Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

This makes sense though, the over 60 thing is only out of an abundance of caution. There are people under the age willing to take the risk. I would have, and not to virtue signal. I think while they’ve got supplies and willing people, this was the smart move.
I don't think I would have. I am more than fine with being vaccinated but when there are other vaccines around that are less problematic, and have higher success rates, I would rather have one of those. Having said that I am coming at this from the lense of someone who is lucky that for the most part I don't have to leave the house that often and live in a covid free state. If I was living in America or the uk, or was in a job where I was frontline and mixing with people a lot, I may feel very differently. So yes Affables meh perception is pretty accurate for me too!

One of the weirder restrictions I have heard. South Australians have been banned from singing in public this week. Maybe someone heard me singing and thought it best for everyone's health to ban that!

We also have that rule in Sydney, along with 'No Vertical Drinking' which means drinking while standing up HAHA!

We also have that rule in Sydney, along with 'No Vertical Drinking' which means drinking while standing up HAHA!
yes we have that too - you have to sit down at the pub, even if that means on a bar stool at the bar lol

yes we have that too - you have to sit down at the pub, even if that means on a bar stool at the bar lol
I don't get the logic involved with the vertical drinking thing can someone explain it to me please? Also when you're seated it's not horizontal drinking you're still vertical in essence so why use such a silly term? Just say no drinking unless seated.

I don't get the logic involved with the vertical drinking thing can someone explain it to me please? Also when you're seated it's not horizontal drinking you're still vertical in essence so why use such a silly term? Just say no drinking unless seated.

To be fair, I've found myself horizontal after a few too many drinks at the local haha

I wanna say this whole thing has given exposure to some amazing health professionals that are really calm and great at communicating with media regularly. Often far better to listen to than the politicians!

I wanna say this whole thing has given exposure to some amazing health professionals that are really calm and great at communicating with media regularly. Often far better to listen to than the politicians!
It’s certainly upped the profile of some politicians who should not be there. Some of them are very poor communicators which is something I thought was a needed skill.

Not sure about other states as I don't see them that often, but the NSW Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant is brilliant! Clear, concise and informative!

The Queensland Premier has raised some very valid points in regards to International Arrivals into Australia that warrant a response from the Federal Government.

“ABS data, the Federal Government’s own data, confirms that thousands of people are being allowed to travel here who are not stranded Aussies. These are not Australian citizens or permanent residents. But every week 600 UK citizens arrive in Australia. 500 Chinese citizens. More than 300 Indonesians. More than 250 people from the United States. More than 200 people from the Philippines. 115 people from South Africa.”

If those numbers are correct, then someone has some explaining to do.

eyeroll Judge Judy - Alliance For Justice Action Campaign

Not sure about other states as I don't see them that often, but the NSW Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant is brilliant! Clear, concise and informative!
I just watched Nicola Spurrier in SA and thought the same. Dr Bloomfield in nz has also been great

The Queensland Premier has raised some very valid points in regards to International Arrivals into Australia that warrant a response from the Federal Government.

“ABS data, the Federal Government’s own data, confirms that thousands of people are being allowed to travel here who are not stranded Aussies. These are not Australian citizens or permanent residents. But every week 600 UK citizens arrive in Australia. 500 Chinese citizens. More than 300 Indonesians. More than 250 people from the United States. More than 200 people from the Philippines. 115 people from South Africa.”

If those numbers are correct, then someone has some explaining to do.

"returned traveller who had left the country to visit Indonesia repeatedly"

The guy who got COVID in SA quarantine that sparked Victoria's last lockdown was one of these people who has been travelling back and forth from overseas multiple times during the pandemic. While he didn't bring it in, questions were raised about why exactly so many people are allowed to travel but most people are forbidden. Of course it was ignored back then, because Victoria.

And apparently people were going to the beach today. Not for exercise but just to go on it.

I wonder if this is an indication that Queenslanders are starting to feel annoyed with these lockdowns? I know there haven't been that many or as long as other states. But even I'm starting to think that maybe locking down when you get one or two cases is maybe a bit too much. Surely there must be a better way than this?

But even I'm starting to think that maybe locking down when you get one or two cases is maybe a bit too much. Surely there must be a better way than this?

Surely you’re joking.

This is literally what everyone has been saying for months, but now that you’re personally affected, suddenly your stance changes?

Whether you’re attempting to goad people into an argument with that statement, or those are your genuine feelings, it’s a massive about face on your previous position.

Surely you’re joking.

This is literally what everyone has been saying for months, but now that you’re personally affected, suddenly your stance changes?

Whether you’re attempting to goad people into an argument with that statement, or those are your genuine feelings, it’s a massive about face on your previous position.

I've been in lockdown before, so your personally affected thing holds no water.

And I was only posting my thoughts on the matter. No goading.

Back