Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules! Yay!

What's the Doc Who special? Why has Fox got that ?

Voice is calling me, the end of this will do.

...for the past 3 weeks the UK channel on Fox has been showing specials on the science of Dr Who/the companions of Dr Who etc... tonight's episode is the last... I guess that the specials will go to free TV (probably ABC 1 or 2) in the near future... the one about the perils of time travel is really interesting... they have actual scientists talking about it's possibilities... I do recommend watching them if they come your way... cheers.

Oh wow sounds great, might have to chase them up.

Friday was watching Turn Back Time - The 60s, the kids were playing Daleks with pots on their heads/plungers, it was neat

Oh wow sounds great, might have to chase them up.

Friday was watching Turn Back Time - The 60s, the kids were playing Daleks with pots on their heads/plungers, it was neat

...really?... sounds good... is it a documentary or a drama series and is it on every week or just a one-off?... what channel was it on?... cheers.

SBS2, 8.30, series, started back in the 1900s, 3 families with different classes illustrating how it was, 40s was a good one.

Next is the 70s.

I missed the 20s, and damn SBS don't have the rights for catch up, but it's on youtube.

And the winners are...!

I so should've put money on this back when I had that epiphany...:p

SBS2, 8.30, series, started back in the 1900s, 3 families with different classes illustrating how it was, 40s was a good one.

Next is the 70s.

I missed the 20s, and damn SBS don't have the rights for catch up, but it's on youtube.

...thanks kxk... I'll look out for it... cheers.

I for one am really glad Dan and Steph won. The food they cooked looked absolutely glorious! Jake and Elle did great too, but really I was glad to see it go to Dan and Steph.

Roll on BB! :D

Way too much crying, not thrilled with their win but hope Jake and Elle get some sort of cooking opportunity out of this.

I was a bit MEH by the end, it seemed like a foregone conclusion. I lost respect for them for playing the sympathy card too often, there was no way the show would let them lose after all the "we NEED this (or our life is over)" melodrama, but it failed to melt my icy heart, I was supporting Jake & Elle, who imo cooked more elaborate & interesting food.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought the techniques Jake and Elle used were more complex, the sausage just didn't cut it for me.

Yeah, 7 made it easy to not watch....all that weeping swept me right away, to the Voice. It was so blatant who the winner was.

...I flicked over to MKR just for the last few minutes to see who won and the first image I saw was the blond surfer guy... (Luke I think?)... bawling his tits off and then some of the others... to me it showed Channel 7 milking the emotional part of it for all that it was worth... (good ratings grabber of course)...

...my wife had watched the whole show and said that it had come down to the desserts on who was going to win... she believed that as soon as they tried Jake and Elle's dessert first that it meant that they had lost because Channel 7 usually likes to drop the bomb that the second dish is the winner to build up the suspense... I guess that she was right... Dan and Steph won...

...I seriously doubt that I'll watch the next series of MKR... I only really started to watch this series because the sweet wife was watching it and I got hooked in... not again though methinks... cheers.

It was clear from the first 15 minutes who was going to win, I came back a couple of times - it dragged on and on.
Was kind of horrified I timed it before they announced the winner.
And the whole thing just felt awkward, like for goodness sakes stop torturing Jake & Elle we all know who is the winner.

I would never order anything choc/peppermint, the idea of that flavour is like toothpaste to me.

I didn't see it as a foregone conclusion. *shrug* And making a sausage seemed a bit more complex than steaming a lobster tail, IMO.

All the food looked great. Worthy opponents on both sides.

I can't imagine cooking for that show. That had to be like a nine or ten hour day!

I'm glad it's over for another year. :)

Anyone ever eaten something cooked confit?

It looks like my worst nightmare, fat/oil, ick - fatty stuff makes me feel ill.
How do they get the residual grease off before serving? Or don't they?And does it penetrate and make it all oily inside?

I was a bit MEH by the end, it seemed like a foregone conclusion. I lost respect for them for playing the sympathy card too often, there was no way the show would let them lose after all the "we NEED this (or our life is over)" melodrama, but it failed to melt my icy heart, I was supporting Jake & Elle, who imo cooked more elaborate & interesting food.

Yep agree. The minute IVF was mention last week when Ben and Steph got into the finals I thought they are going to win. I'm kind of over the whole "We/I have a sad story. We/I need to win to make it all better".

Back