Skip to main content

Will you miss the show if this is the final season of the current era?

I think they need to fix the format. I liked the series that had them competing for groceries and weekly themes and tasks. The strategy and blindsiding isn’t interesting - only the players are interesting.

I think they made a mistake not just having all former players on this season. I’m not interested in the new players.

If it was cancelled, I would miss the forum and not the show.
The show is ruined by the fact that it’s pre-recorded… I think the fact that the show has made it this far shows there’s at least some interest in a more competitive format. The way it’s been packaged and sold to viewer is what’s clearly not working.

The show is ruined by the fact that it’s pre-recorded… I think the fact that the show has made it this far shows there’s at least some interest in a more competitive format. The way it’s been packaged and sold to viewer is what’s clearly not working.

Yeah I don't understand how 7 don't see what a big mess they've made in pre recording this.

Like the bbvip series. I didn't really tune in because I don't like 7s format but also I didn't care much for the celebs they showed but, when news was hitting of people arriving in Australia and so forth for it they were in the news and some were interested what they were doing here. If the series was current they then could have turned on big brother to see what they were up to here. There would have been more interest in the series! Instead because 7 were crap at planning people had to wait months to see why they were in Australia and by then a lot of people would have lost interest and no longer cared much about why those such as Caitlyn Jenner or whoever were here.

Also people would have been attracted to 7s website to when the episodes weren't on for extra content they're not seeing on tv just like the 9 and 10 days but 7 won't offer much that way either.

I think from the times it's been done in the US and on Survivor too the seasons mixing vets and newbies usually work better than full on All Stars. The trouble here is more the numerous underlying issues which largely stem from pre-recording and producers fixing things for their favourites and editing the show around them. The newbies were never going to get a look in with the way this show is put together.

@Poona Seven don’t see the mess because they don’t want to see the mess. They’ve had ample opportunity to make the necessary self-corrections and chose not to. We’ve been pretty vocal about how shitty the show has been as a pre-recorded format and they’ve been unwilling to make any concessions. Although another cancellation may seem like a loss in reality it’s a pretty big win for fans… It’s Seven’s loss.

What ratings does the show need to be viable? The numbers in Australia are so different than the US that I can’t tell what would be enough.

Do you think they will be making changes as the show airs?

@Poona Seven don’t see the mess because they don’t want to see the mess. They’ve had ample opportunity to make the necessary self-corrections and chose not to. We’ve been pretty vocal about how shitty the show has been as a pre-recorded format and they’ve been unwilling to make any concessions. Although another cancellation may seem like a loss in reality it’s a pretty big win for fans… It’s Seven’s loss.

Yeah plus remember the days when we heard something controversial happened in the house or someone walked or someone chucked something over the fence, etc and it reached the news headlines and so people would tune into big brother to see what happened. You can't do that with 7 version.

Yeah plus remember the days when we heard something controversial happened in the house or someone walked or someone chucked something over the fence, etc and it reached the news headlines and so people would tune into big brother to see what happened. You can't do that with 7 version.
I yelled over the fence to the housemates in ch7 series 2 and BB didn't even intervene. I think heaps of people would have done it

I think in September ch7 should say screw it and do a full old school series. Two houses side by side . One house filled with nooks. The other filled with bbau3 cast. First 4 evictions over 4 nights. 1 housemate from each side goes up for public vote. In week 2 there be 16 housemates left. Bring down the wall, next 70 days old school 1 eviction a week. Live feeds to come back and Friday night games. Live evictions plus crowds
It will rate really well and BB us saved, or we get sub 400k numbers , bbau dies and we can all move onto the new bbuk

The problem is, with a pre-recorded format, there’s no other way to monetise BB beyond ratings/advertising, and the reason ratings are low is the lack of audience engagement. I’ll never understand why BB has failed to exploit technology, they have moved backwards while the potential for growth has boomed. A live late night feed would no doubt cultivate water cooler moments that get some buzz going. They could monetise it by a subscription fee for the duration of the show that not only allows subscribers to vote, but there could be live Q and A sessions with HMs, and viewer interaction with challenges And tasks. Just imagine if the audience had control of the green and red buttons by voting for choices to impact the HMs. This would also keep the HMs on their toes so they’re motivated and engaged, and undermine any guarded and contrived “media savvy” influencer types who are too concerned with their image to be entertaining. And of course casting…there’s a massive problem with lazy casting (speaking of influencers). The reason the OGs are so well loved is because they were mostly genuine people carefully chosen to create a great dynamic, then left to their own devices rather than manipulated and micromanaged by producers who think they know better.

If 7 and production are wanting to keep this version of Big Brother going then they have to stop this half arsed Survivor type of show they are doing and either fully embrace the North American format and do it live and properly or just revert back to the original format where we the audience control who stays and who goes but same thing live shows, live feeds so we get to understand the housemates better.

Channel 7 BB isn’t BB to me. I wouldn’t miss it at all. Only reason I’m watching this season is for the returnees.
Same here.

Totally forgettable era due to the stupid format. This is just FNL show with evictions.

And yes, as what some said, I would've preferred if they returned all the former housemates. I'm not interested in the new players at all.

Who gets the rights next though? SBS?

Ha!
We’ll have to see how the ITV revival of BBUK works out… I imagine if they’re successful in their plans to restore BB to its “former glory” there’s a possibility Channel 10 could look at trying to replicate their success. Probably some time in 2024 or 2025.

I'm hoping Ten might give The Circle a try once the Netflix exclusivity, which had denied us numerous international versions, comes to an end.

I'm hoping Ten might give The Circle a try once the Netflix exclusivity, which had denied us numerous international versions, comes to an end.
If it’s not played out by the time Netflix is done with it… I’m starting to get the impression Netflix will probably pump out at least another two series before they call it quits. They still have an open casting call on the Netflix reality site and despite the fact that they gave up the apartment block in Salford they could easily recreate the apartments in a studio somewhere and recycle exterior shots.

Back