• David's apology was bad

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I'm on the fence and need more pictures of Lisa's boobs for... research

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters
What he said was sexist pig boy talk.
How she reacted was over emotional insecure entitled brat girl.

David needed to turn this on her and get all huffy about her eavesdropping on a private conversation when she didn't act like a woman and continued to whinge and whinny like a little girl.

Reactions: Jon
The Pool

*Mike - "David has been asked [by cat] to make up his perfect girl."*
David - "I'll take Sandra's personality, I like Aisha's freckles but um I'd take Lisa's physique.."
Lisa - "Aww thanks.. that's nice."
David - "That's all right... And I'd take your [Cat] legs."
Cat - "Yep. So what did you mean by physique then?"
David - "Upper body..."
Lisa - "Tits ahahaha..."
David - "....no no no not tits like everything..."
Lisa - "...and shoulders."
David - "...the midriff and arms."

The Bedroom

Lawson (reading from a page provided by BB) - "What is the first thing you notice about a woman?"
Ryan - "What is the first thing you notice about a chick?"
Dion & Others - "Smile."
(?) - "Legs."
Ryan - "Mine's eyes."
Dion - "I reckon maybe eyes actually."
Jake - "Legs, I reckon it's legs."
Sam - "Thank god I'm not a chick hahaha or maybe you might like it ahaha."

*scene cut*
David - "I would take, I didn't say this cos Lisa was there, but I would take Cat's breasts on top of Lisa's."
Lawson - "Ooo.. Lucky you didn't say that."
Travis - "Cat's breasts are way better than Lisa's."
Sam - "Yeah I totally agree."
Ryan - "Are they? Are they real?"
David(Dion?) - "She didn't go doubles I think. That's what I overheard. No doubles."
Travis - "Lisa's are amazing."
David - "They're good but they're pretty low aren't they?"
Travis - "They sag a bit."
David - "Yeah they do."

*Lisa - "OMG they're just bitching about my breasts."*
David - "I think Katie's got the best, and they're real. They're fantastic."

The Lounge - Part 1

Cat - "How you feeling about last night?"
David - "I'm... I still have to talk to her about it. But I don't really... I don't care... like... not that I don't care.. I never like to see a girl crying that's never my intention in any way.. I just... think it's be dealt with totally the wrong manner sort of things, hopefully she comes to me otherwise I'll give her the option. But uh.."
Cat - "I don't think it's going to affect the females in the house more."
David - "Yeah and as I said...you know... I was in a conversation with boys just boys being boys and that wasn't the only thing said that just happened to be the point in time that someone was eavesdropping at the door.. you know."
Cat - "Yeah we technically were in the wrong too we shouldn't have done that. I know how I would feel if the tables were turned. Can you image the blow up if you guys were listening at our door? It would have been 'OMG invasion of privacy blah blah blah'."
David - "I don't care that you were at the door in all honesty, girls will be girls, boys will be boys. Boys will talk about the girls, girls will do things like that and it's you know nature. I understand that... But um yeah just maybe the wrong thing was said at the wrong time and the wrong person's ear was at the door."

The Lounge - Part 2

David - "Lise?"
Lisa - "Yeah..."
David - "Can I have a minute of your time... I won't ask for anything more than a minute."
Lisa - "I'm still like a little bit emotional, I don't know if I want to like..."
David - "I totally understand I don't wanna talk about it... I just wanna... just have quick word with you sort of thing."
Lisa - "Eugh I knew that was going to happen."
David - "I'd appreciate it that's all... I um... obviously I heard a lot through the grapevine and things like that and I don't know what... I haven't heard the truth and everything... it's all bits and pieces from people so I understand I've upset you, ok, so firstly I just want to apologise. It was never my intention to make someone upset. I don't want to talk about it now... I want... to give you the time to prepare yourself or whatever. I'd love you to come talk to me... um... you don't have to, you can take another way and totally forget about it that's your decision and I'll respect that. But, I would love to.. you know.. at some point hopefully sit down as two mature adults have a honest conversation, hash it out, have a chat, hopefully clear the slate sort of thing. But as I said it is entirely up to you... I don't expect you to talk about it now as you said you're emotional or whatever.. go away... just know that I am happy to talk to you at any time regardless of what I'm doing."
Lisa - "But you're saying sorry, but what are you sorry... what are you... sorry for if you don't know what you did. You know what you did..."
David - "I'm sorry because..."
Lisa - "...are you sorry you got busted or are you sorry that..."
David - "No no I'm sorry that you are upset."
Lisa - "I'm... It's not about the comment right, it's about the context as well. So there are two parts to this the; first part is what you said to me in the pool was that you said 'I'm not saying this just cos you're here but I like your upper body right'."

