Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

I remember Andrew Denton played that song on the radio on the morning of 'September 11' when everyone was just waking up and in a state of shock. It seemed somehow appropriate and now everytime I hear it I think of that day. :(

yeah, I also connect that song with that time. Travis guest programmed rage the Saturday before September 11 and I taped it. Whenever the footage of that time got too much I switched and watched the Travis videos instead. They sort of seemed appropriately sad and necessarily distracting at the same time.

While we're on the subject of September 11:

Ryan Adams - New York New York
[youtubevid]YNMphsrBTJY[/youtubevid]

Last edited:
Those meanies on the Today show were being quite sarcarstic about the Spice Girls this morning...

yesterday once more - Carpenters

500 miles - Bobby Bare

Norah Jones

^ Oh, I LOVE the Carpenters! My favourite song of their's is Superstar. So sad, but such a beautiful song. :eek:

^ Yes superstar is lovely. Actually I like their 'Please Mr Postman' also :eek:

I really luuuurrrve the Carpenters.

Not sure I should admit to that, lol...

Well, they may be a bit cheesy, but I think there's only two kinds of music. Good and bad, and The Carpenters are good! :)

Kids put Neighbours on so to drown it out I'm wearing headphones and listening to the best of Alan Parsons Project.

Listening to the In Rainbows bonus disk. Highlights: Down is the New Up, Go Slowly and Last Flowers. It's great to finally have studio versions of Up on the Ladder and 4 Minute Warning.

Really good stuff.

Last edited:
Kids put Neighbours on so to drown it out I'm wearing headphones and listening to the best of Alan Parsons Project.

I could read your mind.....I could read your mind....I could read your mind....

Today is the Led Zeppelin reunion and I'm missing it :(, so I'm consoling myself with my two favourite Zep albums, I and IV. It's wall to wall Zeppelin today. Prepare yourselves! :p

Today is the Led Zeppelin reunion and I'm missing it :(, so I'm consoling myself with my two favourite Zep albums, I and IV. It's wall to wall Zeppelin today. Prepare yourselves! :p

Sounds good to me...was wondering what to listen to...might even play Robert Plant's Manic Nirvana - fantastic album...:)

Hey, that must be why they had an "A to Z" of Led Zeppelin in the paper yesterday. It was pretty cool reading actually. I especially like the Tolkien references in some of their music. (But then, they're midlanders, like Tolkien himself).

Apparently they were notorious party animals as well...surprise surprise

I'll have to get out my old Dread Zeppelin tape then.
Zeppelin sung by an Elvis impersonator, to a Reggae beat.
It works surprisingly well.

Oooh, which paper was that GB?

And who is this Dread Zeppelin? Should I Google them, or should I just post another picture? ....

Melbourne, circa 1972 perhaps? ...

melbourne72_1.jpg

:p

Back