Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules! Yay!

Dan and Steph lost me with the sob story about needing the money to start a family :rolleyes: then talking about their trips to Bali and those coloured tatts wouldn't have been cheap.

Most of the world have managed to raise a child without winning $250,000.

Ellle and Jake FTW.

Back in the second round of Instant Restaurants I predicted that Dan & Steph would win. (Either them or the Bondi boys, so tonight will decide who of the two will actually get there.)

But I still think Dan & Steph could win it. There's just something about them that screams winners to me.

I can picture the finale being between Dan & Steph and Jake & Elle for sure.

And there we have it!!!!!
It will be a great finale, Jake and Elle might just be able to win this, so young and so talented!
fingers_crossed-853.gif

Dan and Steph lost me with the sob story about needing the money to start a family :rolleyes: then talking about their trips to Bali and those coloured tatts wouldn't have been cheap.

Ellle and Jake FTW.

True; I was a bit put off by the tears and the 'we're deserving battlers' whine as well. But then, they're all probably encouraged to come up with a sob story. I'd be really happy for either team to win - Jake and Elle are great.

True; I was a bit put off by the tears and the 'we're deserving battlers' whine as well. But then, they're all probably encouraged to come up with a sob story. I'd be really happy for either team to win - Jake and Elle are great.

Yep, I'm sure they are encouraged to come up with the sob story but surely they could do better or at least realise it would put some people off.

It's not often that I actually LOVE both teams/people in a finale of any reality/game show but I am very, very happy that these two are the last two this time around. I think they both deserve their places.

Jake has been my absolute favourite person since right from the pre-season promo ads so I'd LOVE to see him and Elle win, but my instincts tell me that it'll probably be Dan & Steph. I think I'll be satisfied with either result though.

In saying that, I'll still be Team Jake & Elle all the way on Sunday! Eeeeep! :D

I'm just a tradie - we all pay through the nose to you guys, crying poor me makes no sense???
Guess other factors may be involved, but don't do this now, you were doing well just being a nice couple - still can't stand sausage man myself.

Ellle and Jake FTW.

I agree with this. There is nothing tragic about being in the same position as millions of other people in a first world country and that position being nothing to whine about anyway. If they want to have a baby then they should go and have one. Josh and Andi are ...by accident!

I couldn't care less what any of their sob stories are anyway, I want to see the best cooks win, not the best criers. At least the final two teams have shown they have the cooking skills to deserve their places in the final, although I think it's becoming more and more obvious that the on site chefs are becoming far more involved this year than previous years. No way are so many teams coming up with very similar standards of restaurant style recipes with similar plating skills. They couldn't have all been equally successful in dragging themselves to professional level in sigh a short time without someone giving them constant off camera direction. They might be doing the cooking but they're not pulling those recipes or that plating out if their heads.

There is IVF involved I believe, does that cost?
And I repeat, any good tradie should have barrels of money anyway. Or is he bullshiting, is he just a laborer?

I hadn't heard about the ivf. If there is fertility issues you'd think they'd do something about their weight issues, wouldn't you...if it is that expensive you'd be wanting to give it every chance you had and obesity is not a friend to fertility as I'm sure a lot of people before them have found out.

He says he's a painter, I thought he had his own business but I don't know why I think that..not sure if I heard it or if I assumed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is IVF involved I believe, does that cost?
And I repeat, any good tradie should have barrels of money anyway. Or is he bullshiting, is he just a laborer?

You get a fairly hefty Medicare rebate for IVF, I would think after the rebate it might cost around $2000 maximum per cycle. If two working people who currently have no children can't save $10,000 for say 5 cycles then they cannot afford to have kids.

Those coloured tattoos are VERY expensive and need re-colouring every few years don't they? nothing wrong with having tatts but what a waste of money if you are struggling to find money for IVF.

Last edited:
"You don't have to be a great cook but you have to like cooking and be willing to learn ."

Old Tassie gramps confirms how crap most of them are.
And he got his wish, radio job in Tassie - you poor bastards, that guy loved the camera.

Eliza do you think Aussies are so used to medicare covering a lot of stuff, that we bulk at paying for any medical stuff perhaps?Does seem odd 2 wage earners should be able to pay for a few tries.

This is what the dumplings claim is the IVF costs -

“To do our first cycle it cost us about $15,000 and we're just normal people who work week-by-week and live week-by-week, and we had to go and get loans,” she said. "To have such a negative result and still have to pay a loan off, it is tough. But Dan and I have got a positive attitude towards it, we just think that's the cards we've been dealt."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...if-they-win-20130424-2idtx.html#ixzz2RWdd9fR2

Last edited:
Maybe I am ...

But c'mon, don't you auto lick if you get a little - ha, ha........cut? It's hardly gross, it's just salty.

Eww just though of something, boys have you ever tasted menstrual blood?

Blood nose blood is different again, yucky, yucky............eww yuck this whole post is disgusting, my apologies:( Just thinking out loud.
*Gag*

"You don't have to be a great cook but you have to like cooking and be willing to learn ."

Old Tassie gramps confirms how crap most of them are.
And he got his wish, radio job in Tassie - you poor bastards, that guy loved the camera.

Eliza do you think Aussies are so used to medicare covering a lot of stuff, that we bulk at paying for any medical stuff perhaps?Does seem odd 2 wage earners should be able to pay for a few tries.

This is what the dumplings claim is the IVF costs -

“To do our first cycle it cost us about $15,000 and we're just normal people who work week-by-week and live week-by-week, and we had to go and get loans,” she said. "To have such a negative result and still have to pay a loan off, it is tough. But Dan and I have got a positive attitude towards it, we just think that's the cards we've been dealt."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...if-they-win-20130424-2idtx.html#ixzz2RWdd9fR2
Maybe they are going private? Still unless they are trying a type of IVF that is considered experimental.

Wynter is right though they should try losing some body fat, it's a fact that obese women are more likely to have fertility problems and they are less responsive to Fertility drugs and programs. Why wouldn't you cover that angle if you are serious about having a baby.

How do you know that she hasn't lost weight and that the fertility drugs have caused weight gain?

How do you know that she hasn't lost weight and that the fertility drugs have caused weight gain?

Well as I am not a friend of hers I don't know, just like every person here I am posting my opinions based on assumptions along with bits of knowledge I have. Medication related weight gain is usually actually bloating but if it is actual weight gain it would only be a couple of kilos. steph is more than a couple of kilos overweight, just saying.

Clomid and PCOS can cause more than a couple kilos of weight gain. Just saying.

Dan should really stop taking them, then.

I think dietary preferences may be involved here, regardless of whatever else.

Back