*flashback pool scene*​

Lisa - "Then when you got in that room with all the boys you were like 'oh I just said it to her cos she was there, but like you know she thinks her tits are great but they're not'."

*flashback bedroom scene*​

Lisa
- "Which is completely inappropriate, right. To talk to me like... about me like that in the first place, and you were mean like that's not a nice thing to say about anyone, right. Let alone to say one thing to my face and then go in with the boys and put me on show and, you know what. I'm not used to being treated like that I don't have men like you in my life, right. Men that are in my life are protective and caring and are like my brothers, like I am one of the boys, you know so this is a different situation for me. To be put into a house with people and then to be, you know, sexually vilified because of my breasts or because of, you know. I'm so much more than that.. and I just thought that it was mean. Listen, if I could take back standing at the door and listening I would, I would 100%, because you know what sometimes you don't want to hear what people actually think of you, you know. So your behaviour to me was um... not only inappropriate but shows the type of person that you are and you are not somebody that I would ever associate with. And if we were on the outside of the world and this had happened I wouldn't even.. I would just like 'yeah cool'... but cos we're in here obviously it intensifies things. And yeah I was super... I was super upset about.."
David - "I totally understand."
Lisa - "...and you know, you said it in a room full of people that um some of them you know I do care about. And um I just don't think it's nice, you know you don't have to um... it's not... it's not necessarily about the comment it's about the fact that it's two faced, that you used me as a stepping stone to try and look cool in front of your mates."
David - "Ok can I have a moment to um... what I said to you in the pool.. I think think you've heard some things that we've said that I honestly I do believe you've heard it .. maybe the wrong way. Because what I said to the boys was it was your upper body I preferred and again I don't like talking about this cos it's... it is you know inappropriate but it was 'I prefer Cat's breasts' that's what I said. The reason I didn't say that out there is because you were both there and I thought that would be inappropriate."
Lisa - "I know, totally but then you don't go back into a room of boys and repeat it and say well I told her that I would pick her but the truth is..."
David - "No no no I did pick you I still picked you in there."
Lisa - "I don't even care who you picked I don't want you talking about me like that. I don't want you using me as a means for you to have boy chat and get into the cool group because I find it completely inappropriate."
David - "Ok I'm just going to say to you that boys will be boys when they're around.."
Lisa - "So someone said that about you sister how would you feel?"
David - "I know, I wouldn't be happy but I don't I..."
Lisa - "So ok that's where I'm at."
David - "I get ya and I understand why you're upset and I understand this is. you know, not going to resolve or anything like that if that's how but..."
Lisa - "Yeah but you don't have to like me... you know it doesn't bother me.. but you do have to be respectful of me."
David - "Totally, totally. It's just.."
Lisa - "That's how this works you know."
David - "Yeah well I agree... look I have probably done the wrong thing but I'm gonna say, and I'm not trying to pass the buck, I'm not alone ok... that's a lot of... I'm not alone in... you know, it wasn't just me. I've spoken to many of the boys and they don't think anything I said in there was you know anything..."
Lisa - "That's fine this wasn't about them it was about me and I don't mind how they see it..."
David - "The next thing then..."
Lisa - "...because of the boy code and all the rest of the bullshit that you guys go on with but the truth of the matter is as a female and as a um strong female I take offence to it."
David - "All I will say and I'll drop the subject is I apologise sincerely ok. I will take everything you said on-board. I don't expect you to trust me or anything like that's fine, I don't expect you to go and my best friend in here ok. I understand, I'm a realist. But I want you... I never like to see a lady cry ok so that I apologise for, I don't like seeing you upset."
Lisa - "Cool."

Last edited:
I think his apology was kind of shitty, although he did seem to mean it when he said he was sorry for hurting her feelings. I don't think he was sincere about being sorry for anything else though - as he said "boys will be boys". I do think Lisa was right to tell him off about it but more so just because he needs to learn an important lesson from this - not to be a prick!

