Skip to main content

Will you miss the show if this is the final season of the current era?

Wormow

With collapsing ratings just two days in, I think it's safe to say we're on a trajectory towards cancellation.

Are you going to miss the show (again) once it's over?

Are you glad it's over?

Will you rewatch the revived version that will be 30 second episodes on Tik Tok in a few years?

I would be sad if they didn't get one more season to at least try and fix the issues post covid. But I'm not surprised unfortunately. This was the worst version of big brother to exist.

A lot of shows ratings are down this year compared to last year except for MAFS which mind boggles me. If the show does get cancelled what is 7 going to replace it with? MKR? Fact is FTA is slowly dying as more people are watching shows via the streaming platforms than watching free to air. Everything I've heard is that 7 and a lot of people in the media industry who are not rusted on superfans still like the show. Even The Voice which was doing great ratings last year for 7 is down on numbers, so is Masterchef and Lego Masters.

If the show does get cancelled what is 7 going to replace it with? MKR? ..... Even The Voice which was doing great ratings last year for 7 is down on numbers, so is Masterchef and Lego Masters.
We still haven't heard a peep about the Australian Idol revival, which is supposedly happening this year as well.

With collapsing ratings just two days in, I think it's safe to say we're on a trajectory towards cancellation.

Are you glad it's over?

Will you rewatch the revived version that will be 30 second episodes on Tik Tok in a few years?
Well look I didn't think it was returning after the sucky last season 9 gave it and when 7 brought it back I didn't watch it as it wasn't the same format but instead Survivor in a house and was pre-recorded months earlier, so whatever.

I'm only watching this season to see the ogs come back. If it ends after fine. If 7 want to improve by getting rid of the survivor in a house format, giving us more video content and making it current then I'll continue to tune in after.

Are you glad it's over?

Nope won't miss it at all, my only wish was that channel 7 would drop it and possibly one day channel 10 would pick it up again. But I think with channel ten's lineup now they actually wouldn't be able to slot BB back into it's original viewing timeslot because of Masterchef. Oh well we can only dream of it being done by a station that can actually do it some justice and give back the respect that a show like "Big Brother" actually deserves.

Cheers!

I'd imagine at the moment it would slot in at the end of the year with the Bachelor(ette) clearly on it's way out.

I do think Seven will at least record one more series - even if it ends up being sacrificed versus MAFS it is doing a job for them rather than risking something new there.

I’m genuinely concerned that 7 will squat on the rights for another half decade like 9 did.
It’s not that 9 sat on the rights to the show during the hiatus but that they had first right of refusal… Meaning they either had to shit or get off the pot if there was interest from another network. It’s a minor legality not a major hurdle.

I think they need to fix the format. I liked the series that had them competing for groceries and weekly themes and tasks. The strategy and blindsiding isn’t interesting - only the players are interesting.

I think they made a mistake not just having all former players on this season. I’m not interested in the new players.

If it was cancelled, I would miss the forum and not the show.

Back