Skip to main content

Today I ........

How are you going Timmy?
Still waiting for settlement. Don't know if Lunar New Year will delay it but if not, maybe by the end of next week? Have been selling surplus stuff and have packed a few boxes up.

Kitteh I have been looking after had advanced kidney disease and was blind (she could make things out a little bit in bright light, but that was all) and losing muscle mass, and getting visibly weaker by the day, so I took her to the vet and she crossed the rainbow bridge. She was the sweetest little thing. It must have been terrifying for her at the pagoda before I found her, with all the people, dogs and motorbikes around, so I'm glad we found each other, even if it was only for two months.

Still waiting for settlement. Don't know if Lunar New Year will delay it but if not, maybe by the end of next week? Have been selling surplus stuff and have packed a few boxes up.

Kitteh I have been looking after had advanced kidney disease and was blind (she could make things out a little bit in bright light, but that was all) and losing muscle mass, and getting visibly weaker by the day, so I took her to the vet and she crossed the rainbow bridge. She was the sweetest little thing. It must have been terrifying for her at the pagoda before I found her, with all the people, dogs and motorbikes around, so I'm glad we found each other, even if it was only for two months.
Awww, little kitty.

And how are you and your cardiologist appointments going?!

Why do you want to leave Phnom Pehn by the way? Will you stay in Cambodia? I am full of curiosity!

Well today I wish everyone a Happy New Yesr and Good Luck for 2022.

Yes best of luck for 2022. Let's hope we can put all the Covid bullshit behind us soon.

I have a buyer for my shack in play so hopefully it'll pan out this time around.

Gong Hei Fat Choi
Happy lunar new year everyone
A much nicer celebration than western get pissed watch fireworks

So happy for you @timmy, great news about your property
Are you now headed for that place you mentioned previously?

The animals will miss your kindness...and new place will welcome your good soul

Gong Hei Fat Choi
Happy lunar new year everyone
A much nicer celebration than western get pissed watch fireworks

So happy for you @timmy, great news about your property
Are you now headed for that place you mentioned previously?

The animals will miss your kindness...and new place will welcome your good soul
Gong Xi Fa Cai! (Mandarin version more prevalent here)

Thanks, kxk, and yes, I'm off to Siem Reap as soon as we settle... which could be any day now, or next week... nobody knows, it'll happen when it happens. :)

I'll miss my pagoda buddies. I'll give one of the monks strict instructions on what to do when his two dogs reach their respective ends (they both have kidney disease). I'll ask my animal welfare place to send their outreach officer to talk to another monk to line up spays for their female puppies. Gonna be really sad to say goodbye. But I'm ready to go, about 75% packed already. Sold all my plants and am surrounded by boxes so it feels kinda bleak and surreal, so the sooner the better.

We find them now and them caught on our carpet going up stairs. We have no idea how they get in. We have tiles downstirs and when they try going upstairs they get a foot, or a hundred, caught in the thread of the carpet.
We managed get them unstuck, and pop them back outside again.
Love the music you put with it!
Thanks. I was just relaxing at the pool yesterday and looked down and there she/he was, hustling along.

Not sure if summer camp is really a thing in Australia so this may be lost on some people but I’m almost certain I’m going to do an adult summer camp this summer. COVID and adult life in general have really taken a toll on my mental health and I’m feeling like I need to have a bit of fun.

I was an Air Cadet as a teen and went to summer training for 3 consecutive summers. Despite the fact that it was slightly different than a traditional summer camp I always had such a good time and left with a ton of new friends. I think it would be fun to relive that experience only this time with alcohol.

2cNiuCp.gif
Do you like The Batman? I thought it was fantastic, but I'm biased towards Pattinson lol (not ashamed to admit, I'm a Twihard) lol

Reactions: kxk
In the last two days, I have been in two near misses when driving. Which is quite worrying. I have anxiety just thinking about it.

For the record, I have never caused a car crash.

The first may or may not have been entirely my fault or entirely. I'm not even quite sure what happened.

I was entering a roundabout, looked right, saw a car, slammed on the breaks. Just avoiding a crash as they sped past. The front of my car slightly entered the roundabout.

I think it was a cavalcade of failures. Maybe I failed to look right until then. I was focused on an oncoming car and what they were doing. Although I can't imagine I'd just not look. It's all so much by default, I can't remember.

That street to the right is a steep downhill, and it's very possible I looked and parked cars obscured that cars were coming. So in my mind, it was clear and I was focused on what the oncoming car was going to do.

What I think probably happened is, both me and the car I almost hit both were in the wrong. Them maybe more so. I saw the oncoming car entering the roundabout as I was getting there, so I assumed the right was clear. Yet that car to the right was improperly entering, speeding to get through ahead of the other car. Not paying attention to me.

Which is a reminder that you never trust anyone at a roundabout to do the right thing. Something I normally do. A positive is that I at least caught it at the last second. The other driver was not paying attention to have stopped it.

The second was a horribly dangerous T intersection right next to another intersection. Where the two lanes of traffic you're trying to turn right across which have different traffic lights. So you need to move into the keep clear area to check if you're clear to the left to turn. With one of the lanes, you're turning across with traffic still moving. While the other is all stopped at a red light.

Check that the left is clear, only to see the right is not. Yet when that is clear you need to check the left again because there are cars turning onto the street.

Then almost get hit because some car is speeding to try and make the light.

Possibly I am wrong to even attempt to have turned, but I don't think so. The only thing I know for sure is that I will avoid that intersection for the rest of my life. Rarely go there, but it's always been bad. I'll go the long way round through back streets.

I think it's a case of bad design. Where due to the main intersection, they can't put traffic lights. Where it was probably fine 50 years ago when there was way less traffic.

Having snuck ahead of @kxk, today I overtook @Affable (does rather help that he disappeared, but I'll take the win). Coming for you next @Meglos!

View attachment 57597
LOL,congrats....
..I have semi retired from posting since I stopped watching any rtv pretty much
It may have been subjecting myself to an entire series of MAFS for the first time, enough to never watch tv again..repulsive
Finding it all rather tedious, formulaic, scripted, dull, that Survivor cast was abysmal

Last reality I watched was Luke winning “celeb” bb
And thanks for recommending naked and afraid love that kind of rtv, even if it’s a bit cheating

BTW Columbo says Hi, he was banned for life (I hope they reconsider it)
Dang why? He is quite misunderstood but harmless,

Hey, at least they were misses.
Eww, lucky you no injuries?

LOL,congrats....
..I have semi retired from posting since I stopped watching any rtv pretty much
It may have been subjecting myself to an entire series of MAFS for the first time, enough to never watch tv again..repulsive
Finding it all rather tedious, formulaic, scripted, dull, that Survivor cast was abysmal

Last reality I watched was Luke winning “celeb” bb
And thanks for recommending naked and afraid love that kind of rtv, even if it’s a bit cheating

Dang why? He is quite misunderstood but harmless,

Eww, lucky you no injuries?
haha Columbo might accept misunderstood, but not harmless lolololol

Back