Skip to main content

What damned song can't you get out of your head today?

the edited version is that I'm no fan of Pink, either her music and her political pronounciamuntos.

Sure, I might agree in a global sense with some of what she says, the problem is she doesn't really mean it, and it's about commercial gain.

Exhibit A - her U turn over sheep mulesing and attempting to blame PETA, when it looked as though it might affect her record sales here.

Exhibt B - she slams airy headed pop stars for low class music vids, and releases the same style videos herself!

But it's no big deal, thanks for saying that. Just because one is outspoken doesn't mean one has sprouted a pair of horns and a forked tail overnight and is clutching a pitchfork. So feel free to disagree, lol.

So the result was someone who is a Pink fan is now not talking to me, oh well. But like I said, I probably should have handled things a whole lot differently.

:)

Some people are way more sensitive about their obsessions. I don't take offence at others having different views. It what makes us all so wonderfully different. :D

the edited version is that I'm no fan of Pink, either her music and her political pronounciamuntos.

Sure, I might agree in a global sense with some of what she says, the problem is she doesn't really mean it, and it's about commercial gain.

Exhibit A - her U turn over sheep mulesing and attempting to blame PETA, when it looked as though it might affect her record sales here.

Exhibt B - she slams airy headed pop stars for low class music vids, and releases the same style videos herself!

But it's no big deal, thanks for saying that. Just because one is outspoken doesn't mean one has sprouted a pair of horns and a forked tail overnight and is clutching a pitchfork. So feel free to disagree, lol.

So the result was someone who is a Pink fan is now not talking to me, oh well. But like I said, I probably should have handled things a whole lot differently.

:)

goldenberry, these forums are desinged for people to discuss and get passionate about their own opinions. Unless this person was a close friend i am sure friendship will be stronger in time once time passes. If this person was jut another forum member, then dont lose any sleep over it.

I dont like Pink that much myself and that song has be lodged in my head because of the song itself not because of Pink. It didn't matter who had sung it.

BTW it still is the song that stuck in my head atm.

...you've come a long way, from whiskey and cocaine.

let me tell you about hard work.
minimum wage with a baby on the way
re-building your house, cause the bombs blew them away.
making a bed out of a cardboard box

sorry, see all of that in my head........

beautiful girls - lets take the long way home great acoustic song...

Actually while im on the music thread, what are some great acoustic songs to play at a 21st?

Forever Young by Bob Dylan. A little bit corny in parts, but so beautiful.

I agree wholeheartedly about Pink. She's 'rebel lite'. She actually got her start as one of those 'bimbo' R 'n B divas until she decided to differentiate herself and become 'hardcore'. Please!

By the way, since the song lyrics thread is closed, I'll just post these here. It's Woodie Guthrie. I just found them in a song book yesterday. They just floored me.

Was a high wall there that tried to stop me
A sign was painted said: Private Property,
But on the back side it didn't say nothing -
That side was made for you and me.

Aghhhh, there it goes, the intro is just starting up in my head again...

It's "Moonlight Shadow" by Mike Oldfield and Maggie Riley!

:D
OMG just read your post Goldenberry and now I cant get to sleep..Moonshadow by cat stevens spinning around my head..."I cant get it out of my head" oh oh...next on list is Kylie minogue...oops problems...I have 2 songs spinning in there simultaneously....seriously!!!!
Thanks Goldenberry:rolleyes:

How about "Oh very young" by Cat Stevens, now that's spinning in my head!

As long as it's not "Red Red Wine" by UB40, at the moment.

:eek:

People will think I'm crazy, but you won't believe the tune that keeps playing in my head today.

It's the theme tune to "The Midsummer Murders" on ABC, started watching that on Sunday nights.

:eek:

Back