Skip to main content

Today I ........

Well Today I’m slightly annoyed… The job I’d applied for finally sent me a rejection letter 2 months after I did my pre-screening interview. It says I need to wait 6 months before applying again. I’m more annoyed at this point that it took then 2 months to make a decision than I am that I was rejected.
Sorry to hear that, how frustrating. Seeing as two months has passed, does that mean you now only have to wait four months to reapply?

Sadly it’s a full six months from today.
You have to wonder if it is a place you want to work for it the recruitment process is any indication. I always see recruitment as an extension of thier brand. If they do that poorly then they probably treat customers and staff poorly too. You may have dodged a bullet.

You have to wonder if it is a place you want to work for it the recruitment process is any indication. I always see recruitment as an extension of thier brand. If they do that poorly then they probably treat customers and staff poorly too. You may have dodged a bullet.
While I’m annoyed it’s not enough for me to write them off completely at this point.

Things haven't been going so well for me lately. Another one of my pagoda dogs was snatched by dog thieves a couple of weeks ago, destined for someone's dinner plate. She was the niece of the other one who was stolen in late June.

Meanwhile a young cat from the pagoda I had spayed three weeks ago has been staying with me post-op, because she is only young and seemed too fragile to send back straight away. She's been pretty reserved, keeping to herself, but eating, drinking and body functions all ok. Then she lost interest in food a few days ago and was a bit sniffly/congested so I thought perhaps she had cat flu, so I've just kept an eye on her and tried to tempt her to eat. The local vet was closed this morning, but later this arvo she was deteriorating. Her eyes look yellower and she's unsteady and displaying what looks like neurological issues. I took her to a different vet and he's "not optimistic". She has a temp of 40.2C and I think her organs may be shutting down. They gave her a couple of shots and said to take her back in the morning but I think she might not be with me for long.

On top of that as I arrived home with her, my neighbours were in the alley, absolutely distraught, as one of their little dogs (chihuahua-X) had just been run over just moments earlier.

2021 has sucked so much more than 2020. I really hope we've hit the bottom.

Things haven't been going so well for me lately. Another one of my pagoda dogs was snatched by dog thieves a couple of weeks ago, destined for someone's dinner plate. She was the niece of the other one who was stolen in late June.

Meanwhile a young cat from the pagoda I had spayed three weeks ago has been staying with me post-op, because she is only young and seemed too fragile to send back straight away. She's been pretty reserved, keeping to herself, but eating, drinking and body functions all ok. Then she lost interest in food a few days ago and was a bit sniffly/congested so I thought perhaps she had cat flu, so I've just kept an eye on her and tried to tempt her to eat. The local vet was closed this morning, but later this arvo she was deteriorating. Her eyes look yellower and she's unsteady and displaying what looks like neurological issues. I took her to a different vet and he's "not optimistic". She has a temp of 40.2C and I think her organs may be shutting down. They gave her a couple of shots and said to take her back in the morning but I think she might not be with me for long.

On top of that as I arrived home with her, my neighbours were in the alley, absolutely distraught, as one of their little dogs (chihuahua-X) had just been run over just moments earlier.

2021 has sucked so much more than 2020. I really hope we've hit the bottom.
Oh I am sorry Timmy. That is all sad news. Let‘s definitely hope 2022 is a lighter year.

Yes best of luck for 2022. Let's hope we can put all the Covid bullshit behind us soon.

I have a buyer for my shack in play so hopefully it'll pan out this time around.

Update on the cat. "Rina" (catch-rina > Katrina > Rina)

Poor thing, she actually went blind! But, strangely, only for a couple of days, and as of yesterday has regained her sight, which is a massive relief for both of us. The vet had confirmed the blindness on the second visit, one eye blind and very slow reactions to light in the other, so she wasn't just ignoring me.

I've been feeding her BBQ chicken and her appetite is back and body functions have resumed and her eyes look less yellow. It's likely she has FIP, and my guess is she might have had encephalitis. Anyway an excellent result, as I didn't expect her to make it. Maybe good things can happen in 2022.

Lucky. We usually have about a month or so of this really bad weather. Dressing for weather like this involves layers and spending as little time outdoors as possible.
I couldn't do it. Canadians are obviously made of sterner stuff than me. I don't even like being in air conditioning.

Reactions: kxk
I couldn't do it. Canadians are obviously made of sterner stuff than me. I don't even like being in air conditioning.
A lot of us are born in to it and have little options in terms of leaving it. Hence my initial post 😉.

We Canadians however are fond of winter vacationing in sun destinations like Mexico.

There are also “snowbirds” which are retired people who spend half the year somewhere warm and return to Canada for the spring/summer.

A lot of us are born in to it and have little options in terms of leaving it. Hence my initial post 😉.

We Canadians however are fond of winter vacationing in sun destinations like Mexico.

There are also “snowbirds” which are retired people who spend half the year somewhere warm and return to Canada for the spring/summer.
Sorry I'm no longer in Aus (and I don't think I could afford you anyway lol).

There's a Dutch guy and his Khmer wife who own a place a couple of doors along from me, who spend their winters here in Phnom Penh. And I have a buyer for my shack (contract signing today!) and she's Cambodian and her husband is German and they'll be doing the same.

So uh, yeah, assuming the next few hours go to plan, I have sold the shack.

A few days ago I heard loud crashes in the street outside. Went out to the balcony and there were two good sized monkeys on the roof of a building across the street which has a collapsing roof the owner doesn't seem to care about. Anyway one of the monkeys - macaques actually - keeps climbing down to the front of the building and flinging roof tiles into the street. They were falling about three storeys and hitting parked cars. I hope nobody got hurt.

Anyway they seem to have taken up residence there. Fortunately they're starting to run out of crap to throw, at least. Bit of free entertainment.

Meanwhile still waiting to find out when shack settlement is. Could be any time in the next month. Have started packing and downsizing crap.

Back