Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

I had asparagus, salad, red wine. :) Not on a health kick, there was a fair amount of parm cheese and butter on the asparagus and some lovely olive oil on the salad. Generous serves of wine.

Now that I live alone I pig out on whatever. Fuck balanced meals. :)

I also now live alone and it is crazy hard to find food I like(fussy) and is economical enough to suit me after years of buying in bulk:/ Ham,cheese and lett. sandwich for tea tonight.

I'm having wine & the salty tears of job rejection.

.... and pasta :D
awww haha i can relate! having just easy bake chicken thighs and diff vegie dishes accompanying like corn and my fav zucchini and tomato thingy and some spud mash - ) simple easy

I had steak and salad tonight. I could probably be quite happy having that nearly every night :)

Well, sorry to be so boring but I had steak and salad again tonight. *sigh* My son and his girlfriend are coming over either tomorrow or the next day so there's sure to be a bit of variety in the not too distant future.

Then again, what more perfect meal to serve guests than steak and salad :) No fuss, it's easy, everyone likes it and clean up is bugger all. :)

I'm making Upside Down Rice Cake for dinner tonight - it was meant to be last night, but I didn't have enough rice. With a green salad on the side.

I tried some black pudding tonight. I saw it in the supermarket earlier and bought it, never had it before. Nice, needs to be in small doses though.

Used to love a bit of that eckythump/blood sausage when I was a kid before I really grasped how the concept of what it is - used to love it with tomato sauce.

I had ameretto biscuits & coffee, everyones out and I don't have to cook.....and I'm in love with my new coffee machine, and it was so cheap

Used to love a bit of that eckythump/blood sausage when I was a kid before I really grasped how the concept of what it is - used to love it with tomato sauce.

I had ameretto biscuits & coffee, everyones out and I don't have to cook.....and I'm in love with my new coffee machine, and it was so cheap

I just had a cup of tea and toast with lemon butter. I loveeeeeeeee lemon butter.

Well, sorry to be so boring but I had steak and salad again tonight. *sigh* My son and his girlfriend are coming over either tomorrow or the next day so there's sure to be a bit of variety in the not too distant future.

Then again, what more perfect meal to serve guests than steak and salad :) No fuss, it's easy, everyone likes it and clean up is bugger all. :)

I totally agree, and tonight am having just that. Screw anyone else who wants something else. :)

wasnt sure where to throw this... not really for dinner but anyway..
found this on facebook "Australian Sports Nutrition"
Margarita pops!
391579_10151467340465292_128965940_n.jpg

Late night treat?

Creamy Margarita Pops

1¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes), plus 3 limes to slice and place on top of paper cups
3 tablespoons raw honey
1 can of full fat coconut milk
3/4 cup water
¼ cup tequila
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice (about ½ an orange)
coarse sea salt, to sprinkle over limes

Pour lime juice and honey in a pitcher, or a bowl with a spout. Whisk until the honey is fully incorporated into the juice. Add coconut milk, water, tequila, and orange juice, whisk until combined. Pour into 12 paper cups, making sure to fill almost to the top. Slice the 3 reserved limes into 12 thin slices, about ¼ inch thick. Poke a popsicle stick through the center of each lime slice and place on top of cups. Freeze for, at least, five hours. When frozen, cut the paper cup off and sprinkle the exposed side of the lime with salt.

*If serving at a party, place on a platter of crushed ice. This recipe easily doubles, or triples.

-roger
via Paleo Dieting

Not a big Tequila fan but love the idea of the lime on top...omg imagine pina colada pops!

I want one of these
gal-land-cronuts3-496x620.jpg

chef-dominique-ansel-makes-his-one-of-a-kind-croissant-donut-hybrid.jpg

Cronuts, cross between a donut and a croissant
Also called Dossants - available in Melbourne at movida

Back