Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules! Yay!

wtf?
are you on something?

Sorry attempted humour there . Dan and Steph went on about IVF and that's why I made the joke sorry .....

I still don't get the filming of two endings with two reactions from everyone.

If the desired ending D & S were spoiled they'd go with the J & E ending. But what if both were spoiled?

And why does it matter anyway? People will still watch.

I was a bit MEH by the end, it seemed like a foregone conclusion. I lost respect for them for playing the sympathy card too often, there was no way the show would let them lose after all the "we NEED this (or our life is over)" melodrama, but it failed to melt my icy heart, I was supporting Jake & Elle, who imo cooked more elaborate & interesting food.

I don't believe you have an icy heart! :cool:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Cooling_Down_by_Ewig.gif

...hmmmm... I just realised... I should use that blowtorch to whip up a creme' brulee while on this thread lol!... cheers.

Just on Dan and Steph and their "poor me" stories how do they do so many trips every year and I bet all those tattoos were not cheap

Just on Dan and Steph and their "poor me" stories how do they do so many trips every year and I bet all those tattoos were not cheap

Oh enough all ready.

They are the winners, to still be spewing hatred for no real reason just makes you a loser and a sore one at that.

They won because on the day they cooked better. It astounds me that so many of you are offended by their sob story. The bulk of you usually gobble up any sort of victimised pity party dish with a big fucking spoon.

If the fact they worked hard, saved their money in order to go overseas and get tattoos needs to be explained to you, you are sillier than I first thought.

Oh enough all ready.

They are the winners, to still be spewing hatred for no real reason just makes you a loser and a sore one at that.

They won because on the day they cooked better. It astounds me that so many of you are offended by their sob story. The bulk of you usually gobble up any sort of victimised pity party dish with a big fucking spoon.

If the fact they worked hard, saved their money in order to go overseas and get tattoos needs to be explained to you, you are sillier than I first thought.

The advent of the reality TV sob story was the start of a downward spiral imo. Call me an old fashioned stick in the mud but I vote to bring back the heady days of grass roots reality TV staring Noeline and Laurie and their everyday dysfunctional family, no made up sob stories required.

Do you have any idea how much IVF costs? Especially if you have to keep paying for round after round?

Even if you are doing ok (and can afford some trips and tattoos... omg the HUGE expense!) - IVF can still be out of reach. All they were saying is how much it would help. And you can bet the producers were at them to mention it all the time too.

Do you have any idea how much IVF costs? Especially if you have to keep paying for round after round?

Even if you are doing ok (and can afford some trips and tattoos... omg the HUGE expense!) - IVF can still be out of reach. All they were saying is how much it would help. And you can bet the producers were at them to mention it all the time too.

Medicare covers IVF so after the regular Medicare rebate and extra safety net rebate the out of pocket expenses for the first cycle is around $1900 and it is about $500 cheaper for the subsequent rounds if necessary. Of course if you go Private it's going to be more expensive or if you need any experimental procedures it'll cost heaps. Back in the day all IVF was considered experimental so cost big bucks, these days most of the procedures used are eligible for some sort of rebate.

Medicare covers IVF so after the regular Medicare rebate and extra safety net rebate the out of pocket expenses for the first cycle is around $1900 and it is about $500 cheaper for the subsequent rounds if necessary. Of course if you go Private it's going to be more expensive or if you need any experimental procedures it'll cost heaps. Back in the day all IVF was considered experimental so cost big bucks, these days most of the procedures used are eligible for some sort of rebate.

I am married to a tradie and I earn more in an office job. Yes, he has gone out on his own to make more money, but the building industry is boom or bust, and now in NSW & QLD it is not flash. With the IVF thing, it took us 18months for Mr 3 to happen, and just say we needed IVF then that would have cost us $25,700 (1x$1900 & 17x$1400). And we were a young healthy couple, so people actually needing IVF wouldn't be in the healthy range. Add to that the stress of going through the IVF hoping & praying & then getting a negative. I don't know about you, but we wouldn't have been able to spend $25k on trying for a baby while just on our wages with a mortgage etc, so winning a show like MKR would bring a massive relief.

