Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Appreciate your thoughts Issee but we are not talking about corporate middle management changes.
The party is not stood down but someone from the party takes his place. Im not directly advocating this but once the public has lost complete faith in a leader (wrongly or rightly) they will take less heed of anything he has to say. Leading to more public defiance.
Sometimes, you stand down for the greater good even if its not necessarily directly all your fault.

election time is different - election time there is an expectation of thing to wind down and change. Also as far as victora as concerned once the immediate crisis over (ie out of lockdown) I think it could be a different story too. Just not right now. There is too much uncertainty, and the uncertainty of a leadership change would lead to a lot more people not doing what the need to be doing asnd keeping themselves and others safe.

Is Dan Andrews at least helping to alleviate some uncertainty?

Appreciate your thoughts Issee but we are not talking about corporate middle management changes.
The party is not stood down but someone from the party takes his place. Im not directly advocating this but once the public has lost complete faith in a leader (wrongly or rightly) they will take less heed of anything he has to say. Leading to more public defiance.
Sometimes, you stand down for the greater good even if its not necessarily directly all your fault.
And I get that I am just feel it not quite the right time. However I am not in Victoria so I am not getting the in state vibe so it may be exactly the right time.

Fuzz and aff to run Victoria.
Beach to run NSW
Reepbot to run Surfers paradise
Isssee to handle the recent outbreak in Auckland.
Blobby for PM.

I think it should be a pre-requisite to have a law degree to be Premier of Victoria.

Andrews level of education was Arts with Political Science. 🤔

And I get that I am just feel it not quite the right time. However I am not in Victoria so I am not getting the in state vibe so it may be exactly the right time.
Never a right time. My concern is during such a dangerous and fatal time, you cant have a leader who by the day, the public is growing increasingly angry with. It will lead to public discontent which will lead to a public defiance. Exactly what we dont want. Im not even saying that its just or particularly fair, but in such times, you cant afford a public defiantly against you whilst trying to caution, control and enforce measures.
The maths will not work. It just may be needed. Not that it would make a huge difference in policy or action but its about getting the public to do the right thing. You lose belief, the less likely you are to adopt severe personal measues and sacrifices that are being asked for.

Is Dan Andrews at least helping to alleviate some uncertainty?
Again I am not in the state to read the vibe but I think so. He has implimented a lockdown strategy that whilst we may not agree with the aim was to try not to get to the lockdown we have ended up at, but he has at each stage of this not denied there is an issue and the cases are there and steped up measures (From locking down suburbs, to mask wearing, then stage 3 then stage 4) as case numbers have grown. He is following the advice of medical experts on the matter and passing those messages on. I know this may not seem like much but other leaders around the world have not even done that much and kept thier jobs.

Idiots will idiot. Thats what we are unfortunately finding. Our societal dna is being exposed like never before. And it aint pretty. No leader can prevent that. But obvious mistakes have been made to exacerbate this. Once you have lost the public and its belief in your directives and actions, its endgame in a scenario like this.

Idiots will idiot. Thats what we are unfortunately finding. Our societal dna is being exposed like never before. And it aint pretty. No leader can prevent that. But obvious mistakes have been made to exacerbate this. Once you have lost the public and its belief in your directives and actions, its endgame in a scenario like this.

I think honest and firm leadership is needed. Maybe someone like Peta Credlin? Coming across as weak, unreliable or possibly untrustworthy is not good during a pandemic.

Back