Skip to main content

The Speccy Awards 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is possible @Consuela but how about you open them for 3 days, then the top 5 are posted like a poll and we then vote on them?

It'd be possible but is it a little too involved?
It'd be interesting in theory but 10-15 categories also means a shitload of threads/polls. Unless you can create them within your website?

Otherwise, the same format as last year worked quite well. Whichever's easier.

Despite the abundance of HMs still in the house the BB finale is fast approaching which means so too are the Speccy Awards!

For newbies and oldies alike who may be unaware the Speccy Awards are named in honour of much loved member Speculator who sadly passed away in 2010. The Speccys are Behind Big Brother's version of the Oscars and as such are a celebration of this community and the members who frequent it.

Each year both lurkers and posters of BehindBB are given the opportunity to vote for their favourite in a number of award categories. This year I'm a little more organised so I'm giving everyone the opportunity to decide on the award categories. You can find last years award winners here but the categories were as follows:

Member of the Year
Thread of the Year
Most Loyal Supporter - biggest HM fan/stan/supporter
Most Fickle Supporter - user who seemed to change favourite HMs are often as their underwear
Most Respected User - nicest most respectful user
Most Missed User - the user you miss the most
Outstanding Troll - most annoying user.
Outstanding Newcomer - best transition from lurker to poster
Best Moderator Award - for keeping us in line
Grey Matter Award - most insightful commentary/best debater
Best Alias Award - most creative username
Best Avatar Award - most creative avatar
Sexual Tension Award - the two users you just know wanted to get it on.
Fiercest Bitch Award - the user who wasn't afraid to speak their mind

I think around 10-15 award categories is best. Member and thread of the year will definitely be staying. The rest are up for debate so share your views!

i listed Bleachy for most

and that guy that was evicted tonight for a couple

Is there an award for behind big brother's biggest booty?
I strongly think that should be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back