Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Anyone following this story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19887019

I'd never heard of him before CBB, wondered who this guy was that they were treating like a living legend.

Yes, I was reading about this the other day. I always thought he was a bit strange..gave out a weird vibe but I thought that long before reading any of this information. He seemed like a strange man. Interesting that they waited until he died to bring all of this up. A bit suspicious? I have no clue whether he is guilty or not but there seems like a lot of people putting their hands up saying they were victims too.

Michael O’Hare aka Commander Jeffrey Sinclair from Babylon 5

View attachment 29183

"All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear." - Commander Sinclair.

"No. We have to stay here. And there's a simple reason why. Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes, and - all of this - all of this - was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." - Commander Sinclair

B5 gave him some great lines, that's for sure.

May it have been Vorlons who met him rather than Shadows ...

regarDS

This is a pretty grim thing to subscribe to. Why not check for regular updates on something that is a bit more positive and emotionally satisfying? My father is obsessed with death and misery and I hate him more than anyone else I know. (But I don't hate you, you're avatar is cute)

Thanks for the free psych evaluation Jumpy. So glad you don't hate me, that's fantastic news.

...damn... I hate this... he was one of my most favourite actors when I was a kid... he was my hero in 'I dream of Jeannie' at the time... great comedic talent... I will sorely miss him... what a great bloke... R.I.P Larry Hagman... cheers.

But was she?
I mean really?

Born rich, married rich, and never had an actual job in her life................I would love to be wealthy enough to direct my own charities and decide where all my bags of money go too.

Yes she was a good woman, however she also had great privileges, thankfully she was one of those that understood with great privilege comes great responsibility.

603332-dame-elisabeth-murdoch.jpg
Dame Elisabeth Murdoch with children Rupert Murdoch, Anne Kantor and Janet Calvert-Jones during her 100th birthday celebrations.

Nice family photo. ^

But was she?
I mean really?

Born rich, married rich, and never had an actual job in her life................I would love to be wealthy enough to direct my own charities and decide where all my bags of money go too.

Yes she was a good woman, however she also had great privileges, thankfully she was one of those that understood with great privilege comes great responsibility.

Totally agree, she is a good woman but that is just like the many hundreds of thousands of ladies and men who freely donate their time to charitable causes. Think of all those lovely ladies and men working in the op shops around Australia the time they donate is invaluable.

Sir Patrick Moore

67010_503270213037989_547229993_n.jpg

Tributes have been paid to the "irreplaceable" British astronomer Sir Patrick Moore who has died aged 89.
The eccentric broadcaster passed away peacefully on Sunday at his home in Selsey, West Sussex, after being struck down by an infection.
His friend, Queen guitarist Brian May, said the world had "lost a priceless treasure that can never be replaced".
Sir Patrick inspired successive generations of stargazers with his television series The Sky At Night and wrote more than 60 books on astronomy.

He celebrated the 55th anniversary of the BBC program in April, with it becoming the longest running television series with the same presenter.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lif...ead-aged-89-20121210-2b453.html#ixzz2EiOPPm2T

...that's sad news on both accounts... Jack Klugman was as funny as... playing opposite Tony Randall in the 'Odd Couple' was a laugh-a-thon in each episode... Tony Randall's neat-freak character 'Felix Unger' seems to me to be what 'Sheldon's' persona was based on in 'The Big Bang Theory' all those years later to me... Klugman's portrayal of the messy slob of 'Oscar Madison' was magnificent comedic talent...

...I liked Charles Durning as an actor too... he wasn't a big time actor in the star roles but he was a great character actor... but some people don't really need to be a big star in a movie to make a great impression... I was amazed to read this about him on that link that you provided Taylia...

Then came World War II, and he enlisted in the Army. His combat experiences were harrowing. He was in the first wave of troops to land on Omaha Beach on D-Day and his unit’s lone survivor of a machine-gun ambush. In Belgium he was stabbed in hand-to-hand combat with a German soldier, whom he bludgeoned to death with a rock. Fighting in the Battle of the Bulge, he and the rest of his company were captured and forced to march through a pine forest at Malmedy, the scene of an infamous massacre in which the Germans opened fire on almost 90 prisoners. Mr. Durning was among the few to escape.

...what an amazing chain of events in his life... this part really got to me...

In the Parade interview, he recalled the hand-to-hand combat. “I was crossing a field somewhere in Belgium,” he said. “A German soldier ran toward me carrying a bayonet. He couldn’t have been more than 14 or 15. I didn’t see a soldier. I saw a boy. Even though he was coming at me, I couldn’t shoot.”

They grappled, he recounted later — he was stabbed seven or eight times — until finally he grasped a rock and made it a weapon. After killing the youth, he said, he held him in his arms and wept.

Mr. Durning said the memories never left him, even when performing, even when he became, however briefly, someone else.

...R.I.P Jack Klugman... R.I.P Charles Durning... thanks for the great memories... cheers.

Back