Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Confused by this post. Deflect blame for what?

I think all blame should go to the root of the cause (hotel quarantine) rather than to sub divisions (e.g. Cedar Meats, Aged Care, etc).

The Federal govt is responsible for aged care sector. They formulated NO action Covid plan at all. None. Zip. Nadda. It allowed the flexible/casual workforce in that sector to still have staff crossing sites & without any PPE. From my understanding some cases have spread via workers across multiple aged care sites. This whole sector had no guidance. PLUS they've remained mum on the subject, allowing the states to take the heat for their inaction. imo.

Also how it's now coming to light that for hotel quarantine the VIC govt used security companies vetted & PAID for by the federal govt. Deflection, deflection, deflection.

@el'coopo I think the only one deflecting is your beloved ALP. The Andrews government is the most incompetent government that I have seen in Australia over the last few years.

The Federal govt is responsible for aged care sector. They formulated NO action Covid plan at all. None. Zip. Nadda. It allowed the flexible/casual workforce in that sector to still have staff crossing sites & without any PPE. From my understanding some cases have spread via workers across multiple aged care sites. This whole sector had no guidance. PLUS they've remained mum on the subject, allowing the states to take the heat for their inaction. imo.

So what? Various companies also do not have COVID plans.

The virus was rampant in Victoria at the time. Potentially way too late for the Federal Government to take action on aged care.

The aged care workers got the virus and brought it to their workplace. It would be irresponsible to place blame on the federal government when they were not responsible for the starting of the second wave in Victoria in the first place.

No matter how you look at it; the Andrews government needs to be held to account.

Also how it's now coming to light that for hotel quarantine the VIC govt used security companies vetted & PAID for by the federal govt. Deflection, deflection, deflection.

This part of you post is actually fake news. The security companies entered into an agreement with the Victorian Government and not the Federal Government. They were selected by the Victorian Government for "social inclusion"

" In late March, without a tender process, the Victorian Government contracted private security operators to guard hotel quarantine guests. "

I have seen the proof on Twitter of the Federal Government payment thing that you raised but there are various inconsistencies. Firstly, the contract dates of the Federal tender were AFTER the hotel quarantine saga. To me this suggests that it is not possible that the payment was for those guards. Secondly, there is nothing to suggest that the security companies on the Federal watch were used in the Victorian Quarantine.

Ultimately the Victorian Government made the decision to use private security guards for social inclusion.

3 different sources that all prove your fallacious arguments wrong. Probably best that you do not diverge into conspiracies theory like the radical far left activists on Twitter. I suggest that you don't raise arguments without fact checking first. It makes you look bad when people pull you up on it and tell you otherwise. Also, I don't want to be writing novels every time having to prove you wrong when you are clearly wrong. 😆

Not to sound condescending to everyone but I am yet to meet an intelligent person on the left side of politics. They all seem to be swimming in the same pool of delusion.

Last edited:
Also, back to your first point:

Commonwealth are responsible for funding and regulating the aged care sector. The day to day running of the facilities is a State responsibility.

So you are wrong again... Please, please research before raising any further points.

Is this the new normal under dictator Dan and his Gestapo jack booted thugs? I sure hope not.
Unless we see what happened before the 'camera started rolling' this is simply fake news.
Did she spit at him?
What was the cop supposed to do? She must have superhuman lungs if she can shout and scream while being choked.

But above all, why didn't she comply with the officer's request?

Unless we see what happened before the 'camera started rolling' this is simply fake news.
Did she spit at him?
What was the cop supposed to do? She must have superhuman lungs if she can shout and scream while being choked.

But above all, why didn't she comply with the officer's request?

How about not choke her?

How about not choke her?
DID he actually 'choke' her? What would YOU have done as the police officer? Are you familiar with police procedure?
Why wasn't it the female officer who 'ckoked' her... you know, being politically correct and gender sensitive?

So I guess the evil cop jut walked up to her and grabbed her by the throat for no reason at all... is that it?

kim-jong-dan.jpg

Alan Jones talking on Sky now.

Paul Murray coming up.
Credlin I can stomach. Jones is a fool. And even you will admit aff that Murray sounds more like a drunk bloke screaming from the third row back at the footy. (NRL)

Reactions: kxk
Credlin I can stomach. Jones is a fool. And even you will admit aff that Murray sounds more like a drunk bloke screaming from the third row back at the footy. (NRL)

All 3 of them are great TV personalities holding the Andrews government to account.

Prue MacSween's response to Chris Smith. She was talking about Dan Andrews and Annastacia Palaszczuk.

Prue MacSween: "Well they're try-hards and they're con artists and let's hope that people who vote for them will wake-up and realise that Andrews is dynamite for that state and if they, if they vote for that man again then they deserve everything they get, and if they vote for Palaszczuk who's run that government, that economy into the ground, then you know, again they deserve everything they get. Let's hope they're not stupid."

Last edited:
All 3 of them are great TV personalities holding the Andrews government to account.
Credlin is the only one who is remotely credible. Jones is a geriatric xenophobic fool and Murray has less journalistic nous than a kid just learning to read.
"Chairman dan. Chairman dan" Yeah. Funny for the first time not 1000 times. Unbiased reporting. LOL.
Least Credlin is articulate and makes her points clearly without overblown rhetoric. Even if I dont always agree.
The other two are a joke.

Reactions: kxk
Back