As for the cost of tattoo's, I still don't know what that has to do with anything. I have tattoos and I got over 80% of them before I even met Mr coop, so what's to say Steph isn't the same? I also have a work mate who have a tattoo gun & if I want to add anything all it will cost me is a 6 pack & $10 ink from ebay if he doesn't have the colour I want. hardly a cost that needs saving up for.

I am married to a tradie and I earn more in an office job. Yes, he has gone out on his own to make more money, but the building industry is boom or bust, and now in NSW & QLD it is not flash. With the IVF thing, it took us 18months for Mr 3 to happen, and just say we needed IVF then that would have cost us $25,700 (1x$1900 & 17x$1400). And we were a young healthy couple, so people actually needing IVF wouldn't be in the healthy range. Add to that the stress of going through the IVF hoping & praying & then getting a negative. I don't know about you, but we wouldn't have been able to spend $25k on trying for a baby while just on our wages with a mortgage etc, so winning a show like MKR would bring a massive relief.

As for the cost of tattoo's, I still don't know what that has to do with anything. I have tattoos and I got over 80% of them before I even met Mr coop, so what's to say Steph isn't the same? I also have a work mate who have a tattoo gun & if I want to add anything all it will cost me is a 6 pack & $10 ink from ebay if he doesn't have the colour I want. hardly a cost that needs saving up for.

You don't do 18 cycles in 18 months, it just does not work like that.

I'm not sure why you say couples needing IVF wouldn't be in the healthy range? Yes their mental health would definitely be affected but experiencing difficulty getting pregnant does not mean you are physically unhealthy unless you are talking about the fact that Dan and Steph were overweight?

Two very close friends of mine required help to get pregnant, one couple went though 5 cycles of IVF over 2 years and the other couple had just two attempts at AI by husbands sperm. Both were successful and now have older teenage children. They are both normal working couples who just saved hard and went without holidays etc to fullfill their dream.

Good on Dan and Steph for winning their money their choice and I hope they achieve their dream of getting pregnant very soon. I think people here are just pointing out that many, many people achieve the dream without winning a large sum of money, that is all.

Last edited:
You don't do 18 cycles in 18 months, it just does not work like that.

I'm not sure why you say couples needing IVF wouldn't be in the healthy range? Yes their mental health would definitely be affected but experiencing difficulty getting pregnant does not mean you are physically unhealthy unless you are talking about the fact that Dan and Steph were overweight?

Two very close friends of mine required help to get pregnant, one couple went though 5 cycles of IVF over 2 years and the other couple had just two attempts at AI by husbands sperm. Both were successful and now have older teenage children. They are both normal working couples who just saved hard and went without holidays etc to fullfill their dream.

Good on Dan and Steph for winning and I hope they achieve their dream of getting pregnant very soon.

I was using myself as an example, as I have not needed IVF (thankfully) I do not know the exact process. I meant healthy in the sense that both me & mr coops can have a child, as Mr 3 was baby #2. Obviously couples needing IVF do so as they are having problems conceiving, he could be infertile, she could have POCS, who knows. And for the record, no, I don't think their weight is a reason as to their baby making struggles.

I am married to a tradie and I earn more in an office job. Yes, he has gone out on his own to make more money, but the building industry is boom or bust, and now in NSW & QLD it is not flash.

The "he is a tradie he must be LOADED" attitude in here reflects how most must live in some sort of information free vacuum. There has never been a worst time to be a tradie in this country, building is at an all time low. Tradies are jumping ship from their trade and re-educating every day due to the building slump. I was working with a new grad just last week, who at 40 retrained and now owes the tax man a $25 000 HECS fees for his RN registeration.

The fact Dan and Steph save to go overseas and spend money on what they enjoy (the tattoos) is the basic reason as to why we work, something you wouldn't think needs to be explained.

