Skip to main content

TREAT YO SELF!!!

Yes, so much this. My parents say they see me so much more in the warmer months as most days I just happen to go over for a swim. I wish I had one of my own but I guess having access to one that I don't need to maintain in anyway is better.

Enjoy your trip @Insomniac - I'm a bit jeal. I know as a Sydney sider I'm not meant to like the GC area but I can't help it, I really do.

Good point! Though it would be nice to just have the pool there and randomly be able to have the choice to want to use it. I guess this way I am more likely to go to the beach as often as I can... That's a good thing, fresh air and skin is being exfoliated from the sand. I suppose there are many good pointers to not having a pool... The neighbours around the corner sound like they had a ball today though

I want a pool!

Why we bought a home without one, I don't know. I do love our home though. But I want to add a pool to it. And let's be realistic, it's going to be so expensive!
pools are wonderful when your kids are young enough to enjoy being at your home with you but once they start going out and about with friends they'll head off to the beach rather than swim at home and you get left with maintaining it.
We don't have a pool but a lot of the houses around us do ... I think probably 2 get used regularly in the summer and I suspect that's more because of the age of the children and the fact the house is leased out so they have a pool person maintaining it regularly and the cost is factored into the rent
Nothing beats a day in the surf and sun ... sandcastles, icecreams that melt before you can finish them, rock pools and kids that fall asleep straight after dinner exhausted and happy ;)

pools are wonderful when your kids are young enough to enjoy being at your home with you but once they start going out and about with friends they'll head off to the beach rather than swim at home and you get left with maintaining it.
We don't have a pool but a lot of the houses around us do ... I think probably 2 get used regularly in the summer and I suspect that's more because of the age of the children and the fact the house is leased out so they have a pool person maintaining it regularly and the cost is factored into the rent
Nothing beats a day in the surf and sun ... sandcastles, icecreams that melt before you can finish them, rock pools and kids that fall asleep straight after dinner exhausted and happy ;)
See that sounds really wonderful. Well the price of a pool is so ridiculous expensive and well we need to get through the mortgage first lol, that I'm grateful for the public swimming pools for the kiddies

See that sounds really wonderful. Well the price of a pool is so ridiculous expensive and well we need to get through the mortgage first lol, that I'm grateful for the public swimming pools for the kiddies
I just know I hear more people complaining about having to maintain a pool year round that only gets used for a few months a year ... or saying the kids never use it any more ...
I know I DO feel envious on days when its 40C and I can hear kids have a great time in the pool at the back of us ... but then more often than not one child starts whining ... then the shit hits the fan and there is a big argument ... then mum is uptight and shepherding all the kids inside ... and I think "yeah ... not so much" lol

We put in a pool when we got the house and it was pretty much the worst decision ever. I've probably swam in it like 3 times and to make matters worse the dog has this obsession with jumping in it and lodging his head in the filter so we had to build a giant fort around the pool fence and by the time you actually manage to get through it you don't even feel like swimming anymore lol.

I Miss My Pool :( :( :( We used to let it get feral over winter and had sooooooo many tadpoles ready to be scooped up and donated to local wildlife people. I bred so many frogs in that pool. When it got to mid October - it was time to deep clean and any taddies that didn't 'move onto their new bodies, they got cleaned out.

It was hard work cleaning it, not having a creepy crawlie thingo, but it was very rewarding!

Had many a great party, BBQ and Christmas there - sighs - reminds thy self - YOU MUST NOT LOOK BACK!!!!!

Soooo - it is a little treat, and I am not sure I want to do it .......

I have grown my hair for the last 2.5 years, so it is halfway down my back and it is a bit tatty on the top layer, but underneath is real healthy. Everytime I have grown my hair, I have regretted getting it cut short, but I feel I need a change.

I can plait it and wear it up, but sometimes I think a funky, short new look for summer - would be a real treat ........... but I don't want any more regrets, 'cause I have a few of them ..............

I have grown my hair for the last 2.5 years, so it is halfway down my back and it is a bit tatty on the top layer, but underneath is real healthy. Everytime I have grown my hair, I have regretted getting it cut short, but I feel I need a change.

I can plait it and wear it up, but sometimes I think a funky, short new look for summer - would be a real treat ........... but I don't want any more regrets, 'cause I have a few of them ..............

I know how this feels, whenever I cut my hair short I regret it. Since it's grown long again whenever I feel like a change I change the colour instead lol

You might be able to donate your hair, one of the chicks at my work donated her hair to an alopecia charity. Sounds like you have enough healthy hair to make a good donation. Oh and yes summer is coming, long hair is such a bitch in summer.

I love long hair! I made the mistake if cutting it short and regretted it 2 months later, thankfully my hair grows in record time so it's really long again. I don't mind it long for summer, I love the way it dries after getting in the beach.

I treated myself to a pancake breakfast this morning. I have been hardcore at eating really organic and healthy and when I saw I lost 3 kilos (another 3 to go), I was like yep I deserve it. And it was so good! Now lunch will be my silverbeet soup

I love long hair! I made the mistake if cutting it short and regretted it 2 months later, thankfully my hair grows in record time so it's really long again. I don't mind it long for summer, I love the way it dries after getting in the beach.

I treated myself to a pancake breakfast this morning. I have been hardcore at eating really organic and healthy and when I saw I lost 3 kilos (another 3 to go), I was like yep I deserve it. And it was so good! Now lunch will be my silverbeet soup

Well done on the weight loss.

Yeah, you know when you stop in at the supermarket for just one or two things like a block of chocolate or a box of ice creams... so yeah big enough to chuck stuff in. I hate carrying those poxy plastic bags.
They don't have any class and yes, some things are best just chucked in the backpack or bag or whatever.

Back