Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Unilad has picked up the story. I'll have a look for a more credible source.

This story seems a little far fetched, I mean if you really wanted a dodgy vaccination as they say then why wouldn't you just try to go to your local "dodgy" GP in a private clinic somewhere and just pay them the money then you wouldn't really need anything "fake" injected into your arm at all as there is no one there to see it?

I don't know how they would even think to try and get away with something like this in a busy vaccination hub with so many people watching what's going on. I think it's a bit of a far fetched story personally.

Also I am thinking if it's so dodgy over there then what's saying you just don't hand over a little "cash" when entering a venue where only the vaccinated can attend? Probably will save you money in the long run when compared to a so called 400 euro dodgy vaccination...lol

New Zealand is a small country. It's not as politically diverse.
One could argue that thanks to MMP it is actually more politically diverse as several parties usually have to work together (in a coalition or supply and demand agreement) to make up the majority to govern. So smaller parties (left right and centre) have had influence on policy. This is the first term since MMP came in that any party has had the outright majority to govern.

It is really not that small either. It sits somewhere in the middle of all countries population wise, and land mass wise it is bigger than many - certainly the UK and many European countries. Population density is probably not high, but nor is Australia.

As there's no Murdoch influence in NZ news media, there is less right wing agitation, aside from that of Destiny Church and friends. NZ has always been more progressive / less conservative than Australia. This was immediately apparent to me leaving NZ in 1996 just in time for John Howard to become PM.

256567525_10166105784165494_76277240058364496_n.jpg

Gibraltar are an interesting case in context. Over 100% vaccinated yet still plenty of cases a day for their population number. 44,000 population. Go figure…

Last edited:
But how many need ICU or dying?

Good question. 98 deaths total since the beginning of the pandemic which I am unsure if that is good given their population. Scale that to Australia size and it would not be a good statistic at all.

ICU numbers no idea. Let me know if you find something on that because I cannot find that from sources.

ICU numbers no idea. Let me know if you find something on that because I cannot find that from sources.
Might get back on that. Where I live, most of the provinces no longer report case numbers. They've just put all their faith in the vaccinations. Maybe it will just be that it ends up being a "flu like" condition. Covid vaccines may just get added to the annual flu jabs. At least we could all move on.

Reactions: kxk
Back