Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

@el'coopo I think the only one deflecting is your beloved ALP. The Andrews government is the most incompetent government that I have seen in Australia over the last few years.

So what? Various companies also do not have COVID plans.

The virus was rampant in Victoria at the time. Potentially way too late for the Federal Government to take action on aged care.

The aged care workers got the virus and brought it to their workplace. It would be irresponsible to place blame on the federal government when they were not responsible for the starting of the second wave in Victoria in the first place.

No matter how you look at it; the Andrews government needs to be held to account.

This part of you post is actually fake news. The security companies entered into an agreement with the Victorian Government and not the Federal Government. They were selected by the Victorian Government for "social inclusion"

" In late March, without a tender process, the Victorian Government contracted private security operators to guard hotel quarantine guests. "

I have seen the proof on Twitter of the Federal Government payment thing that you raised but there are various inconsistencies. Firstly, the contract dates of the Federal tender were AFTER the hotel quarantine saga. To me this suggests that it is not possible that the payment was for those guards. Secondly, there is nothing to suggest that the security companies on the Federal watch were used in the Victorian Quarantine.

Ultimately the Victorian Government made the decision to use private security guards for social inclusion.

3 different sources that all prove your fallacious arguments wrong. Probably best that you do not diverge into conspiracies theory like the radical far left activists on Twitter. I suggest that you don't raise arguments without fact checking first. It makes you look bad when people pull you up on it and tell you otherwise. Also, I don't want to be writing novels every time having to prove you wrong when you are clearly wrong. 😆

Not to sound condescending to everyone but I am yet to meet an intelligent person on the left side of politics. They all seem to be swimming in the same pool of delusion.

LOL! In my eyes the Federal govt is exactly that, for the whole of Australia, regardless of political persuasion, their main objective should be to not kill us willingly. imo <<<< did you miss this bit in my post imo = in my opinion. I am not arguing, just sharing my opinions with the board.

@Affable - is that what everything boils down to you - right or wrong? As in if 2 people disagree one *must* be correct therefor the other automatically *wrong* ?

I think it should be a pre-requisite to have a law degree to be Premier of Victoria.

Andrews level of education was Arts with Political Science. 🤔

A meritocracy or geniocracy.....this one also requires voters to meet a standard
Advocating intelligence in politics......
Have you ever watched the fools when parliament is sitting? Mostly bumbling fools insulting each other

Have been a long time advocate of a minimum standard of intelligence all elected politicians MUST meet.
Hanson is the ultimate shame of having idiots elected.
Standard has to be a good pass graduating high school, or pass an IQ test, can included emotional IQ - actually should make this a priority.

This would remove Hanson as she is a moron, drop out, left school at 14 and she could not pass any intelligence test
Paul Keating, also left school very young, 15, he would blitz any intelligence test
Funny how many people think Keating is a snobby elitist ( fuckwit KAK kind of people)
His background is VERY working class underprivileged

I believe it is criminal to allow morons to be elected, we pay dearly for their stupidity

And by the way the flawed democracy USA is a Gerontocracy......OLD FOOLISH MEN ruling is a big mistake

A meritocracy or geniocracy.....this one also requires voters to meet a standard
Advocating intelligence in politics......
Have you ever watched the fools when parliament is sitting? Mostly bumbling fools insulting each other

Have been a long time advocate of a minimum standard of intelligence all elected politicians MUST meet.
Hanson is the ultimate shame of having idiots elected.
Standard has to be a good pass graduating high school, or pass an IQ test, can included emotional IQ - actually should make this a priority.

This would remove Hanson as she is a moron, drop out, left school at 14 and she could not pass any intelligence test
Paul Keating, also left school very young, 15, he would blitz any intelligence test
Funny how many people think Keating is a snobby elitist ( fuckwit KAK kind of people)
His background is VERY working class underprivileged

I believe it is criminal to allow morons to be elected, we pay dearly for their stupidity

And by the way the flawed democracy USA is a Gerontocracy......OLD FOOLISH MEN ruling is a big mistake
Who knows? Maybe in fifty years from now we will look back at the bad old days when the false god of democracy was still worshipped and clung to as if it was mankind's last hope for survival.

A meritocracy seems a good alternative to the distorted forms of democracies we are practicing now. When the Greeks invented democracy, this is NOT what they had in mind. Only grown ups were allowed to cast their vote. Even considering for sixteen yo to be allowed to vote is insanity which can only lead to disaster.

To suggest gynecocracy is simply sexist. How would you react if I said only men should be allowed to govern?

Granted, Hanson is a nutcase but she's not the only one. Name ONE Greens senator who is not off the rails. Besides, we are a democracy... are we not?
The likes of Hanson and Fraser Anning do play a role occasionally, especially during times when bipartisan blindness attempts to shut an important issue down. To name but one, the refusal to even mention women's rights in Islamic countries such as Afghanistan. Hence Hanson's stint with the burka. She managed to cause Hinch to meltdown and make the then attorney-general Brandis, a man utterly out of touch with reality weep openly.
Not only politicians but also the populace need to be triggered out of lethargy at times.
Hanson also had the 'audacity' to carry a Koran in her handbag as was revealed in 60 Minutes when she was interviewed by one of those dumb, blond, sanctimonious cheque-book journalists. The fact that the stupid journalist asked why Hanson carried a Koran speaks volumes.

As regards the US being a gerontocracy... 🤔...hypothetically... if the Democrats were to win the election in November... wouldn't the gerontocracy suddenly into a gynecocracy?
Again, you're sounding rather sexist... unless your real beef here is with the "OLD FOOLISH MEN ruling"... which, in today's parlance makes you an ageist.

image.png.37aed06b8afe4bc101d83287404b3293.png

Has anyone experienced Australians trying to deflect the conversation to Trump when someone is criticising Dan Andrews?

They are possible just trying to provide a contextual example that you could be living through right now that is worse than Victoria. Imagine if you were living in California or Florida etc?

They are possible just trying to provide a contextual example that you could be living through right now that is worse than Victoria. Imagine if you were living in California or Florida etc?

Whatever is happening in California or Florida does not negate criticism of Dan Andrews.

The trump thing does seem kind of irrelevant. Dan Andrews stuffed up and should be held to account for the pain he's caused Victoria.

re-read my initial statement - what you could be living through right now could be a whole lot worse.

That sounds a bit defeatist. Should people not scrutinise Andrews or expect more just because the situation is worse in another country?

Back