• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Who will host in 2020?

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Very disappointed that Sonia is back to host, would honestly prefer Kyle Sandilands over her at this point.
LOL that's harsh!

I'm really not sure how much hosting it needs. Launch show to introduce the HMs and an eviction interview for each departure... and the finale. So a half day's work twice a week for the most part of taping, if you assume two evictions a week? I really hope they minimise her. Is Sonia based in Sydney usually?

miamiBRICE

LOL that's harsh!

I'm really not sure how much hosting it needs. Launch show to introduce the HMs and an eviction interview for each departure... and the finale. So a half day's work twice a week for the most part of taping, if you assume two evictions a week? I really hope they minimise her. Is Sonia based in Sydney usually?
If the rumours are true and it is pre-recorded, than yeah, probably not much use for a host anyway. I do hope it's live in some capacity, how are we supposed to decide the winner? Unless they go the Survivor route where only the finale is filmed live months later when the show airs, where the descision is made? I believe Sonia is based around Sydney from what I remember, not sure though.

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
how are we supposed to decide the winner? Unless they go the Survivor route where only the finale is filmed live months later when the show airs, where the descision is made?
They could just tape two endings/results at the time... have a public vote when it finally airs and roll the appropriate tape on the night. Complete with a fake audience a la The Circle US.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
It is gong to suck
And the generation applying watched the early 10 version as kids, they loved voting on the phone, they felt special

And they will apply and wonder why it feels so fake and crappy, and vacuous, so unlike that kid experience
Kid's had weird favourites, Hot Dog of course just having that name

My hope is that 7 will suck so bad, and 10 are just waiting for it to go around all the other commercial stations in sucky versions

And then, 10 is begged to please take it back cheaply and make a proper show

andrew_08

Long time fan of Big Brother - Since 01. I have a bad feeling 7 are about to produce the worst version of Big Brother yet. The most important factor of the show is that it is LIVE. Prerecorded Big Brother to me is simply not Big Brother. I'm also very much not on board with Sonia Kruger, she wasn't great on 9. I was excited it's coming back, but the more I hear about it, the less I want it.

Brekkie

Staff member
LOL that's harsh!

Worst case scenario would be she just records all the interviews with evictees once the final is done.

I don't think though she'll be there for interviews - I think it'll be hosting the competitions and eviction ceremonies as in the US, and with it being pre-recorded interviews will either be Survivor style post-credit affairs or simple short soundbites upon exiting the house.

Danny

Virgin Jamie
Awesome site donor
And with the rumour of Gretel’s asking price to return to hosting being “too high”. If I was Channel 7 I would give her what she wants. She is worth it. Gretel was an amazing host. The best we will ever have.
I agree, it'd feel very old-school big brother. The best.