Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

A guy at work just sold me "ELO - The Hits" for $15.

There's no "Don't bring me down Bruce", I don't think, so maybe I should get my money back.

On the upside, there's "Telephone Line", "Strange Magic", "Evil Woman" and "Livin' Thing".

:)

oh I went to school with a Bruce, and would sing that too him constantly. He hated me.

Don't know what you mean. What Peter Gabriel video is similar?

"Sledgehammer"? I saw that on Saturday morning Rage about 3 weeks ago (election day).

Just before that they played an awsome Kate Bush video from the 80s - the one with the rain machine and what looks like Donald Sutherland in the clip.

So I was hoping for the "Don't Give Up" video to round it off but it didin't happen.

Oh, and re the Chilli Peppers, don't you think all their music just sounds the same these days?
Nah.
Peter Gabriel has a song that is about a baby about to get 'aborted'.
It's got freaky music.
'Mama' or maybe it was Phil Collins,I get those two mixed up.

[youtubevid]xZ9kBQrZXOI[/youtubevid]

Freak - Silverchair

Best oz clip...EVA.

[youtubevid]vHFhmzaTnHI[/youtubevid]

Cosmic Girl - Jamiroquai

[youtubevid]gJmX1z1NY2c[/youtubevid]

Virtual Insanity

Nah.
Peter Gabriel has a song that is about a baby about to get 'aborted'.
It's got freaky music.
'Mama' or maybe it was Phil Collins,I get those two mixed up.

They're very different. But both former lead singers of "Genesis".

I could watch that Jamiroquai clip over and over again Alko. I'd love to know if he had a bloopers reel to it where he fell over the couch or crashed into the walls. But then again he moves so fluidly that he probably didn't.

I love Jamiroquai :D

I think this is one of the best Aussie clips ever. (Pure coincidence that ackbar just posted them too!).

Something For Kate - De ja vu

[youtubevid]Olg_ZbclCS0[/youtubevid]

I could watch that Jamiroquai clip over and over again Alko. I'd love to know if he had a bloopers reel to it where he fell over the couch or crashed into the walls. But then again he moves so fluidly that he probably didn't.

I love Jamiroquai :D

Molloch has anybody ever told you that you have great taste in music because...you do. ;)

She's got a loud boom box playing from her comby van at the Dromana drive in / market.

Molloch has anybody ever told you that you have great taste in music because...you do. ;)

LOL Thanks Alko, i'm pretty passionate about my music. It's all mood dependent of course but i do have a fairly broad range of music that i love. Mind you my favourite bands as a teenager were Culture Club :eek:, Duran Duran, The Police, Beastie Boys (yes they've been around that long). So I do have those embarrassing bands in my past ;) Not that the Beastie Boys or Police are embarassing but you get what I mean.
We pretty much have music playing most of the time. I sing and used to play guitar and sax, my partner's a drummer and we have a kit in the lounge room and my daughter is learning to play piano and has her own guitar and ukelele. We love music :D

She's got a loud boom box playing from her comby van at the Dromana drive in / market.

It's a panel van GB. ;) My partner has a ute and I have a panel van. And i do have a pretty awesome stereo system in my car that is fantastic to listen to the movies at the Dromana Drive In :D

Damn, I said panel van, then I changed it.

"Telephone Line" by ELO, at the moment. Too much, already.

[youtubevid]4YYWdGTDcDM[/youtubevid]

Believe again by Delta Goodrem

Not sure but has this song was sung by Celine Dion because it seems to have that Celine touch in it?

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.
It's a good song and clip though I must admit she's stunning in it!

The only thing though is the glitter makes me want to wipe my face!

I think this is one of the best Aussie clips ever. (Pure coincidence that ackbar just posted them too!).

Something For Kate - De ja vu

[youtubevid]Olg_ZbclCS0[/youtubevid]

I love that song/video.

But best Oz video? Geeze that's a tough one. Here's a few early-ish videos that stand out for me.

Hunters and Collectors - Talking to a Stranger (directed by Richard Lowenstein who has done some great vids/films). For a 1982 song/video it still stands up today IMHO.
[youtubevid]FyiYBajrefY[/youtubevid]

Do Re Mi (Deborah Conway) - Man Overboard. (I've always wanted someone to sing this on Idol, if only for the "pubic hairs on my pillow" lyric). Anyway, the video's a bit of a historical relic, which I like. Also has some fantastic mullets.
[youtubevid]dKqJRkW_Y9A[/youtubevid]

(I've just realised I must have a thing for songs with fantastic bass-lines.)

And, for classic Aus videos, and because I'm a Melbourne girl, you can't go past this one.

ACDC - Long Way to the Top
[youtubevid]H1iR2Wi3u5o[/youtubevid]

I think some Australian band should do a remake of this video going down the current Swanston St, just to show how much it has changed.

^^ Shit, you're right, it has changed!

I really can't stop listneing to Lux Aeterna from 'Requiem for a Dream'. Such an awesome peice of music. I've hear dit in all its many glorious incarnations, and have been practicing it on my keyboard for the night from 5.30! It really is something special on piano when it's done right, and with passion as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7Nji-zzhg&watch_response

... chilling. Mine doesn't sound quite the same yet, I've gone with a bit of a string arrangement, so it sounds a lot heavier. Practice makes perfect, so I'll be going at it all day tomorrow.

Last edited:
^ I love it. Very haunting. I think someone posted a clip of it in another thread as well. Can't remember which one though. :confused:

Anyway, here's another Aussie classic.

The Saints - Know Your Product

[youtubevid]wIzS8CUOgY4[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back