Lets use bullet points:

David
  • Shouldn't have said what he did and should have known better about the boundaries he was crossing.
  • Did not intend any malice, and was caught up in an awkward situation to try and bond with other boys, but
  • He gave a really crappy non-apology which compounded the situation.
But also...
  • Most of the boys are just as guilty as David, and
  • They totally sold David out, particularly Dion who afterwards said to Lisa "I would never talk about a girl like that" (lies!)
  • In my eyes this is even worse behavior than David.
But also...
  • Lisa is allowed to be angry at David, but the way she responded to the situation was childish
  • When David suggested they discuss things, her response was a sarcastic, exaggerated sigh and "I knew this would happen". If she wasn't ready to talk about it she should have explained that.
  • To spitefully bitch about David behind his back after he did try to patch things up (albeit badly) is a huge fault in character.
  • If she believes her brothers have never talked about women like that, she's deluded about how men operate (and I'm not condoning that behaviour, merely pointing out that it happens).

"Sorry you were upset" isn't a good apology, at all.

Being a boy does not give you a free pass to be a shit person. I'm very glad that Lisa stood her ground.

I have multiple issues with these statements.
David did not say "sorry you were upset". He open heartedly said he was sorry he made her upset and made her feel that way. He admitted it was not his intention to hurt anyone. If you're going to quote someone, do it right.

Because he makes one comment he is now a shit person? If this is what constitutes a shit person then we are all absolute pieces of SHIT. Because every human being has said something inappropriate/not nice before.

And the worst bit is that you believe Lisa stood her ground.
If Lisa felt that a conversation about her/other women's bodies was inappropriate then she should have asked the conversation to stop when it first started in the pool. THAT would have been standing her ground. Its simple to say "this conversation makes me feel uncomfortable so I'd like to ask you to stop" or simply get out of the pool and leave. But she didn't stop the conversation then because she liked where it was heading. She liked hearing his answers and getting a confidence boost. She was asking questions and provoking the situation.

IMO David couldn't win. He apologised and even said he would be willing to take her feelings into consideration and not do it again. What more could Lisa want? Him to kiss her feet?

Let's remember Lisa manages a strip club. She is surrounded by men eye boggling women every single day. Yet she chooses to be in that situation. Just as she did in this instance.

Now my least favourite housemate :)

The Pool

*Mike - "David has been asked [by cat] to make up his perfect girl."*
David - "I'll take Sandra's personality, I like Aisha's freckles but um I'd take Lisa's physique.."
Lisa - "Aww thanks.. that's nice."
David - "That's all right... And I'd take your [Cat] legs."
Cat - "Yep. So what did you mean by physique then?"
David - "Upper body..."
Lisa - "Tits ahahaha..."
David - "....no no no not tits like everything..."
Lisa - "...and shoulders."
David - "...the midriff and arms."

The Bedroom

Lawson (reading from a page provided by BB) - "What is the first thing you notice about a woman?"
Ryan - "What is the first thing you notice about a chick?"
Dion & Others - "Smile."
(?) - "Legs."
Ryan - "Mine's eyes."
Dion - "I reckon maybe eyes actually."
Jake - "Legs, I reckon it's legs."
Sam - "Thank god I'm not a chick hahaha or maybe you might like it ahaha."

*scene cut*
David - "I would take, I didn't say this cos Lisa was there, but I would take Cat's breasts on top of Lisa's."
Lawson - "Ooo.. Lucky you didn't say that."
Travis - "Cat's breasts are way better than Lisa's."
Sam - "Yeah I totally agree."
Ryan - "Are they? Are they real?"
David(Dion?) - "She didn't go doubles I think. That's what I overheard. No doubles."
Travis - "Lisa's are amazing."
David - "They're good but they're pretty low aren't they?"
Travis - "They sag a bit."
David - "Yeah they do."

*Lisa - "OMG they're just bitching about my breasts."*
David - "I think Katie's got the best, and they're real. They're fantastic."

