Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

MOD NOTE: Can we have more of the good and less of the bad and the ugly please when it comes to posting in this thread. Some people just need to step back and chill out a bit before posting.

So Scomo has now decided that everyone can go get the AZ vaccine if they want it. Once again being reactive, not proactive.

I think regardless of where you stand on the issue of vaccines, it is very obvious that the Feds have failed catastrophically here. Whether you want to be vaccinated or not, that is your choice. But the fact that people that want to be vaccinated, but can't be, is an huge issue and a monumental fuck up on the Federal Government. The fact that we have places like the US condemning us, is an embarrassment.

Side note, America shouldn't be lecturing anyone about the pandemic.

So Scomo has now decided that everyone can go get the AZ vaccine if they want it. Once again being reactive, not proactive.

I think regardless of where you stand on the issue of vaccines, it is very obvious that the Feds have failed catastrophically here. Whether you want to be vaccinated or not, that is your choice. But the fact that people that want to be vaccinated, but can't be, is an huge issue and a monumental fuck up on the Federal Government. The fact that we have places like the US condemning us, is an embarrassment.

Side note, America shouldn't be lecturing anyone about the pandemic.

There's also been a massive failure in people taking the threat seriously. Scomo has been an utter disaster, but complacency towards the virus has been widespread. No one has been putting pressure on the Federal Government. The Vic Government had to drag them kicking and screaming to even consider custom-built quarantine facilities.

This apparent sudden realisation the Fed's have been doing a horrendous job is not news to myself and many other Victorians. We've been suffering from their failures more so than in other states. Yet the mainstream and public discourse for many has been tribal politics to deflect blame from where it should have gone.

As for the AZ vaccine, a few weeks ago we're told it's too risky for under 60s. Then last week, "we're phasing it out due to safety concerns in October." A few days ago they announced they wouldn't use the J&J vaccine because it has similar safety issues. This week, "eh whatever AZ for anyone." Are people besides those that want to virtue signal on social media they have the vaccine really going to rush out? Unless they need it for their job.

I am going to keep my mouth shut and respect moderators demands. It seems like some in this thread cannot help themselves though.

A8muNYEcIlcUMmc5rYAPbtdW0fwWZ7PcEIq2fXukqbA.jpg

As for the AZ vaccine, a few weeks ago we're told it's too risky for under 60s. Then last week, "we're phasing it out due to safety concerns in October." A few days ago they announced they wouldn't use the J&J vaccine because it has similar safety issues. This week, "eh whatever AZ for anyone." Are people besides those that want to virtue signal on social media they have the vaccine really going to rush out? Unless they need it for their job.

This makes sense though, the over 60 thing is only out of an abundance of caution. There are people under the age willing to take the risk. I would have, and not to virtue signal. I think while they’ve got supplies and willing people, this was the smart move.

This makes sense though, the over 60 thing is only out of an abundance of caution. There are people under the age willing to take the risk. I would have, and not to virtue signal. I think while they’ve got supplies and willing people, this was the smart move.

It's an act of desperation born out of necessity due to their incompetence. What I pointed out is just the layers of how ridiculous this all is when it comes to the AZ vaccine. It will stop people from taking it.

One of the weirder restrictions I have heard. South Australians have been banned from singing in public this week. Maybe someone heard me singing and thought it best for everyone's health to ban that!

Peta Credlin calling for older Australian’s to only be given the Pfizer vaccine as they are “more vulnerable”.

What would that mean for those under 60 though with Pfizer vaccine supply so scarce?

Back