Skip to main content

The Hotplate... is anyone going to bother watching it?...

Don't get who 7/9 think they're appealing too. Surely anyone who has invested multiple nights a week in Masterchef for the last few months isn't going to want to hop on to a new food show the very next night, and for those who don't watch Masterchef they're even less likely.

Obviously Australian TV is pathetic in it's childlike rivalry meaning neither 7 or 9 would risk letting the other one get in first, but really both their shows would have stood a better chance of getting an audience had they given viewers a week or two to actually miss Masterchef first.

I have to admit, coming off Masterchef where they were really creative and they were presenting things that looked mouth-wateringly yummy - seeing the 'professionals' cook hasn't been very impressive so far.
There are ways to do brains for instance that would be more appealing - not two great big elephant turd-like things on a plate.

The undermarking from the competitors kind of spoils the show for me. It kills the feel-good factor. You want people to triumph and they barely get pass marks. It doesn't make anyone look good - or as clever as they think they are, just cheaty, stupid and selfish.

...yeah that's the same with me... it just makes the low scorers look kind of pathetic doesn't it?... it's such bad sportsmanship as far as I'm concerned...

I wouldn't have liked eating brains either, but that doesn't mean it wasn't well-cooked. The scoring of less than 5 is purely tactical and reflects badly on whoever does it.

...I just simply wouldn't have eaten the brains at all... **URGH!**... but that doesn't mean that I would have scored them low because of my not eating them... I would have just scored it on presentation alone... these people are just being nasty about the food because they don't want to be on the bottom of the table and that's all... that Italian mother Christina is just a nasty woman and I hope that she falls flat on her face in the next challenge... she had the hide to criticise the presentation of a dish after her having served a big bowl of slop in her round... she couldn't handle the fact that Aron and Vanessa were told that they had cooked... 'the best dish of the competition so far!'... (after only 3 shows?... really?)...

...I'm actually starting to like that Parker Bowles guy to be honest... I thought that he was just a pompous twit at first but he does know his food and what is good or not?... surprising for me to be truthful... Scott the other judge is quite okay too... I like him... I saw an Ad earlier that we've got to wait until Monday to see Conrad and Liam... 'have the biggest meltdown ever'... bugger!... I was hoping that was tomorrow night!... when those Ads say those sort of things it usually amounts to nothing whatsoever as always... a shame really... I want to see them two fail big time!... and while I'm at it... Liam so reminds me of 'Zorg'... the character that Gary Oldman played in 'The Fifth Element'...lol!... cheers.

zorg and liam.jpg

...yeah that's the same with me... it just makes the low scorers look kind of pathetic doesn't it?... it's such bad sportsmanship as far as I'm concerned...

...I just simply wouldn't have eaten the brains at all... **URGH!**... but that doesn't mean that I would have scored them low because of my not eating them... I would have just scored it on presentation alone... these people are just being nasty about the food because they don't want to be on the bottom of the table and that's all... that Italian mother Christina is just a nasty woman and I hope that she falls flat on her face in the next challenge... she had the hide to criticise the presentation of a dish after her having served a big bowl of slop in her round... she couldn't handle the fact that Aron and Vanessa were told that they had cooked... 'the best dish of the competition so far!'... (after only 3 shows?... really?)...

...I'm actually starting to like that Parker Bowles guy to be honest... I thought that he was just a pompous twit at first but he does know his food and what is good or not?... surprising for me to be truthful... Scott the other judge is quite okay too... I like him... I saw an Ad earlier that we've got to wait until Monday to see Conrad and Liam... 'have the biggest meltdown ever'... bugger!... I was hoping that was tomorrow night!... when those Ads say those sort of things it usually amounts to nothing whatsoever as always... a shame really... I want to see them two fail big time!... and while I'm at it... Liam so reminds me of 'Zorg'... the character that Gary Oldman played in 'The Fifth Element'...lol!... cheers.

View attachment 49330

Lol Zorg yes!! Perfect!
I've seen that movie so many times.

Still enjoying it, anyone else watching? The meltdown in the next episode looks epic.

...I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes... at least least until they have all had a go at it... I am looking forward to Monday's episode for obvious reasons but I'm really curious as to how the Japanese girls go... they may be a good surprise and do so well... I don't know if it's me or not but do you think that the producers of the show have deliberately put them in a particular order in which to cook?...

...Christina and Tania first because they probably knew that they would be crap and fail miserably then turning Christina into a nasty bitter bitch to underscore badly and criticise severely to try and survive for the rest of the show?...

...Phillipe and Pascal next to show that some can cook pretty okay but knowing that the food that they were going to serve (brains etc) would be controversial thereby causing lots of criticism?...

...Aron and Vanessa next to show that their restaurant looks great and their food is really good thereby setting benchmarks for the rest of them thereby having people underscore them terribly and causing jealousy and nasty rivalry to boost ratings?...

...Conrad and Liam next to try and totally humiliate them after all of their constant bitchiness just for all of us to be able to gloat thereby lifting the ratings?...

...perhaps Lozz and Nols next because they are the 'comic relief nice ones' to make us all want to see them as underdogs to rally behind?...

...or maybe Marie and Emi next to be the surprise 'good cooks' that shock everyone on just how good they are thereby causing the rest to go into 'panic mode'?...

