Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

Loving Amy Winehouse at the moment.

Also hubby downloaded a Velvet Revolver concert on DVD. It was awesome. (3 Gunners members with Scott from Stone Temple Pilots) MUCH better than Gunners with Axl. Have been flogging their album over and over. "Interstate Lovesong" is great and they do an awesome cover of Talking Heads "Psycho Killer"

Scott even sings the GNR's songs BETTER than Axl. Definitely my favourite band at the moment. :):):)

MOS(Ministry of Sound) - Mashed, Chill-out and Annual, plus the usual Portishead, Karnivool, Massive Attack, Sublime, and getting seriously into the reggaeton genre as well!

Last edited:
Loving Amy Winehouse at the moment.

Also hubby downloaded a Velvet Revolver concert on DVD. It was awesome. (3 Gunners members with Scott from Stone Temple Pilots) MUCH better than Gunners with Axl. Have been flogging their album over and over. "Interstate Lovesong" is great and they do an awesome cover of Talking Heads "Psycho Killer"

Scott even sings the GNR's songs BETTER than Axl. Definitely my favourite band at the moment. :):):)

That's because Scott is a GOD!!! Albeit a rather fcuked up one, but still...it's Scott Weiland! :D

*sighs*

*drools*

I know I'm gonna get flack for this one, haha, but I've prepared myself. I've said I'm a Disney fan/freak through and through, and naturally, pertaining to my job, musicals, and opera is right up my alley way. Right now, I'm listening to the Original Broadway Cast Recording of 'The Little Mermaid'. Basically, it had its online debut last night while the show officially opened on Broadway.
Gosh, I tell you... some of the new songs written for the show are just so much fun, and so beautiful! And Titus Burgess who plays 'Sebastian' is incredible, I just love what he's done with 'Kiss the Girl'. Okay then, you can throw stones now.

Hey, Disney songs are OK. They are written by decent composers. It's better than the Dreamworks hodge podge "let's play stuff by different pop stars" approach.

Mazzy Star
Hendrix
The Doors
Jefferson Airplane (lather)
Future Cop
PJ Harvey (tales from the city tales from the sea, the best album!)
Imogen Heap
The Hank Dogs
New Order
Suzanne Vega
The Stone Roses
The Under Ground Lovers

Spice Girls Greatest Hits... hahahahahhahahahhahahahahha totally loving it.... do yourself a favour, get it, turn it up, dance your ass off

la, la , la la lalalalala

Power to the world!
Spice up your life!
Everyboy everygirl!
Spice up your life!
people of the world!
Spice up your life!
aaaggghghghhhh

(the kids across the road thought I was nuts cos I was dancing in my car tonight when I got home) :D:D:D:D:D:D

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la ... la, la, la, la, la, la laaaah ... :p

swing it, shake it, move it, make it, who do you think you are?????

I wanna go to the concert!

^^ I agree!

Also listening to the soundtrack to the Japanese animated movie from Studio Ghibli, 'Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi'... otherwise known as its English title, 'Spirited Away'.

I've loved the film with all my heart from the moment I first saw it years ago, and I think I've loved the soundtrack even more. It's just got these wonderful flavours in it that add so much more to the already beautiful orchestral music written by Joe Hisaishi.
I started listening to it again today, after a long rest, and I realised all over again how evokitive it is... truly magnificent... and quite beautifully peaceful at times too.

Last edited:
I was in Borders the other day, and I heard this:
[youtubevid]60vps0QCbNU[/youtubevid]

At first I was mortified - Two Shots of Happy is a U2 B side. But I think it's OK now, simply because I think it's a great song, completely undersold by U2 (probably because Bono had the ridiculous dream that Frank Sinatra would sing it!!!). Apparently it was a hit in Canada.

But just OK - the U2 version is much better. This rates as one of my favourite ever U2 songs. (BTW, this is the first time I've posted a video of that other Bono. :)

[youtubevid]wHNVZDW9eQs[/youtubevid]

LOL at "that other Bono"

One of the most interesting concerts i went to was U2's. When they came out of that massive Lemon i must say I was impressed.

taking a trip down memory lane...

Pony - Ginuwine

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWh8XKvsYqc

Return of the Mac - Mark Morrison

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

You lied to me
All those times I said that I loved you
You lied to me
Yes, I tried, yes, I tried
You lied to me
Even though you know I'd die for you
You lied to me