dislike' of PT in a one of those gimmicky social media hashtag 'movementst' for all and sundry to see, I think the majority of people would take that criticism at face at value depending on the tone of voice in which it's said of course.

I'm not willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Ryan in this instance because it was totally irrelevant in this context (who the fuck cares he doesn't use PT?) and I'm aware of his tosserish 2kool4skool pretence and that comments is a continuation of the tossbag he was in the house.

The hashtag is about riding with people on public transport.

Reactions: Bae

The NYC trains are definitely efficient. I'll give them that. I've never had a traumatic experience, I just don't like people enough to deal with them in tight quarters. I must say, living in Barcelona truly solidified my dislike for public transportation. The end of the workday buses and trains will haunt me forever.

I've never been on the train in LA. So, I don't know if your holy crap is good or bad. lol.

I've got no issue with your opinion on Ryan - but as the #illridewithyou is about public transport, a comment about public transport is in context

The hashtag is about riding with people on public transport.

Yes, I know that it's originally supposed to be about 'riding' PT but I think the underlying message is more general that that. It's intended to be about coming to the aid of a muslim female if she's being harassed in public whether that's on buses/trains/trams or walking around a shopping mall. Thus when it's comes right down to the essence of the 'message' it's an IRRELEVANT WHITE LIE if you don't actually personally use it or not. Nobody fucking cares that Ryan is lying by omission when he supports that gimmicky hashtag, I repeat NOBODY.

Yes, I know that it's originally supposed to be about 'riding' PT but I think the underlying message is more general that that. It's intended to be about coming to the aid of a muslim female if she's being harassed in public whether that's on buses/trains/trams or walking around a shopping mall. Thus when it's comes right down to the essence of the 'message' it's an IRRELEVANT WHITE LIE if you don't actually personally use it or not. Nobody fucking cares that Ryan is lying by omission when he supports that gimmicky hashtag, I repeat NOBODY.

Rubbish - you're simply projecting your opinion of Ryan.

I dislike public transport and rarely catch it due to circumstances and practicality- and am the total opposite of wealthy - and would probably say the same kind of thing. Half my posts start with "I'm not a (insert HM name) fan". It's a phrase I use regularly in conversation about anything I don't particularly like. :whistling:

The NYC trains are definitely efficient. I'll give them that. I've never had a traumatic experience, I just don't like people enough to deal with them in tight quarters. I must say, living in Barcelona truly solidified my dislike for public transportation. The end of the workday buses and trains will haunt me forever.

I've never been on the train in LA. So, I don't know if your holy crap is good or bad. lol.

It's definitely bad in LA lol. The first time I used it there was a homeless man sleeping on the seats that had defecated his pants. The smell was so bad nobody could be in a nearby carriage so everyone had to pack into one. The second time I took it a man was going going around telling everyone they need to "listen to Jeaus" and another guy pulled a gun out and threatened him. That was my las time on the subway there to say the least lol.

whilst the way Ryan worded it annoyed me, I guess maybe he did it cos if he didn't say that he would have got dissed in the comments by people who know him about not taking PT anyway, so he thought he would say it upfront.

I don't necessarily agree with people's reasons for disliking Ryan, but as long as they're dissing him I'm cool with that haha

PS. I don't like public transport.

That's fine and dandy but the question is would you be compelled to state 'not being a fan' in support of a social media 'cause' even though PT is just mere irrelevant backdrop to the 'important' message? ;)

Rubbish - you're simply projecting your opinion of Ryan.

I dislike public transport and rarely catch it due to circumstances and practicality- and am the total opposite of wealthy - and would probably say the same kind of thing. Half my posts start with "I'm not a (insert HM name) fan". It's a phrase I use regularly in conversation about anything I don't particularly like. :whistling:

Like I've expressed a number of times already, I am doubtful that there would more than a handful (if any) of regular commuters who'd label themselves as FANS of the service. They use it because they have to not because they have innate fetish for it. It's be a bit like professing to be a fan of a brand of tap/bottled water. Who does that other than pretentious wankers? LMAO

I get that people comment on their distaste for it in certain contexts when their conversation warrants it but any fair minded person would surely agree that this is not an APPROPRIATE occasion to air that view. It's self-absorbed, insecure, pretentious and tacky, that's the point.

That's fine and dandy but the question is would you be compelled to state 'not being a fan' in support of a social media 'cause' even though PT is just mere irrelevant backdrop to the 'important' message? ;)

Like I've expressed a number of times already, I am doubtful that there would more than a handful (if any) of regular commuters who'd label themselves as FANS of the service. They use it because they have to not because they have innate fetish for it. It's be a bit like professing to be a fan of a brand of tap/bottled water. Who does that other than pretentious wankers? LMAO

I get that people comment on their distaste for it in certain contexts when their conversation warrants it but any fair minded person would surely agree that this is not an APPROPRIATE occasion to air that view. It's self-absorbed, insecure, pretentious and tacky, that's the point.

I'm fair minded, and have no problem it :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bae
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back