Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

It’s crazy what Victorians are letting him get away with by continuously voting him in. Andrews is a Dictator drunk on power.

Well that was before we had this pandemic, I don't think he will win the next election in a landslide as many are saying he will. Both the next state and federal elections will make for some great live television...lol

FEtMf9dVgAULoNj

Reactions: kxk
Went to chemist on Friday, weird
I thought, hell is it a school holiday or something?
Then I remembered,
oh shit real life and people are back
It felt very peculiar
And everyone is still being cautious, masks still on even outside

Went to chemist on Friday, weird
I thought, hell is it a school holiday or something?
Then I remembered,
oh shit real life and people are back
It felt very peculiar
And everyone is still being cautious, masks still on even outside

Everywhere is so busy now.

Is this the level of traffic and people that was everywhere before the pandemic? Is it worse now?

Or are people just more active now, going everywhere because they can?

Reactions: kxk
We just had the three day Water Festival here. It marks the end of the rainy season, and there are usually dragon boat races, but those were cancelled again this year. Still there were thousands of people/families out on the riverside, enjoying food and drinks, and buying toys,balloons and crap from the vendors for their kids. Everyone masked up but it was so nice to see people out having fun and enjoying themselves. I went for a walk on Friday and Saturday just to soak up the atmosphere. Was a really nice vibe. Usually when the boat races are on it's a total crush so it was actually better than usual.

They're putting a lot of faith in the vaccines. I hope we're not in for a rude shock in the coming months. The last two years have been exhausting (for everyone).

I went for a walk on Friday and Saturday just to soak up the atmosphere. Was a really nice vibe.

Sounds lovely!

They're putting a lot of faith in the vaccines. I hope we're not in for a rude shock in the coming months. The last two years have been exhausting (for everyone).

I don't know about where you are, with vaccines, climate and other factors. Here, I just look to Europe and assume heading out of summer into winter we'll have issues. Maybe the rapid and high vaccine rates, the cycle of third boosters plus where the virus and variants are in their lifecycles all aligns. I just wouldn't count on that.

Then I'm sure it'll once again be Vic hit the hardest due to the climate, geography and international nature of the city.

The problem I am finding is that for all the good of being out in bars and restaurants again. Had a picnic on the weekend with friends I haven't seen since before the pandemic. Some now with kids which was interesting. Very cute and well behaved kids.

The issue is that plenty of nice things are just overcrowded. That ain't going to change over summer. It's nice to go to the beach, but spending ages driving around looking for somewhere to park. Then a crowded noisy beach isn't all that relaxing.

Another struggle of re-entering life is that I have no clothes. Well, I have mountains of clothes. Most are too big and I need to chuck or donate to charity. Shorts and t-shirts I am fine. Anything nice, nope. I have two short sleeve casual shirts that fit me. One long sleeve that kind of does. Everything else is too baggy. I did go shopping last week. Finally found something that fitted me. Went to wear it on the weekend, too baggy. I don't know how much of it is in my mind, versus actual issues.

So now on a quest to find brands and sizes that work for me. The shirts that actually fit me, looked at that brand and all the shirts were ugly. Shit like light olive green with big fern prints spashed across them. Yet shopping centres are unpleasant. But anyway...

Last edited:
Some people want to go back into lockdown already over this variant. Lockdowns had some use when there were low vaccination rates but now it's looking like there's desperate people out there clinging to another excuse to be in one. It's like they get a thrill from the hysteria.

Media is beating it up for all it's worth but the reality is we don't have enough data/facts to know. Better safe than sorry until then? Let's proceed with caution.

I am now having fear that my trip to SA early Jan won't happen.

Logically it should be fine, unless there's a complete reversal of policy. Or the new variant is super bad, but that seems unlikely from the cases so far.

I just feel they may choke at the 90% opening up. For some reason reading that if I went now, I'd need to quarantine until I got negative, has made me worried. Even though my plan is to go there under the 90% rules. Funny how stuff like that works.

I am now having fear that my trip to SA early Jan won't happen.

Logically it should be fine, unless there's a complete reversal of policy. Or the new variant is super bad, but that seems unlikely from the cases so far.

I just feel they may choke at the 90% opening up. For some reason reading that if I went now, I'd need to quarantine until I got negative, has made me worried. Even though my plan is to go there under the 90% rules. Funny how stuff like that works.
Best of luck. You never know, you may yet make it.

Back