Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

Whats the state of the house? is it all still "up"?
Yeah, the house is pretty much kept together, they've covered the eye on the front of the house and the backyard is still up and the trailers to the right of the house.

Walking all around it seems that they've built it to be kept up until the next season. I have photos but need to wait till I get on my laptop to post in the House thread.

Yeah, the house is pretty much kept together, they've covered the eye on the front of the house and the backyard is still up and the trailers to the right of the house.

Walking all around it seems that they've built it to be kept up until the next season. I have photos but need to wait till I get on my laptop to post in the House thread.
Interesting. it must be costing a fortune in security to secure the site.

Aside from that the backyard walls are pretty shoddy. Its just MDF on a frame and no actual structure to them, would have thought more of a structural outer wall would have been put in place initially if that was what they planned to do.

Aside from that the backyard walls are pretty shoddy. Its just MDF on a frame and no actual structure to them, would have thought more of a structural outer wall would have been put in place initially if that was what they planned to do.
To be fair, they didn't know if it would be renewed when they built it. Now that it has, they might put up a more substantial structure depending on how long a lease they have secured. That they are aiming to tape before the end of this year suggests they are still unconvinced, so the dodgy srtucture will have to survive a bit longer.

“I actually thought they should bring somebody new into host it”

Feels Krugz.

It's nice that they said they are taking on feedback to improve the format for next season.

Hopefully next year is a cracker and it goes up a gear. This season has just about fizzled out for me. It has been very non-event for me in the last couple of weeks.

It's nice that they said they are taking on feedback to improve the format for next season.

Hopefully next year is a cracker and it goes up a gear. This season has just about fizzled out for me. It has been very non-event for me in the last couple of weeks.
It’s channel 7, don’t get your hopes up. The only way they will allow changes is if the show tanks. That’s when they “revamp”

Now that the 2020 season is done and dusted, did we ever uncover:

- Was Gretel ever offered the hosting role (as many reports suggested it was a done deal?)
- Had Gretel accepted and they disagreed with the format/direction of the show?

If Gretel was even brought in to discuss hosting for Seven, she would have abandoned it as soon as she understood how limited the role was going to be.

Gretel knows her value. She left after '07 because the network wanting to "diversify" her role. She took a stand and threatened to leave, they tried to call her bluff and she followed through. It was a boss move, she doesn't fuck around.

Back