The bottom line is they shouldn't need to explain their finances, the fact that they are both not sucking at the government's tit is explanation in itself, they are hard working, mortgage paying everyday young Australians who are having terrible trouble having a baby. While it is a problem I can't personally identify with, I would have to be a dribbling fucking idiot to not have some idea of the pain women like Coops and Steph endure trying to make that extension of their love with their partners without success, and how raw and painful that grief becomes every month when they find their baby is not to be, while those around them appear to capture that extension and conceive with no difficulty. You can feel their love when they look at each other, to me they appear like a simply adorable couple and had wonderful kind personalities to boot and I completely understand their need for their own child.

I feel through reality TV overload we have become so desensitised to the pain of others. We get to sit back on our lounge with our remote in hand covered in Tim Tam crumbs and decide who are the worthy victims. The majority in here have spoken and for what ever reason, they find Dan and Steph are not worthy of their grief, thankfully some of us can still see the forest through the trees and offer basic empathy.

I think either couple would have been a worthy winner, personally I feel Dan and Steph produced the best meals on the night and are more than worthy winners, they have proven themselves to be brilliant self taught cooks with an enviable culinary skills. I wish them luck, love and a belly full of arms and legs.

And for the record, no, I don't think their weight is a reason as to their baby making struggles.

Side note: Medical evidence suggests there is a very good chance Steph's weight could play a huge role in her inability to conceive. Medically speaking a healthy weight range does play a very important role in fertility. However that does in no way take anything away from her desire to have a child and the pain she would obviously feel having such trouble conceiving.

The "he is a tradie he must be LOADED" attitude in here reflects how most must live in some sort of information free vacuum. There has never been a worst time to be a tradie in this country, building is at an all time low. Tradies are jumping ship from their trade and re-educating every day due to the building slump. I was working with a new grad just last week, who at 40 retrained and now owes the tax man a $25 000 HECS fees for his RN registeration.

The fact Dan and Steph save to go overseas and spend money on what they enjoy (the tattoos) is the basic reason as to why we work, something you wouldn't think needs to be explained.

The bottom line is they shouldn't need to explain their finances, the fact that they are both not sucking at the government's tit is explanation in itself, they are hard working, mortgage paying everyday young Australians who are having terrible trouble having a baby. While it is a problem I can't personally identify with, I would have to be a dribbling fucking idiot to not have some idea of the pain women like Coops and Steph endure trying to make that extension of their love with their partners without success, and how raw and painful that grief becomes every month when they find their baby is not to be, while those around them appear to capture that extension and conceive with no difficulty. You can feel their love when they look at each other, to me they appear like a simply adorable couple and had wonderful kind personalities to boot and I completely understand their need for their own child.

I feel through reality TV overload we have become so desensitised to the pain of others. We get to sit back on our lounge with our remote in hand covered in Tim Tam crumbs and decide who are the worthy victims. The majority in here have spoken and for what ever reason, they find Dan and Steph are not worthy of their grief, thankfully some of us can still see the forest through the trees and offer basic empathy.

I think either couple would have been a worthy winner, personally I feel Dan and Steph produced the best meals on the night and are more than worthy winners, they have proven themselves to be brilliant self taught cooks with an enviable culinary skills. I wish them luck, love and a belly full of arms and legs.

Not thinking he is loaded because he is a tradie, just thinking as a working couple in their mid 30's ish that they might have managed to put a bit of money away for a rainy day but I guess not. No one has asked them to explain their finances but that doesn't stop me or others discussing our thoughts on of how they might choose to spend their winnings. This does not mean I am desensitised to the pain of others, I just have a finely calibrated bullshit meter.

This is not about who won or did not win, I agree both couples were worthy however the infertility sob story was like trigger for me, it was just one reality sob story too many.

Side note: Medical evidence suggests there is a very good chance Steph's weight could play a huge role in her inability to conceive. Medically speaking a healthy weight range does play a very important role in fertility. However that does in no way take anything away from her desire to have a child and the pain she would obviously feel having such trouble conceiving.

Tis a very good thing that I am not in the medical field :) Cos I would suggest chocolate body paint for helping baby making, which, as we all know with chocolate, a minute on the lips, = a life time on the hips!;)

Back