Skip to main content

The Speccy Awards 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most overuse of pointless GIF's award. theres quite a few to nominate.

What about the picture thingies that madonna and gretelkrueger always post
rihanna.gif

There aren't any more risks of rigging a 'poll' than the more traditional 'survey' if you do it right. So not like Jump-In-A-Fire. Plus I always do a bit of auditing. :p
also its fun, not serious, if someone wants to rig it, well umm power to them?
@Consuela its up to you obviously, since you doing the hard work, I just thought might be fun for the final week to have some finalists campaigning for their nominated category :D

also its fun, not serious, if someone wants to rig it, well umm power to them?
@Consuela its up to you obviously, since you doing the hard work, I just thought might be fun for the final week to have some finalists campaigning for their nominated category :D

Tbh the whole nominating and then voting is growing on me so I'll probably go with that!

Tbh the whole nominating and then voting is growing on me so I'll probably go with that!

Sounds good! And remember people keep it clean (well can be dirty, but not mean) its a bit of fun, its not as if you going to put it on your CV so do campaigning in good spirits :D

To be honest, and this is in no disrespect to anyone, just my opinion but the idea of "campaigning" doesn't sit well with me. I am all for fun and the poll voting but I just feel like if someone is going to win an award it should be based on the merits and their posts overall during the season, not be persuaded by some "vote for me because..." speech.

To be honest, and this is in no disrespect to anyone, just my opinion but the idea of "campaigning" doesn't sit well with me. I am all for fun and the poll voting but I just feel like if someone is going to win an award it should be based on the merits and their posts overall during the season, not be persuaded by some "vote for me because..." speech.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I know this is all in good fun, but this seems to change the integrity of things a little bit. At the same time, is anyone going to pay that much attention to campaigns or base their decision on it versus posting history, ie, the whole point of the awards?

It seems like a unpopular opinion, so maybe keep it to what it was, just thought could add some more fun to the awards, you have the power!

Do I need to do a poll about polls? :p

@the Theorist and @jessy_girl are probably right though. Also it does bring be back to my first point in that it's a lot of extra steps to arrive at the same place. So we'll probably just have the nominate and vote for your favourite in one go.

@the Theorist and @jessy_girl are probably right though. Also it does bring be back to my first point in that it's a lot of extra steps to arrive at the same place. So we'll probably just have the nominate and vote for your favourite in one go.

One thread for all sounds perfect

Can everyone refrain from creating sub-threads and offshoots that may contain gold we may not get to enjoy (or completely demoralize et al)[DOUBLEPOST=1415753749][/DOUBLEPOST]
This one is too easy!! I can only think of one person lol

Better be my underwear everyone thinkin of

:(

Agreed they made extremely valid points, if it ain't broke

I agree. Have a nomination process first, followed by voting.

Nomination process:
- As others have suggested have about 10-15 categories.
- We'll enter our nominations for each category to your site.
- Only you will see you our nominations once entered.
- Once nominations have been summited they can not be edited.
- At the conclusion of the nominations process, you'll add up who has the most nominations (I reckon top 5) and they will be our voting options.

Voting process:
- 5 options for each category (if possible).
- The option with the most votes wins that category.

I agree. Have a nomination process first, followed by voting.

Nomination process:
- As others have suggested have about 10-15 categories.
- We'll enter our nominations for each category to your site.
- Only you will see you our nominations once entered.
- Once nominations have been summited they can not be edited.
- At the conclusion of the nominations process, you'll add up who has the most nominations (I reckon top 5) and they will be our voting options.

Voting process:
- 5 options for each category (if possible).
- The option with the most votes wins that category.
Sounds good to me.

Let's get this ball rolling! :D I'm happy to let Consuela come up with the categories and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back