The Lounge - Part 1

Cat - "How you feeling about last night?"
David - "I'm... I still have to talk to her about it. But I don't really... I don't care... like... not that I don't care.. I never like to see a girl crying that's never my intention in any way.. I just... think it's be dealt with totally the wrong manner sort of things, hopefully she comes to me otherwise I'll give her the option. But uh.."
Cat - "I don't think it's going to affect the females in the house more."
David - "Yeah and as I said...you know... I was in a conversation with boys just boys being boys and that wasn't the only thing said that just happened to be the point in time that someone was eavesdropping at the door.. you know."
Cat - "Yeah we technically were in the wrong too we shouldn't have done that. I know how I would feel if the tables were turned. Can you image the blow up if you guys were listening at our door? It would have been 'OMG invasion of privacy blah blah blah'."
David - "I don't care that you were at the door in all honesty, girls will be girls, boys will be boys. Boys will talk about the girls, girls will do things like that and it's you know nature. I understand that... But um yeah just maybe the wrong thing was said at the wrong time and the wrong person's ear was at the door."

After reading over the bedroom scene again, it really wasn't as bad as Lisa made it out to be. I think David got thrown under the bus a bit by the boys. I mean Travis was even worse than David, but I understand why Lisa was upset with him because he was the one to bring up her boobs in the first place. However, I don't think any of the girls should have asked him to make up his perfect woman from the house because what did they expect he would say? I don't think it was right to talk about her like that but the boys are going to talk about everyone in that manner at some stage and at the end of the day she shouldn't have been listening. I didn't think his apology was great but there wasn't much else he could say, although he ruined it he went to the boys in the sauna and said he just agreed with her so it was over basically.

Lisa's overly sensitive about her body because she secretly hates herself.
David says awkward and rude things to fit in and be liked because he hates himself.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-20173-1377271873-25.gif

There really is no coming back from:

David: 'But they're pretty low, aren't they??" (complete with low-hanging gesture to his own torso, which mercifully Lisa has yet to see)

The fact that Ole Beardy prefaced his query for confirmation of the unsatisfactory status of a housemate's breasts with "They're good" is irrelevant, after the "but". Though I do think it odd that Travis skates by, having said "They sag a bit." And "Cat's breasts are way better than Lisa's," which got David rolling. And all the blokes who said, "Yeah, yeah," etc, get off scott-free.

His apology would have gone down better if he'd been less defensive prior to her approach, with an attitude of I've done nothing wrong but I'll let her come to me and sort it out if she wants, and less defensive in his attitude when she did approach.

"I'm really sorry you overheard that," would have been a good start. ("We were being dicks," as an optional extra; that would require a bit of self-awareness, so scrap that.) "I am really, really sorry I hurt your feelings," said from a place of sincerity, also, would have been good.

YASSSSSS @Consuela... bringing those receipts!!

David was asked to construct the perfect female and it was Lisa who first brought up "tits". So let's throw out the whole notion that she may have been uncomfortable with the conversation and felt objectified and even the sexism stuff. If it wasn't sexist in the pool then it sure as hell isn't sexist out of it. Lisa stated in their conversation that David said "I'm not saying this just cos you're here but I like your upper body". He even said after Lisa brought up tits "no no no not tits, like everything [shoulders] the midriff and arms."

So let's drop the bs and call it for what it was. She assumed he meant her breasts and even brought them up in the conversation. Despite David clarifying what he meant, she still walked away from the pool thinking he had picked her boobs over the other girls. How exactly was David supposed to win there? Say "no Lisa, not your tits, I actually like Cat's better" when Lisa prompted him about it? Come on now. Her ego is hurt and I can understand that but to not call out her buddy Travis if she's so hurt and to try to spin it into something that is not only not factual but supposed to be some greater reflection on society is a bloody joke. The only thing he did wrong in my opinion is to not call her out on her bullshit.

I have multiple issues with these statements.
David did not say "sorry you were upset". He open heartedly said he was sorry he made her upset and made her feel that way. He admitted it was not his intention to hurt anyone. If you're going to quote someone, do it right.

Because he makes one comment he is now a shit person? If this is what constitutes a shit person then we are all absolute pieces of SHIT. Because every human being has said something inappropriate/not nice before.

