Skip to main content

The Speccy Awards 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Have a nomination process first, followed by voting.

Nomination process:
- As others have suggested have about 10-15 categories.
- We'll enter our nominations for each category to your site.
- Only you will see you our nominations once entered.
- Once nominations have been summited they can not be edited.
- At the conclusion of the nominations process, you'll add up who has the most nominations (I reckon top 5) and they will be our voting options.

Voting process:
- 5 options for each category (if possible).
- The option with the most votes wins that category.

Wait I thought we wanted to avoid having separate nominations and voting because they lead to same point and revealing the contenders could lead to people campaigning?

Or do we want to do what you've suggested and just say no campaigning?

Wait I thought we wanted to avoid having separate nominations and voting because they lead to same point and revealing the contenders could lead to people campaigning?

Personally, there is no need for campaigning. Leave that to the Politicians'.

Yeah, no campaigning.

I'm sure it can still work in last year's format, which worked quite well, or we go with the polls after initial nominations this year - as long as the polls don't display current percentages/results when votes are submitted.

If we went with the latter, there's no real reason for people to feel the need to be all "vote for me" anyway, that's the only part about the polls that I don't really like the sound of; just let whatever happens happen.

The benefit of doing a poll per category is so that there's a narrowed down top 5 options to choose from, rather than last year when it was literally free for all, which probably resulted in more work for you (having to figure out percentages from a possible 20 or so nominees rather than just 5).

But ultimately it's your decision, I'm not fussed. I already know most of the members I plan on voting for. :D

These are gonna end up bigger than the oscars! and with more controversy than the VMAs

I need this to happen

kanye-west-at-the-vma-awards-o.gif

@Consuela Hey, my only concern is that "annoying" sounds a lot more negative/hurtful than "troll"... Troll sounds like they're trying to stir whilst annoying sounds like they're naturally difficult to get on with... :)

& what about Power Plays ?? can I ring up my Aunt Mary & ask her to cast votes :roflmao:

VOTING would be so much easier if the forum saved everything we liked!

What about best GIF user?!?!?! :p

Do we organise our own 1900- numbers for voting with Telstra, or does Consuela spring for this expense from her lottery winnings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back