Skip to main content

The Hotplate... is anyone going to bother watching it?...

...it wasn't too bad Zscund to be honest... as I said in my earlier post apparently these people all own their own Restaurants so they really are putting themselves out there for criticism big time so they have a lot riding on this I guess... I will watch at least one or two more episodes for sure at least... cheers.

I don't find it that surprising that ratings were around those numbers.
These are both un-tried shows in the same genre - of course ratings are going to be split between them.
The egomaniacs who decided to put new shows against each other at the same time just so they could have a measuring contest should be fired.

The hot plate was 784,000 and restaurant revulotion was 676,000

...oh really?... not too bad when you look at it... quite surprising to me... thanks Zscund...

I quite liked both of them, they're just filler and I wouldn't care if they were axed but at the moment there's nothing much else.

...that's the way that I'm looking at it too Meglos... if Big Brother was on these wouldn't even get a look-in with me lol!... cheers.

I don't find it that surprising that ratings were around those numbers.
These are both un-tried shows in the same genre - of course ratings are going to be split between them.
The egomaniacs who decided to put new shows against each other at the same time just so they could have a measuring contest should be fired.

...Amen to that Insomniac... they can waste time doing that but can't be bothered to put Big Brother on!... yep!... sack the bastards I say!... lol!...

Ratings are sillly

...too true... I can't argue with that...

Yeah, nobody ever asks me if I watch things lol.

...hey Insomniac... do you watch things?;):happy:... what shows do you watch?... cheers.

Just watched the first episode, so far it seems this show could just as well be called "My Kitchen Rules - The Professionals." Definitely more about the personalities than the food. It's neither more or less than I expected really.

...I watched tonight's show and it seemed that the Italian mother was going to hate whatever the French father and son team served up no matter what... that was disappointing for me to see... it's put me off her straight away... geez I hate that... so you didn't do well but don't go getting nasty and start scoring really low just to put you above them... cook better than them and beat them that way to win next time instead so that you don't look such a bitch eh?...

...as oddjob said above... it does look like it's about the personalities and egos and not the food...

...I've just watched Restaurant Revolution and just can't be bothered with it to be honest... I can't find a bond with any of the contestants and find none of them interesting enough to keep me watching it so I'll give The Hotplate another couple of tries to see if I stick with it I guess... although it looks like it's going to be a 'My Kitchen Rules' super bitchfest the whole way through this series but hey!... it should make for great viewing lol!...

...there's no way that I'm going to get all embroiled in this show as I did with Masterchef and the backing of certain contestants that I can forsee because so far I'm not caring enough for anyone that has been on so far... hmmmmm!... perhaps I'm being a tad bit too critical too early maybe?... I'll have to wait and see methinks!... cheers.

The undermarking from the competitors kind of spoils the show for me. It kills the feel-good factor. You want people to triumph and they barely get pass marks. It doesn't make anyone look good - or as clever as they think they are, just cheaty, stupid and selfish.

Back