And the worst bit is that you believe Lisa stood her ground.
If Lisa felt that a conversation about her/other women's bodies was inappropriate then she should have asked the conversation to stop when it first started in the pool. THAT would have been standing her ground. Its simple to say "this conversation makes me feel uncomfortable so I'd like to ask you to stop" or simply get out of the pool and leave. But she didn't stop the conversation then because she liked where it was heading. She liked hearing his answers and getting a confidence boost. She was asking questions and provoking the situation.

IMO David couldn't win. He apologised and even said he would be willing to take her feelings into consideration and not do it again. What more could Lisa want? Him to kiss her feet?

Let's remember Lisa manages a strip club. She is surrounded by men eye boggling women every single day. Yet she chooses to be in that situation. Just as she did in this instance.

Now my least favourite housemate :)
:thumbsup:

Yes to this all.

I know it's pointed out that 'Travvy' was the one who said "they sag a bit", but I believe it was more a literal observation coming out of the mouth of dumb guy with no filter and was not intended to be hurtful. Basically he called it as he saw it.

The way David said "they're a bit low" with the hand signals and everything seemed more cruel. Like he was implying 'she's no good because of her tits'.
I don't like David, and unlike almost everyone else it's not because of the beard.

Travis does make me laugh, I can't picture him so seriously, and with that accent saying "they sag a bit" without laughing.

I know it's pointed out that 'Travvy' was the one who said "they sag a bit", but I believe it was more a literal observation coming out of the mouth of dumb guy with no filter and was not intended to be hurtful. Basically he called it as he saw it.

The way David said "they're a bit low" with the hand signals and everything seemed more cruel. Like he was implying 'she's no good because of her tits'.
I don't like David, and unlike almost everyone else it's not because of the beard.

Travis does make me laugh, I can't picture him so seriously, and with that accent saying "they sag a bit" without laughing.
I didn't get that implication at all.

Just to clarify, yes it was a shallow comment but it was a shallow conversation as a whole.

From a guy's perspective, you talk about girls like that, but it's inferred it doesn't sway your opinion on them as an actual human being.

You go in, knowing it's a shallow conversation. Are you essentially objectifying women? Yeah, you are. Does this mean you are a misogynist? No.

I think this goes the same for girls as well.

I havent watched it yet but what I can gather is David, Travis and whoever was in the spa talking about gurls and Lisa overheard what they said about her. She then did a Tully?

You cant tell me they wouldnt be having the same conversations about the guys penis sizes when the boys arent around. She also works in a strip joint as someone said so she cant use respecting women as an excuse.

I havent watched it yet but what I can gather is David, Travis and whoever was in the spa talking about gurls and Lisa overheard what they said about her. She then did a Tully?

You cant tell me they wouldnt be having the same conversations about the guys penis sizes when the boys arent around. She also works in a strip joint as someone said so she cant use respecting women as an excuse.
They were getting ready for a dinner party that night, and the chicks were sent to the parlour room and the blokes were hanging out in a bedroom(?) so both genders were separated.

The blokes were talking about the girls and the topic of Cats or Lisa's breasts came up. The wall between that room and the parlour room are quite thin, and that's when Lisa decided to eavesdrop on the,.

Everyone was right and everyone was wrong.

I'm having so many thoughts on all of this my head might burst.

Lisa's feelings got hurt, and David's back got up, and then Lisa's shoulders went up in high dungeon, and they both got on their high horses.... make it go away.

I'm still reeling from the sight of all those blokes in the sauna having a pec-off comp.

His apology was pretty shitty but I think that's because he thought she was primarily offended by him saying her breasts were low or whatever and he can't really just say "uh... I don't actually think they're low?"

Maybe that was the main issue for her, because she put a lot of emphasis on him lying to her in the pool but I think the greater problem was that he was talking about her body to the guys when it's really not his to be talking about like that. And I think he kind of understands that now? But I don't know.

His apology was pretty shitty but I think that's because he thought she was primarily offended by him saying her breasts were low or whatever and he can't really just say "uh... I don't actually think they're low?"

Maybe that was the main issue for her, because she put a lot of emphasis on him lying to her in the pool but I think the greater problem was that he was talking about her body to the guys when it's really not his to be talking about like that. And I think he kind of understands that now? But I don't know.
If this should be the way it is, no one should be talking about anyone, whether it be body, personality, character, actions, whatever.

It would make a pretty boring house. It would make you a pretty boring person actually.

Back