...I believe that the producers have told the judges what to order off the menus before the show even started knowing which foods that they order will cause the most controversy so as to plan the order of cooking contestants... for instance... they would know that the likes of Christina and Nols cannot bring themselves to eat the likes of rare meat or brains etc so it gives them a reason to be nasty as to what is served to them to 'up' the ratings etc... but then again... it may just be me thinking that perhaps?... lol!... cheers.

'Bosses at Seven have lodged papers in the Federal court seeking to have the new show starring Prince Charles' stepson Tom Parker-Bowles taken off air claiming [ it rips off MKR ]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3182609/Channel-Seven-turns-heat-against-rival-network-Nine-plans-sue-claiming-Hot-Plate-starring-Tom-Parker-Bowles-rip-Kitchen-Rules.html'

Like they didn't know before it went to air lol. I honestly cant see it lasting more than one season so they shouldn't be too worried (although I'm still watching lol).
And let's face it, Tom Parker Bowles is no Manu..

...I've been looking forward to this episode based on the promo for it... I'm hoping that I haven't been sucker-punched by the Ads... they better crash and burn big time or I will be peed off big time!... lol!... cheers.

Still waiting for this meltdown.... waiting, waiting..

No meltdown, just some shitty cooking and Christina sitting there with face like this..

smiley-face-cats-bum-face.jpg

Still waiting for this meltdown.... waiting, waiting..

No meltdown, just some shitty cooking and Christina sitting there with face like this..

smiley-face-cats-bum-face.jpg

...yep!... so much for the 'meltdown'... why do I get sucked into these bloody Ads?... (you'd think at my age that I'd know better eh?... lol!)... 'Life's like a box of chocolates'... moment right there folks!... well they are at the bottom of the pack at least so something good happened out of it regardless... now perhaps they'll stop being so bitchy and nasty and will give true criticisms of others meals as they should have done in the beginning?... nah!... who am I kidding?...

...I do hope that now they are not on the bottom that the Italian mother Christina will stop being such a horrible bitch from now on... perhaps she can be nice after all?... nah!... who am I kidding??... I don't like her at all because she refuses to eat anybodies cooked food... isn't the point of the show that they taste each others food so as to critique it?... the poor woman is wasting away from not eating!... perhaps she thinks that they are on 'The Biggest Loser'?...

...oh well... the Japanese girls are on tomorrow night... I've been wanting to see them cook more so than any of the others... they've been the least bitchy pair out of all of them so I hope that they do well... obviously Cristina won't eat again so how can she judge them?... the one thing that I don't like about this show is as with the father and son French restaurant and tomorrows Japanese restaurant... because they are out of the ordinary cuisine are they at an instant disadvantage because they are not serving 'normal' food?... let's face it... these Japanese girls could produce the best food of the competition but will be scored low just because the others won't want to eat it or perhaps even won't like it because their food is traditionally served in small portions?...

...needless to say I'm kind of sticking with this show which is surprising for me... I had no intention of watching it all the way through but it's looking like I'm hooked... alas!... I need to get a life instead of being a slave to shows like this lol!... cheers.

Looks like I'm going to stick with the show (High Court permitting) until the first round is done. Good to see a little dignity in defeat from the boys tonight, they have Christina beat in that department anyway.

Like Sticky I'm most interested in what the girls do tomorrow, but let's face it - some of these contestants are very unsophisticated diners. I think my favourite part of the show is when the judges rave about something one of contestants has bagged.

I've actually warmed to Tom Parker Bowles. I can't take to the other judge though (I don't even know his name lol) - facial hair looks good on some guys. On him it makes him look like a homeless person they just picked up off the street.

I really like personal space, so the two judges talking 6 inches away from each other's faces was crowding me. It felt like two people were crammed into the table head built for one.

...all of those capillaries and veins and arteries are going to be so loved by Christina et al aren't they?... lol!... I can hear the screams of horror already lol!... cheers.

...walking towards the Japanese Restaurant and Christina says ... "the girls have been saying the that their Yakitori thing is so great... watch out if it's not!"... (or words similar)... how will she know because yet again the odds are that she will not even eat their food!... what a wicked woman... cheers.

...jeez!... Christina and her 'palate'... I'm totally convinced that the only thing that will satisfy her 'palate' would be a big steaming turd sitting on a big plate of pasta!.... she was absolutely put in her place by Liam's comment lololol!... Liam and Conrad's attitude is really so much better since they were humbled last night... now they are being honest at last... well done Liam in putting Christina in her place lol!... the girls are doing so well tonight just as I expected... well done Marie and Emi!!!... I would love to try their food... cheers

...jeez!... Christina and her 'palate'... I'm totally convinced that the only thing that will satisfy her 'palate' would be a big steaming turd sitting on a big plate of pasta!.... she was absolutely put in her place by Liam's comment lololol!... Liam and Conrad's attitude is really so much better since they were humbled last night... now they are being honest at last... well done Liam in putting Christina in her place lol!... the girls are doing so well tonight just as I expected... well done Marie and Emi!!!... I would love to try their food... cheers

Lol!!! Big steaming turd indeed. That made me laughed so hard lol.
Liam's great tonight, the side-eye he's been giving them says it all lol

Back