• David's apology was bad

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I'm on the fence and need more pictures of Lisa's boobs for... research

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters
All he needed to say...
'Sorry it was a shitty thing to say, I got caught up with the boys and it was insensitive'
Not that hard, but apparently it was for David.
'Sorry you're upset' is a quick way to piss off 100% of the females in the house.

If this should be the way it is, no one should be talking about anyone, whether it be body, personality, character, actions, whatever.

Talking about a person's personality etc is completely different. By all means if someone's a dick or does something shitty, call them out on it. But to objectify someone like that and make that sort of negative comment is a big no in my book. Especially because body image is such a huge problem for so many people. It can be really damaging to hear that kind of thing.

And everyone who's saying "oh, she asked in the pool, she him permission to objectify her" no, she didn't. No one gives permission to be objectified, what the hell.

Davids body language when he "called over" Lisa was like he was a manager addressing an employee - not emotional, just calculated. I was glad he just did his straight " sorry if I made you feel bad" and glad he didn't try to win her over with words of comfort which he obviously doesn't feel for her. Fair enough.

But one thing I saw last night is perplexing me - tell me if I'm the only one who feels this way -

Mr Dion at the party is with Katie and Lisa being all "whoa when I heard it being said... I didn't think it was nice"... and then last night in the sauna with the guys he basically said he saw nothing wrong with the boys conversation. Contradiction? A player?

I'm not convinced where Dion stands in my book.

This whole situation is about her insecurity (at least he didn't say she had the flattest ass), and what Travis said about her boobs was just as bad or worse (why is he not being called out?). Wonder what dear Travvy would say if he heard the women saying he would poke anything with a pulse?

With all of this talk about Lisa's upper body and boobs I think we have forgotten something very important- what are her legs and arse like?

hahahha

This whole situation is about her insecurity (at least he didn't say she had the flattest ass), and what Travis said about her boobs was just as bad or worse (why is he not being called out?). Wonder what dear Travvy would say if he heard the women saying he would poke anything with a pulse?
Um what? He SAID something about HER body.
How is it her fault?
Smh.

Talking about a person's personality etc is completely different. By all means if someone's a dick or does something shitty, call them out on it. But to objectify someone like that and make that sort of negative comment is a big no in my book. Especially because body image is such a huge problem for so many people. It can be really damaging to hear that kind of thing.

And everyone who's saying "oh, she asked in the pool, she him permission to objectify her" no, she didn't. No one gives permission to be objectified, what the hell.
lol the posts in here have me totally blank.
It's really a black and white issue.

It's good that he apologised... although his apology did seem to be a bit about self-preservation, and a little less about genuine remorse than it should have been.

He was not the only person involved in that conversation though... perhaps any guys who made negative comments (ie. about sagging breasts) should have also stepped up, rather than hanging David out to dry on his own over it.

I don't buy the part about how the girls shouldn't have been listening. It's the Big Brother house... those guys were talking at the tops of their voices, and the walls have ears.

Two things that struck me about the whole thing.....

1. As said above in Consuelas wonderful transcript (thanks!) the whole boys conversation in the bedroom seemed a contrived here is a question the jumped in audience wants you to answer.... At the time the whole conversation started it seemed way too forced and scripted. I think they were forced to start a conversation to deliberately cause tension somehow... Alex must have been rubbing his hands with glee that it worked.

2. Whilst I think the whole apology was awkward, Lisa lost her argument with as a strong woman I take offence.... Why is she only offended about what was said about her breasts, and not about the whole conversation and the pros and cons about the other girls. If you make a feminist stand on an issue, surely you can't pick and choose which comments in a shallow discussion about (to use Travis's irritating comment from the same night) "Banging Bod's" to take offence to.

Something isn't all 100% with David.

Strong C type personality.
He is a weirdo
This may very well be true but does that make what he said worse than what Travis said ? I think not.
lol the posts in here have me totally blank.
It's really a black and white issue.
Right it was a fine convo in the afternoon when she heard what she wanted, but horrible at night when she didn't hear what she wanted about herself.

Right it was a fine convo in the afternoon when she heard what she wanted, but horrible at night when she didn't hear what she wanted about herself.
I can't even be bothered to explain how completely different these situations are...really? It's because of her insecurities?

Um what? He SAID something about HER body.
How is it her fault?
Smh.
It is her fault because she is belaboring the topic. He apologized for what he said, and what he said really wasn't that bad. He basically said her boobs weren't as nice as Cat's, he didn't say they were bad. Lisa works in a strip joint she has to be used to not having the best boobs in the room.

2. Whilst I think the whole apology was awkward, Lisa lost her argument with as a strong woman I take offence.... Why is she only offended about what was said about her breasts, and not about the whole conversation and the pros and cons about the other girls. If you make a feminist stand on an issue, surely you can't pick and choose which comments in a shallow discussion about (to use Travis's irritating comment from the same night) "Banging Bod's" to take offence to.
I think Lisa probably got significantly angrier the minute David started excusing his behaviour which really wasn't possible excusing.
People do inexcusible behaviour, ok that's fine but at least just simply apologise for it.
He didn't, whether or not it was because he's socially awkward or actually just an arrogant prick but 'boys will be boys' was never going to go down well.
I don't think the house should hold it against him.
But in this situation, it's 100% his fault Lisa has reacted the way she did, I think people are overlooking this simply because Lisa has a testing personality (which is true) but she's done nothing wrong.

Back