Skip to main content

Today I ........

I now have a fear of being stuck somewhere.
Irrational, or what.
Not really. I went to Siem Reap for a couple of days recently and didn't fancy being crammed in a bus for six hours, even though I know virtually everyone aged over 12 here is vaccinated (more than 95%, they say). It's going to take time for the weird paranoia to settle down. I hope things do actually get better enough. I have some flight and Airbnb credits from a cancelled trip booked last year, so my first overseas trip is (mostly) paid for, so that's something. Focus on the goal. It will be so good to see your family again. Something to really look forward to.

Had to say goodbye to our family dog today. He would have been 17 in December. Unfortunately he was deteriorating and my Mum had to make a very tough decision. We've had him for over half my life, so will be tough without my little mate. Wasn't a good feeling leaving my parents house today. RIP B 💙

Had to say goodbye to our family dog today. He would have been 17 in December. Unfortunately he was deteriorating and my Mum had to make a very tough decision. We've had him for over half my life, so will be tough without my little mate. Wasn't a good feeling leaving my parents house today. RIP B 💙
So sorry, always heartbreaking to lose a loved pet family member.

(((hugs)))

They are standing up for their rights to choose whether to have the vaccine or not. They are standing up for their rights against Dan Andrews and his corrupted ways.
Just a gentle reminder from your Yank nurse friend. In the USA mandate prottesters are bringing guns because Drumpf made Covid political. Half the US thinks Biden isn't President, stormed the Capitol 6 January to kill the Vice President making the peaceful transition from Drumpf to Biden. My hospital is still choked w/sick & dying Covid patients. Almost 99 per cent unvaccinated & underagee 50.
if you believe in polio,measles, muumps, rubella vaccines get Covid....end of rant
The soooner we jab, the sooner we all open
oh & today I'm getting ready to go to Disneyland w/friends Hallween Haunted mansion wooot!

Last edited:
it's always a really sad heartbreaking time. We had to make that decision about our 21 year old cat, and even at that age it was the most awful decision to make, but at the end of the day, it puts them at peace and out of pain.
Big hugs to you, rj90, and your parents.
What breed was he?

@February he was a little shih-tzu, and so cheeky, but would get grumpy in his old age haha. Between my sisters and I we have 5 dogs, and even though he was the smallest, B was definitely in charge and kept them all in line haha.

@February he was a little shih-tzu, and so cheeky, but would get grumpy in his old age haha. Between my sisters and I we have 5 dogs, and even though he was the smallest, B was definitely in charge and kept them all in line haha.
Aww, and where did his name come from?

My sister got to pick his name and chose ‘B’ for some random reason, so we just went with it haha.

How are you doing? Is it good to be back to work?
Cute.
It's been so busy. The restrictions eased after the first week although we still have the 4 metre distance rule, which is good.
Never seen so many funny heads coming through the door, it's been a challenge! Should ease up after next week.

it's always a really sad heartbreaking time. We had to make that decision about our 21 year old cat, and even at that age it was the most awful decision to make, but at the end of the day, it puts them at peace and out of pain.
Big hugs to you, rj90, and your parents.
What breed was he?
(((hugs)))

Today I did a little digging and found this…
B4C63870-1E49-4C32-AD97-52CE5D284D29.jpeg
I’m a little shocked an slightly embarrassed.

I like to think that while I’d probably still find @bluegroper annoying that I’d find a better way or dealing with him than to call him what I did.

new batman getting closer & even more eagerly awaited
2cNiuCp.gif

At the pagoda I visit to check on the cats and dogs, there's a lovely monk who I've known for three years. I first got to know him when he sought my help because they had puppies who weren't eating and one had died. We took the remaining five to the NGO vet. Two of them still didn't make it but three did and I adore them.

A couple of months ago, they alerted me that one had suddenly gone blind and was having seizures. He spent three days at the vet's but I had to make the call to euthanise him. Really heartbreaking. Had he eaten something bad like garlic? They said no.

Recently they have been worried about his brother, whose eyes are getting quite cloudy, and they were worried he was going to end up like his brother. After a couple of trips to the vet and different types of eye drops, I noticed he was gulping down a lot of water and asked if he always drinks a lot. Confirmed. So I think "is this kidney disease?" and Google that. Oh, that can cause high blood pressure leading to sudden blindness and seizures. Uh oh.

So I tell this to the vet and we have to put him on a special (expensive) renal care food.

And then on Saturday I notice a bottle of soy sauce on the ground near the dog food plates. I've seen it on the table there many times before, but assumed it was for their own meals, but no, they've been adding soy to the dogs' rice meals to make it tastier for them. They've basically been poisoning their dogs all this time.

They're now under strict instructions not to add soy or salt to the dogs' food. But it's just so hard to deal with. I hope my little friend improves no the special food. Depending on how bad his kidney damage is, it might only be a matter of time for him, but we'll see. :frown:

Well Today I’m slightly annoyed… The job I’d applied for finally sent me a rejection letter 2 months after I did my pre-screening interview. It says I need to wait 6 months before applying again. I’m more annoyed at this point that it took then 2 months to make a decision than I am that I was rejected.

Back